Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-04-2016, 09:59 AM   #29
2012OrangeVert

Drives: 2012 Orange 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Not true. You can deal with the GM rep directly, and he can authorize it. Ask me how I know.
How do you know?
2012OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:14 PM   #30
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012OrangeVert View Post
How do you know?
When I had steering rack issues, I took the car into the dealership for warranty work. They told me that because of my mods I had voided my warranty. I told them, it was no big deal and that there were other dealers in the area who would. I politely left and went to a different dealer later that week.

I was informed by the new dealer that they could not warranty my steering rack, because it had already been declined once before. However they told me that if I contacted GM, I could hash it out with the general rep for the area. It was a nice and polite way for them to pass me off to someone else. At the time I thought I was screwed, and felt a little dejected. After coming home and doing some searching on Google, and C5, I found out about the magnuson-moss act.

So I contacted the regional rep from GM, that next day, we had about a 15 min conversation, which was actually quite civil. I never even had to bring up the magnuson-moss act, he told me himself that if the cause of the failure was related to the modifications I had made then I would be SOL. He also told me that most dealers are more prone to deny certain claims for fear of not getting reimbursed by GM. He told me that he would reevaluate my car later that week, and if there was something that could be done, than he would see to it.

The following week, I had a new steering rack in my car, paid for by GM.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #31
2012OrangeVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
When I had steering rack issues, I took the car into the dealership for warranty work. They told me that because of my mods I had voided my warranty. I told them, it was no big deal and that there were other dealers in the area who would. I politely left and went to a different dealer later that week.

I was informed by the new dealer that they could not warranty my steering rack, because it had already been declined once before. However they told me that if I contacted GM, I could hash it out with the general rep for the area. It was a nice and polite way for them to pass me off to someone else. At the time I thought I was screwed, and felt a little dejected. After coming home and doing some searching on Google, and C5, I found out about the magnuson-moss act.

So I contacted the regional rep from GM, that next day, we had about a 15 min conversation, which was actually quite civil. I never even had to bring up the magnuson-moss act, he told me himself that if the cause of the failure was related to the modifications I had made then I would be SOL. He also told me that most dealers are more prone to deny certain claims for fear of not getting reimbursed by GM. He told me that he would reevaluate my car later that week, and if there was something that could be done, than he would see to it.

The following week, I had a new steering rack in my car, paid for by GM.
Thanks for answering. Good to hear some real stories about Warranty being denied , or not denied. I have only had my car 3 months and it is a big learning curve with these cars compared to my old 3rd gens and older cars I have owned. Glad you got your steering fixed. As far as my situation, I have decided I will definitely be getting some high flow cats sometime in the near future. Will try them without a tune and see how they do. Also , I just put on a Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, and it definitely made my exhaust a little louder at wot, I also feel a slight increase in takeoff, and it looks great. Just throwing that in there. And from there I will then have to make an even bigger decision, as to whether I will buy a Diablosport Tuner . My good friend who is much smarter than me at modding cars says it won't be detected. But I have read until I am blue in the face on that subject, so I know that if I do that I have to consider my drivetrain warranty may or may not be gone. I really just wanted advice on high flow cats and whether they would need a tune or not, but these threads do seem to get off base . Anyway. I am learning a lot by reading and reading about these 5th Gens. And I love my car and plan to keep it a long time. And I know I will learn a lot more in the coming years.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #32
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012OrangeVert View Post
Thanks for answering. Good to hear some real stories about Warranty being denied , or not denied. I have only had my car 3 months and it is a big learning curve with these cars compared to my old 3rd gens and older cars I have owned. Glad you got your steering fixed. As far as my situation, I have decided I will definitely be getting some high flow cats sometime in the near future. Will try them without a tune and see how they do. Also , I just put on a Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, and it definitely made my exhaust a little louder at wot, I also feel a slight increase in takeoff, and it looks great. Just throwing that in there. And from there I will then have to make an even bigger decision, as to whether I will buy a Diablosport Tuner . My good friend who is much smarter than me at modding cars says it won't be detected. But I have read until I am blue in the face on that subject, so I know that if I do that I have to consider my drivetrain warranty may or may not be gone. I really just wanted advice on high flow cats and whether they would need a tune or not, but these threads do seem to get off base . Anyway. I am learning a lot by reading and reading about these 5th Gens. And I love my car and plan to keep it a long time. And I know I will learn a lot more in the coming years.
First of all congrats on the ride, love the color. I had an IOM 1LT and it turned lots of heads.

I too am not ready to do long tubes and a tune, but I've thought about getting high flow cats to go with my axleback. I was hoping to get some info from this thread, but the only takeaway is that it may or may not improve performance and you may or may not need a tune. Once you mention warranty, VTC, or a catch can, the thread will go off the rails quickly

Let us know if you end up getting them and how it turned out.
Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #33
2012OrangeVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo SS View Post
First of all congrats on the ride, love the color. I had an IOM 1LT and it turned lots of heads.

I too am not ready to do long tubes and a tune, but I've thought about getting high flow cats to go with my axleback. I was hoping to get some info from this thread, but the only takeaway is that it may or may not improve performance and you may or may not need a tune. Once you mention warranty, VTC, or a catch can, the thread will go off the rails quickly

Let us know if you end up getting them and how it turned out.
Thank you. I love it. Your color looks awesome too. What is it called? Now about the cats. I believe after all my reading that high flow cats will normally give about 20 HP on an SS. And as far as warranty, I believe that it would absolutely ruin my exhaust warranty. Which I don't care about. I don't believe it will ruin my powertrain warranty. I am definitely going for it sometime soon. I am looking for some used ones, but may end up getting new. I am leaning towards Solo brand , hoping for less drone as they advertise that. I will definitely come back on and let people know how it works out