Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-14-2016, 12:17 AM   #15
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
If your going to top a sealant I recommend keeping it in the product family.

This kit is a great example of a product line up that works together.

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-we...-fire-kit.html

Or this

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-seal.html

Which can be topped with either their polymer spray
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-spray-sealant.html

Or

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-spray-sealant.html

Keep in mind sealants dont work as well.when used over a wax, so if you choose the wax method as a topper, you may need to strip off the LSP before applying sealant again.

Crystal seal can be topped with the polymer spray, and topped again with crystal seal again as many times as you like without stripping the LSP to bare paint.

Again these are only suggestions, there are other brands with fine products, though I have had fantastic results using the above. I am certain that you would find the results to meet all your expectations.

If there is another brand your interested in I will gladly provide feedback if I have used them before.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:48 AM   #16
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
It is all going to be a new learning curve for me as I have always been A Meguiar's gal. Always loved the results & had many complements on my car (Ruby) no matter what others say about the "best" products. Just not sure I can treat this car, being metalic black and now having clearbra, the same.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #17
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
It is all going to be a new learning curve for me as I have always been A Meguiar's gal. Always loved the results & had many complements on my car (Ruby) no matter what others say about the "best" products. Just not sure I can treat this car, being metalic black and now having clearbra, the same.
Ruby, you'll be fine continuing to use the Meguiars products on the clear bra also. No worries there at all. Our 1LE is covered in Xpel film and we just had my wife's new to her Solstice completely covered. Yes, the entire painted surface is covered in XPel film. Pricey, yes, but finding a 1 of less than 200 09 Solstice with 30,000 miles on it and it's gonna be a daily, we wanted to keep it looking as good as possible. With the Meguiars products, do NOT use the cleaner wax, not needed and will do more harm than good. If you have any of the gold class waxes, or even the NXT line of products you will be good. The 1LE has a coat of gold class carnuba with a coat of Meguiars #21 polymer sealant. It's slick, will last a very long time and clean up is easy as pie.
Good luck and don't worry, you'll do it right.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #18
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
What is the average price for a clear bra installed on the front bumper? What is the best brand of clear bra? Thank you guys!
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #19
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
What is the average price for a clear bra installed on the front bumper? What is the best brand of clear bra? Thank you guys!
Price will vary per installer, but figure $4-600. Xpel Ultimate film is what we have installed on all of our cars. It's self healing and stands up to abuse quite well. My 1LE is covered in it and has been since May of 2014. It has 19,000 miles of track and street use and nothing has damaged the film at all. Great product. You can find an installer on Xpel's website.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #20
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I treat my Xpel with the recommended sealer from Xpel once a year when I totally strip all the wax from the car. From there I just do my usual wash/wax procedure. No issues. Not sure if the film you are getting is different.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote