Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 03-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #407
Raven42nd
"Let 'em eat crow"

Drives: 2014 Spring Edition V6 Conv
I have a convertible as well. Let us know when you final word.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #408
2011Black2SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Below came straight from 10/10ths Motorsports that I usually run with and its a decent format that I like. If you go to their website they also have a Novice Corner as it appears there are going to be quite a few Novice drivers. Not trying to step on any toes, but just thinking that some of the Novice drivers would need some things to read / research that may help answer a lot of their questions.

Novice Corner Link
http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com/page/page/5265175.htm

10/10ths run groups restrictions.

NOVICE GROUP

Our Novice drivers are like most, full of anticipation and ready to learn, but lacking the basic skills that must be mastered to eventually reach a level of smooth, fast and advanced driving. 10/10ths provides our Novice Drivers with the following:

On track instructors
Classroom sessions
Passing in straights with a point bye
Documented instructor feedback
The Fun and Excitement of watching our Intermediate and Advanced drivers on track.
NOTE: Novice Drivers are very strongly encouraged to run on street tires. You simply have too much to learn prior to moving up to "slick" type race tires. Car (handling / control / feel) skills are much more important to learn as a solid foundation first.

INTERMEDIATE GROUP

Our Intermediate drivers will have had several track days under their belt and are ready to begin learning some skill sets that will take them to the next level. 10/10ths firmly believes this can be done in a very safe and controlled venue by giving these drivers the freedom to experience and practice these skills on track. You can only learn so much in the classroom or by talking to fellow drivers in the paddock. The only way to learn these skills is on the track, behind the wheel.

This session allows for passing anywhere on track with a mandatory point bye but drivers do not have to give a point bye or take a pass if they are not comforatable. This allows for skill practice for those that are comfortable while still allowing others to gain more track experience prior to advancing into corner passing.

Having a powerful / fast car does not make you a fast driver. You must be very comfortable in passing situations and have competency in the basic driving skills. You must know how to handle any flag situation and act accordingly.

We provide the Intermediate Drivers with the following:

Ability to attend any classroom session held during the day
Increased on track passing freedoms
Passing anywhere on track with a mandatory point bye
Give point by only if comfortable
Take the pass only if comfortable
High percentage passes encouraged
Ability to learn "off line" driving
Forces better "situational awareness"
Advanced braking techniques discussed and encouraged according to driver confort level
Threshold braking etc.
Trail braking
IF AVAILABLE
Expert in car coaching from experienced drivers
According to availabiltiy as Novice drivers are assigned instructors first.

ADVANCED GROUP

Our Advanced drivers will have had many track days under their belt and are accomplished high performance drivers, comfortable with high speeds, passing in corners, driving off line and handling other cars on the track. 10/10ths firmly believes this can be done in a very safe and controlled venue by giving these drivers the freedom to experience and practice these skills on track. You can only learn so much in the classroom or by talking to fellow drivers in the paddock. The only way to learn these skills is on the track, behind the wheel.

Drivers in this group must hold a race/TT licence, have successfully driven in our Advanced Group previously and/or be checked off by a 10/10ths instructor. This is to ensure the needed level of compentency for all our Advanced Group Drivers. Instructors also drive in the Advanced Group sessions.

We provide the Advanced Drivers with the following:

Ability to attend any classroom session held during the day
Increased on track passing freedoms
Passing anywhere on track with NO point bye.
Passing in the corners
Off line driving
High percentage passes encouraged
Ability to learn "off line" driving
Forces better "situational awareness"
Rolling Start Practice / Time Trials (According to the group at the event)
This truly sets 10/10ths Motosports apart as we encourage and allow those advanced drivers who wish, to participate in the rolling race starts. We include TT single file Starts as well as 2x2 rolling starts.
Separate drivers meeting and classroom session for rolling start participants.
Comprehensive documented information concerning race craft techniques etc.
Greatly increases driver skill in a safe; non-competetive venue
For the sake of safety and a better learning experience, we start the faster cars up front and require a 1.5 car length separation between rows, which has proven time and again to be a very safe, but educational and VERY FUN / EXCITING method to provide this activity. Our drivers absolutely love the rolling starts and many have since considered and/or started competetive racing. It is the only venue available where you will routinely get to gain this invaluable experience in a very safe and controlled venue.
Personal safety equipment that is suggested for Advanced Drivers include:
FIA rated gloves
Long sleeve cotton shirt
Snell 2000 or better helmet
Head / Neck restraint if you have a race seat and harness or stock seat with harness
If using a race harness, the harness must come Through the seat
FIA rated fire suit is recommended
Instructors ONLY as passengers with prior approval
2011Black2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #409
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven42nd View Post
I have a convertible as well. Let us know when you final word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28-conv View Post
Yeah I need some clarification. I will also be very disappointed and have to get a refund as well. Also if that is true for the road course does that include all of the tracks? I.E. Autox and Drag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragtopguy View Post
What about the other events? Drags and Auto cross?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guys, I'm sorry to say this but convertibles won't be allowed. I got clarification this morning from the track. I need to double check y'alls names and I'll get the refund going asap. Send me a PM and I'll get it done right away.

Doug
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #410
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Guys, I'm sorry to say this but convertibles won't be allowed. I got clarification this morning from the track. I need to double check y'alls names and I'll get the refund going asap. Send me a PM and I'll get it done right away.

Doug
I have checked the list, bolded the verts and put them at the bottom

Raven42nd
theragtopguy
Top Off
z28-conv
378ci
Mgue67
Old 03-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #411
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I have checked the list, bolded the verts and put them at the bottom

Raven42nd
theragtopguy
Top Off
z28-conv
378ci
Mgue67
Got one so far...then PayPal says, you can't do any more! Nah...site isn't doing refunds at the moment. I'll get back on it in a couple and I'll get them done.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:37 PM   #412
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I am really bummed out about this. Thanks for your hard work in putting it together, but the wife and I have decided that we will not be coming.

We hope that everybody has a blast!! We'll just find somewhere else to cruise in our new Green Flash!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:08 PM   #413
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Bummed is an understatement. I was really looking forward to this. I never thought this was going to be an issue. Well what can I do down there? It feels like , Yeah come down and join us at Camaro Fest just don't participate in anything? Well let me know when I will get my refund. Can I drag race? anything? Well I am still planning on coming, lets see what happens between now and then. Thanks for organizing the event in the first place. I am sure My Family and I will find plenty to do.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:12 PM   #414
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Bummed is an understatement. I was really looking forward to this. I never thought this was going to be an issue. Well what can I do down there? It feels like , Yeah come down and join us at Camaro Fest just don't participate in anything? Well let me know when I will get my refund. Can I drag race? anything? Well I am still planning on coming, lets see what happens between now and then.
This is only the NCM track on Thursday. It's their rules. We run verts on the road track all the time down here.

At Beech Bend you can run AutoX and Drags. This was only a small part of the fest.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:07 PM   #415
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Bummed is an understatement. I was really looking forward to this. I never thought this was going to be an issue. Well what can I do down there? It feels like , Yeah come down and join us at Camaro Fest just don't participate in anything? Well let me know when I will get my refund. Can I drag race? anything? Well I am still planning on coming, lets see what happens between now and then. Thanks for organizing the event in the first place. I am sure My Family and I will find plenty to do.
PayPal is working on your refund right now. Should be coming anytime. Sorry it didn't work out. I'd be pretty bummed too. But hey...you could always install that roll bar and join us!:big grin:

More spots are open, folks! If you have a buddy who's coming with you and wants to run, do like the others did and let them know! Let's fill this bad boy up!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #416
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

UPDATE:

Long sleeve shirts will NOT be required to run. Just closed toe shoes and long pants....and a t-shirt of some sort, of course.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #417
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Black2SS View Post
Thanks for the great information. I've added it to the front page for reference.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:21 AM   #418
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
No Verts period? or you have to have a roll bar? IF you have something from them as to what they require that would be great
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #419
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
UPDATE:

Long sleeve shirts will NOT be required to run. Just closed toe shoes and long pants....and a t-shirt of some sort, of course.
And a Helmet, mine came in yesterday

Name:  Spawn helmet.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  97.5 KB
Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 AM   #420
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
Just Checked on their website to see if they had anything on there, nothing about their rules/requirements. They did have this on the home page the last sentence is kinda interesting if they aren't allowing 'verts..... but if your on a motorcycle your a lot safer right?
The National Corvette Museum embarked on one of the most exciting and significant expansion projects in the nearly 20-year history of the Museum when on June 28, 2013 it broke ground on a 184 acre Motorsports Park. The $20 million, dual-track attraction will provide motorsports enthusiasts with a new favorite destination. The two circuits, “East” and “West” can be combined into multiple configurations ranging from a high speed loop of 1.96 miles to an extended 3.15 mile technical course. The teams at Corvette Racing and Pratt and Miller advised the Museum on the layout, incorporating features from their most challenging track, the Le Mans circuit. The facility welcomes all makes and models of vehicles, including motorcycles.
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009