Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #211
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
That may be the route they are going. I would suppose so since they are going to take it to a shop hopefully tomorrow. This process is taking almost as long as them installing the entire supercharger and its killing me. Thankfully I have an extra car...was not expecting this long of a wait. I will post pictures of the gauges whenever I get them for opinions!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:09 PM   #212
Patrick864 RS

Well got my car back today...the gauges look great. But the cost to put in everything did not. It was over $600 to install the gauges and replacement bearings. That is about the same, maybe more than it was to install the entire supercharger kit. I was knocked off my feet because they never said anything about it the entire week and I expected this to be a 2 day job at most. It took a week. Not sure what I am going to do now to cover these insane charges. Just doesnt add up to me.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #213
Patrick864 RS

Here are the gauges.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #214
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Addicted to F/I...

Well they look nice ? The performance shop quoted me 2hrs for bearing install. At ~$120 per hour that's $240. I did it myself and it did take 2 hours. Thinking about it they basically charge you about 5hr labor. I would say that's not bad considering what you had done, even thought they had it for a week.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #215
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Yeah you got charged a good price for the install work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Old 06-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #216
Nawkoutt

Drives: 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Alright well its been a good while since I got the kit installed. Nothing has really changed...it doesn't feel as powerful as it should be, it has like a "winding up" feeling at mid throttle, RPMs jump at 1k, and it still puts off a weird smell at certain times (mainly when I am stopped) and I have tried contacting everybody I know and haven't gotten any type of response. Ive emailed several people several times...no response...and I sent a message to Argo or whatever on here and haven't heard back yet. Thankfully nothing is seriously wrong. Still think its something to do with the tuning but who knows. The cold air is killer and its even richer than it was before.
Did you fix the problem? or do u feel like its not up to its potential still?
Nawkoutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #217
Patrick864 RS

Wow its been a long time since I have been on here lol I emailed IPF November 12th of 2013...yes 2013. I woke up a couple of weeks ago with a response from them saying that my tune was for long tube headers, which I do not have. So that might be why my car hasnt felt like its been running right the almost 3 years I have had it. I wouldve loved if I couldve found this out a little sooner...I understand they are in Germany but come on. Really? Now, I have the correct tune file but how easy is it for me to personally put it on myself? Because to be honest I am past tired of dumping money into the car when I dont have to. Can I upload it onto my computer and then put it on my car or is there a process I have to go through? I did the old tune back in the day by myself, but this is a little more serious than that was.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:29 PM   #218
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to buy a tuning module to upload the tune

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:42 PM   #219
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
You need to buy the IPF tuning module, and someone was actually selling one a couple days ago on the members classified section
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #220
Patrick864 RS

I have the module. It came with the tune when I bought it from IPF. I just have to install the software, upload the tune, and go on my way. I just didnt know if it was a tough process or not. Since its for a supercharger and not just a plug and go like the old software ones.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:29 PM   #221
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Nope its easy, same as a NA tune. Connect the module to your computer, when connected to ipf you select correct tune, upload it onto module. Take module connect it to your car and it downloads tune from module.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #222
Patrick864 RS

yeah, I did it in like 10 minutes. Runs wayyyy stronger than what it did the years I have had it. I dont know if they changed some things with the tune or the shop who installed it didnt know what exactly they were doing while tuning it. Because it feels like a totally different car now...feels like how I expected it to. Pulls like crazy. Definitely puts your head to the seat.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:14 PM   #223
Patrick864 RS

Long time no talk on here...unfortunately I'm coming on here to report some bad news. Lastnight to celebrate the 4th my car decided to die at about 10pm. Got it towed to the dealership where I bought it. For the past few weeks it's been running funny. It would completely shut off when I slowed down to turn into my driveway. And the startup wasn't strong. But it wasn't every time. Except for the past week it's been sketchy with that happening and lastnight on the way to the store it started running very funny. It would get up to speed but the exhaust sounded like it was going 5 mph when I was going 50. So I was going home and it died. Lights and gauges and everything still worked. Just wouldn't even attempt to crank. Don't know what the issue is but hopefully the dealership can help out.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #224
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
check cats for collapsed. they will plug up