Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #43
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEJNG View Post
You really don't give credit to the paint on your Dad's car. I think it looks more like the Camaro that was sold by Baldwin Chevrolet and built by Motion Performance.

Customers could purchase their new Chevrolet at the Baldwin dealership and specify it to be converted into a Motion-prepared supercar. Beginning in 1967, Baldwin/Motion offered “The Fantastic Five” Novas–full-sized Chevrolets, Chevelles, Camaros and Corvettes, all powered by a 427-cid engine that produced in excess of 425 horsepower. The Baldwin/Motion cars weren’t just engine swaps. They were exceedingly well-engineered, completely balanced supercars with beefed-up drive trains, stronger brakes, and competent suspensions that produced results that far outstripped factory-built musclecars. Motion customers could order engines built up to 500 horsepower.
Cool bit of history there... Thanks for the post!

Not trying to under play my Dad's car at all; it had an INSANE amount of work done to it (the chasis was heavly reinforced, suspension customised, interior done to the nines and state of the art (for the early 90's) engine control systems... The paint was just the icing on the cake!

The paint was actually done in my uncle's body shop (RIP) the silver stripe was also metallic (hard to tell in the pics)

There wasn't a part of that car that wasn't obsessively modified (some times over and over)

I appreciate the interest, my dad was pretty amped that his car was going to be posted on a camaro forum, totally made his day (we talked for hours about it)

The car is no longer with us; our family buisness (masonary) went bankrupt in the mid 90's with the housing collapse and last we heard the car had been parted out (the engine ended up in circle track competition)... So fond memories and these few pics are all we have left of it.
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #44
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordave927 View Post
Good thing is the valnce isnt textured plastic so you can always paint or wrap it also if you dont like the look of it
Was thinking about wrapping it, but I'll likely hold out for a carbon fiber replacement that incorporates an under body piece up to the rear axle (would love a single exit exhaust option for these turbos to kill some weight with a rear valence option to match... I dream big )
Old 10-31-2016, 09:16 AM   #45
Corner carver

So much for this car never seeing snow lol... Have a good winter baby, I'll see you in the spring!
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #46
Corner carver

Well, the roads dried up and the insurance was still active, so i went out for some fun and surprised myself with this:
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #47
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock

-Gardiner
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote