Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
jcAUss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6
Navarre Beach FL

who is in navarre beach fl? I am down here for the week on vacation. I have never seen so many camaros in one town. Lots of nice rides. I feel pretty low rent since i just got my car a month ago and no mods. Love to meet some people while i am down here. Let me know.
jcAUss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
I'm over in Panama City. Don't know if I will make it over that way or not this week, but do enjoy your stay!!!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
Tusk
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: E350
Hey, jcAuss. Where in Alabaster do you live? I grew up in Shelby County (when Double Oak Mountain was two lane). We moved from Helena, via Nashville for one year, to Destin '01. Like acatlover 13 said, the further east you go, there are more 5th Gen happenings. Last weekend we had a 19 car meet & great with other Camaro owners along the Panhandle.

Just found out from one of my subcontractors there is an Exotic Car Show this Saturday at Grande Boulevard in Sandestin this Saturday from 11 am - 3 pm. My friend is bringing his Viper over, but not showing it. This is a Porche, Lamborghinis, Lotus, Ferraris and BMW charity event. 5th annual. We will probably go to see him and look at the exotics.

If you make it, we will be the ones not wearing foreign referenced shirts.

Have a great vacation.

p.s. - I am not usually up ths late, but the second back surgery last year may not be working as another disc may be going and sleep is now elusive.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Where exactly is that show at? i might have to come out and look at that !!!!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
p.s. - I am not usually up ths late, but the second back surgery last year may not be working as another disc may be going and sleep is now elusive.
Wow Eddie...that SUX...I'll be praying for you to get some sleep and some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
So does this mean you're not headed back to Valdosta this weekend?
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
Tusk
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
Gary,
Below is the article from the on-line paper. The hard copy last night said it was on Main Street at Grand Boulevard in Sandestin. I believe this is correct and it it not at Destin Commons. Either way, both are located on Highway 98 seperated by about 12 miles. Mimi and I are planning on going to look at the exotics. A friend with a Viper told me there will be several Porsche's there putting out 800hp to over 1,000 hp, all-wheel drive. I beleive a group of them is leaving Publix in Panama City tomorrow morning at 10 am heading over. Unfortunately the forum rules prohibit me from describing the type of "cruise" they will partake in to arrive at Grande Boulevard. He said last year it felt like they made the trip in 10 minutes...
Porsche Club plans show at Destin Commons

Comments 0

September 15, 2007 1:35 PM

Staff reports

DESTIN — The Destin Porsche Club will hold its Second Annual Charity Car Show at Destin Commons on Oct. 13.

The show will benefit Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast.

Seventy Porsches and other exotic cars will line Main Street at Destin Commons from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. People will be able to vote on their favorite car via dona-tions to Sacred Heart.

Best in Show will be determined by the largest dona-tion for a car.

Admission to the show is free.

It’s open to all Porsches from 1948-2007, as well as exotics like Lotus, Lamborghini and Ferrari.

To register e-mail cala-bama@cox.net or call 850-585-3053

Regina,
Thanks for the prayers. It has gotten progressively worse over the last few months. Back and leg issues again. Seeing the first doc today.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
jcAUss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6
Well I came back yesterday but it was a nice relaxing weekend at the beach. Very jealous of you all that live down there. Boy my car got sooo dirty. A little sand and moisture in the mornings down there made my car almost embarrassed to be seen in public. I saw quite a few C5s and all of the owners waved so it was a nice feeling seeing other C5 owners. I made the voyage over to Destin to the outlet malls and that was a nice ride. Lots of traffic down there even for off peak seasons.

I live off Thompson Rd. Been here for about 4 years.

Btw, I wanted to wash my car last night but was so exhausted. But I did wake up at 6:30 this morning and gave my baby a bath. Much better!
jcAUss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #8
Tusk
Emerald Coast Camaros

Glad to hear you had a good trip and a safe return.