Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-10-2019, 05:36 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Anyone Traded in Their 5th Gen Lightly Modified Camaro to a Dealer?

If you have, can you share how it went? I need to figure out my situation in the Spring, prefer just trading the car in rather than the hassle of trying to sell it privately.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Why trade it in with the mods? You could have that stuff swapped out in a few hours and make a little extra money for the down payment on your next ride. The dealer surely isn't going to give you anything extra for that stuff. If you're not mechanically inclined, I'm sure you could find a local member willing to swap the parts out for you if the price is right
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
479ls3
2014 Camaro ZL1 6MT

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
If you have, can you share how it went? I need to figure out my situation in the Spring, prefer just trading the car in rather than the hassle of trying to sell it privately.
J Rod's got a point ^. About 6 months ago I traded in my FBO BTR cammed, along with supporting mods, '13 SS for an '18 Sierra. They gave me the private value because they needed to get rid of the '18s for incoming '19s, but I wish I would've pulled some parts off it it to sell. I immediately had several people close to me asking to buy them

Last edited by 479ls3; 03-12-2019 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
479ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
if thats all you have, i'd return it to stock in about 2-3 hours max

dealer wont notice the vmax TB (which im assuming you did a core exchange on and dont have the stock unported one in the garrage somewhere)

then you can sell your headers and CAI in the classifieds on this forum

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
0-120

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
I've been looking for coated LTH and HFC, so you are that much closer to saving $$ on your new ride...
Old 03-14-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
Muscle Car Lover

Agree on the points made, I just don't have the time nor the stock parts anymore.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Old 03-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #7
TWOFORTYZ

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS 6M
I would expect lower value and a harder time selling it. Nobody older than about 25 wants to buy a modified car. You'd be better off trading parts with someone, or taking the loss.

I've modified and built many vehicles over the years. I never sold them for as much as a stock vehicle is worth. I had to part out and recycle my 72K original mile 2 owner Nissan 300ZX turbo (one year only car with the "big" turbo and better body style.) because nobody would buy it. The rear diff sold in 24 hours for more than the highest offer I received for the car. You're always better off selling stock, even if you have to give your parts away in trade to make it stock.

Last edited by TWOFORTYZ; 03-18-2019 at 07:14 PM.
TWOFORTYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:22 PM   #8
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
I traded in my SS with tune, exhaust delete and CIA dealer didn’t even look or ask...all good on my end!
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #9
ChaseHundreds

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou gill View Post
I traded in my SS with tune, exhaust delete and CIA dealer didn’t even look or ask...all good on my end!
That's good you were able to sell it that way with no questions asked, but he's looking for how much you got for it. Im curious myself since I too do not have the stock parts anymore.
Current Mods: RDP Tune, Kooks LT 1 7/8, Flow Masters Outlaw Series Cat-Back, Cold Air Induction CAI, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Catch Can II Gen, Oracle Tinted Side Markers, 15% Tinted Windows
ChaseHundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:53 AM   #10
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
The car had 31,000 miles 2SS 45th anniversary convertible needed tires and the trade for a ZL1. Trade was $18,000, ZL1 was 2013 convertible automatic with carbon fiber and navigation 19,000 miles $33,500. Both cars were in excellent shape.
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:47 PM   #11
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseHundreds View Post
That's good you were able to sell it that way with no questions asked, but he's looking for how much you got for it. Im curious myself since I too do not have the stock parts anymore.
From feedback and dealer info so far, I may get 18k on private sale, and 14k on a trade in.