Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 AM   #15
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
i have my arh system not installed yet but why is there a section missing to connect it to a axle back system ? someone needs to sell just those 2 pipes 2 1/2" and 3" to make all the header systems reach the axle back it's a conspiracy to make you buy the cat back exhaust system to make it work rite then your stuck with 1/2 of your cat back ( the x-pipe part) that you cant use !!! understand ??? the axle back systems need to come with enough pipe to reach the x pipe !!!
Yeah, the ARH kit connects directly to the "factory" axle back, but it's sounding like the after-market axle back systems aren't providing enough piping going by what you're saying. And I'm sure the length of piping on the axle backs differ by brands because they have no idea what length x or h pipe it will be connected to. You would think all the axle backs would match the factory length which should directly bolt up to the ARH or factory system. Now, buying headers and x or h pipe seperately could add up to length variations.
I definitely would not buy a catback system because of a discrepancy in length while ending up with two x-pipes. That's wasting hundreds of dollars. Any muffler shop can very easily weld in the missing links or cut out and weld if necessary to get your tips where you want them!!! That's their 20 minutes worth of pay earned.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #16
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickss View Post
what were you quoted on the tune? was it dyno tune?
$500, quoted just for tune. I'm hoping a free dyno gets thrown in just so they and I have a dyno for my particular parts installed. Prob would help others to see that. I will definitely want a stock dyno too first then a dyno after. I'm not pushing to get a dyno off each part. Don't really care. Just stock and then after components to get a daily ballpark of what I'm pushing and for my records in case I ever need to sell her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickss View Post
i wanna do mine piece by piece so i can actually see it on the dyno to see what kinda numbers i get with each
That could get expensive. Hope you plan on installing all those parts same day inbetween dynos while you're there.
You could add one, dyno, add another, dyno, add another, dyno then get the tune in the end then dyno. That would be four dynos at whatever cost you can find though unless you know somebody. A good tune will cost about $500 though on top of all those dynos.
I figure in the long run, it doesn't matter if the intake did 20, the headers did 30, the x-pipe did 5, the mufflers did 1, or whatever combination. Still gonna vary some for every car and gas used, temperature, etc. Those company's should already have legitimate numbers for their products anyway. To me the bottom line would be what is my car stock and then what is my car after done modifying. Just my two cents. I also feel like you might stir up a lot of debating by quoting hp for each of your parts and I've seen enough debating in these threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I put ARHeaders on mine in July with no tune. It runs great and definatley added power.
I'm really curious if your check engine light has come on? I would bet so, but want to amazingly be told no. Tell the truth though. LOL I ask because I will have my ARH kit on probably for a couple weeks or longer before I get the intake I want and a tune. I imagine I'll have to stare at the engine light during that time, but will cover with electrical tape for night driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
The system will run without being tuned...but you will gain even more power with it tuned.
The long look is because you also get the 3 inch pipes and x-pipe with the full system. If you buy the system that is designed for cat-backs, it ends at the cats, with a 2.5" outlet ready to bolt up to any aftermarket cat-back system.
And ZZcamaro is a great seller with the best deals!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #17
CasperSS

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2SS SIM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
i have my arh system not installed yet but why is there a section missing to connect it to a axle back system ? someone needs to sell just those 2 pipes 2 1/2" and 3" to make all the header systems reach the axle back it's a conspiracy to make you buy the cat back exhaust system to make it work rite then your stuck with 1/2 of your cat back ( the x-pipe part) that you cant use !!! understand ??? the axle back systems need to come with enough pipe to reach the x pipe !!!

I asked about installing the ARH system to a borla axle back and was told you had to use about 2ft of your old exhaust and it would bolt right up. This is from a member on here that installed it. Kinda sucks!
CasperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
1sickss

Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
good info guys thanks
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i installed ARH headers after installing magnaflow comp series axle back exhaust. had to use about 3 inches of the stock pipe on passenger side, as for the driver side i had to weld the ARH 3"-2-1/2" transition pipe to the magnaflow pipe b/c both were female connections, i.e. hole to hole not pole to hole lol!

as i feared i'm not satisfied how it looks but i love the sound. i'm gunna wait and see what this ARH/Corsa pkg is i hear rumors about and see if i can order just the rear part of that set up to give it that show quality appearance.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #20
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
A Camaro member just posted this clip of his AR headers with the Solo Performance axle-back Quantum exhaust kit:
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #21
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
so there is a ARH kit you can buy that ends at the catback so that you can bolt it up to any cat-back???? that'd be what i'd buy. i want it to be fully bolt on, incase i ever have to take it off/sell it, etc.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote