Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
AJC

Drives: coupe
Question Non Boston System question?

I am about to purchase a 2010 Camaro LT1 with the stock standard radio system. It has 6 speakers.

Question: I will want to replace all the speakers and add an amp. I will put components in the front and coax in the rear deck.
Can I just take the speaker wires from the front speakers and rear speakers and use as input to the amp then run new speaker wires from the amp out to the new speakers? Should this work or am I missing anything?
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
It depends on the Amp you are using. If the amp has high-level inputs, then you can do it that way.

I'd recommend using a signal converter, or if you have the money, a JL CleanSweep System. The CleanSweep would work the best because it "normalizes" the outputs to eliminate the built-in signal equalization of the factory head unit to give you a more true input signal for your amp(s).

If I had the money or the stereo enthusiasm I used to, I'd go with the CleanSweep.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Sorry to dig this thread out of the grave, but I've got a question about this also. Was at the dealer today and should be an LS owner next week. I've been searching the site, sorry if I missed this.

Are there different models of radios that go in the Bose vs stock stereo or are they the same and using different programming and wiring?

I ask because if they are the same, I saw on the pinout wiring diagrams of the radio that there are the low level outputs for the UQA option. If they are the same I'm wondering if I could just tap into those and get some updated programming and run the low level into my own amp the same way the BA system is set up.

I bitched about not being able to do anything to my old G6's stereo because it was the Monsoon sound, now I'm getting a car with a headunit like this! I never learn.