Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #43
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Thing I find interesting is Aqua comes in here concerned about resale value of the Camaro with the '11 mustang coming out yet he has the lower model of the camaro but can afford whatever he wanted to get. Thats nice and all but the essence of your thread comes across, at least to me, as trolling. Are you really concerned about resale value or more about flapping your gums and stirring up crap?
K
Old 01-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #44
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Not bashing the V6?

You're right..you're not bashing the V6 at all.
I too laughed when I saw he claimed he is not bashing.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #45
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post

He should have gotten the real v8 and not the dumbed down v6...

Still don't know why the hell there is a v6 camaro...
fail. just full of fail. V6 was more than enough for me, she could still hit 60 in a lil under 6 seconds and was able to push me back into my seat. And I could actually AFFORD the v6 (till i found out i was getting a pay cut...).

Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #46
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
anyone who bashes anyone else for buying a V6 can eat a cock

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Old 01-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #47
Agent Atomic Orange

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS IOM M6
Quote:
Old people.....:fighting0040:
:troll:

Airaid CAI (V2 Tube)/ Flowmaster American Thunder/ Barton Shifter Kit/ Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars/ Hotchkis Sport Springs/ AAC Lights/ GM Trim Kit/ Tint/ Pioneer Premier Champion Series Sub/ Pioneer 1500 Watt Amp
Old 01-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #48
Croatcamaro2010

Drives: '10 Camaro RS 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
Well, I disagree with you on one point. The resale value is important, especially to the enthusiasts. The enthusiasts will want the best of the best and it appears that the 2011 5.0 GT will be the better vehicle for speed and handling. Sure the the die hard GM guys will only by GM and Ford die hards will buy Ford. But there are many many more people who want the latest and greatest.

You are already seeing the values of Camaro fall. The new Mustang will be a hit in my opinion and will really hurt the value of the Camaro. Just my opinion. I personally don't own the Camaro for its racing ability. If I was in the the race game, I would have to say I would wait for the 5.0 GT Mustang if I wanted a muscle car. For racing period, the Corvette is the only way to go. That's why I get a chuckle out so many on this forum trying to prove how fast their Camaro is. If you want racing, go Corvette, period.

the vette is a fast set of wheels no question, but to be fair i dont think it fits in with the muscle car category but rather the super car category with the ford gt and the ferrari line of cars also the vette is a bit more out of people's price range, maybe not all, but most, lastly while the corevette does look quite sharp, id have to say the camaro looks better to me, as for the price value, i think they will hold for along time, i however could careless about the resale value because i plan on keeping the car as long as humanly possible but i dont see the resale value falling anytime soon in my opinion

http://www.active.com/donate/napa12midastl/stlNBrekal
Old 01-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #49
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
oh this is such a thread for a good Monday laugh. thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #50
savage71ChevelleSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Imperial Blue
2SSARME, Weren't you the guy on here a few weeks back complaining of some guy keying your car? I can understand with the I am better than you attitude and daddy's money that someone would go up to your car and do that.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #51
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage71ChevelleSS View Post
2SSARME, Weren't you the guy on here a few weeks back complaining of some guy keying your car? I can understand with the I am better than you attitude and daddy's money that someone would go up to your car and do that.
don't worry man, he's just on here because he has no friends. don't feed the trolls.

also, he is not too bright.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #52
coolman

Quote:
Why does it really matter where he got his money? There isn't a sole in Gods green earth that would turn money down if they had some fall into their lap. Attitudes aren't made buy money. I have a friend that never worked a day in his life ,but he is the one of the nicest and most sensible people I know.

None if this has anything to do with the camaro's resale value or worth.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #53
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:

Must be smart enough to manage my money pretty good to be 19 and have what I have.
dumb enough to make trivial grammar mistakes.

dumb enough to get married at 19.

dumb enough to contradict yourself and buy all those trivial cars...

I could go on, but we can continue this in PM's
Old 01-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #54
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
You mean this Thread ?.............

2SSARME

Finally got it...

Well I awoke today to get in my car and find a very nice keying on it. The back right bumper was keyed downwards about 6 inches and the drivers side door had some very nasty deep and thick key marks. It seemed like they wrote like a W and then twisted the key and completely scratched the paint to hell.

I'll post pics tomorrow when there's sun, but I guess as many of you are thinking "I got what I deserve."

Just think it's funny that I haven't had ONE problem with my car in the last 3 months but one day I get a purposeful door throw at my car and 2 days later I get a bad keying.

Oh well.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #55
Booneabal

Drives: 2LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:

He should have gotten the real v8 and not the dumbed down v6...

Still don't know why the hell there is a v6 camaro...
The only thing dumb is your statement. I make $200k a year and have net worth of over $1 million last time I checked.
I can certainly afford a V8 - I don't want one.
The v6 drives great, has the look and performs as well as vehicles costing $10k-$20k more in everyday and highway scenarios.
The additional performance the V8 offers is completely useless to me off track and the idea of driving into light poles at high speed doesn't excite me as it does some others.

Try to enjoy your vehicle without disrespecting the other 1/3rd of us who put our money where our mouth is and supported Camaro.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #56
hamidar05

Drives: 10 Camaro/69 Bronco/08 Mazda3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
With the 2011 Mustang GT coming out, what will happen to the value of the Camaros, especially the SS models?

The new Mustang 5.0 GT is stated to have 0-60 times at about 4.5 with 1/4 mile in the 12's and that is stock.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/28/2...blog+(Autoblog)

It looks like the 2011 Mustang will have the power to weight ratio. My understanding is that the Mustang will also have the better handling due to being a lighter car.

Around here I am starting to see a lot of Camaros on the lot and they are going at invoice or better with GM pricing or Supplier.

My understanding is that the Mustang 5.0 GT will also be priced well. Let the rebates begin.
Back on topic, if it is one of the best resale cars... how can you argue with that... KBB assumes a drive off price decrease, so that is artificially low for now since there are still used ones going at or close to the lot price, regardless if there are Camaros in other parts of the US still on the lot. I'm sure that there are a lot of folks in other countries as well as in the US that will be wanting more of them once they are on the racing circuits.

With respect to rollin in your five-O, well how can they sell it for less than the current GT, in that case the price is no better, if not more than the Camaro.

Like many folks have already said, they love their Camaros, and for me it was based on looks and performance value... does the 2011 stang look any different than the 2009? Ford made a good start getting back to the 69/70 fastback style, but they started moving away from it already. and
VIN# 34612
Bitchin Camaro - Dead Milkmen - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/8092
Thank You Oshawa - Domo arigato Mr. Roboto
~1600 mi so far - 07/18/10

Closed Thread