Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #85
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Spoiler looks great
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #86
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
This post is in no way knocking SLP's products and services.

Cut them some slack?

No.

Who's bright idea was it to show off some half ass finished products? Real slick move... why would any company making a product try to show it off with unfinished prototypes that are not fitted correctly?

What a waste of time.

You want customers to look at a poorly fitted spoiler and then hope they "cut you slack" and still hope they see it, use their imagination, and say to themselves "yeah I'll buy that".

C'mon now, talk about a poor marketing strategy if you ask me.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #87
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Obviously the spoiler isn't quite complete or installed all the way but I think it also suffers from poor camera angles. I think it would look better from a front 3/4 shot.
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #88
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
I guess you could say the style might be similar but they don't really look the same. And the SLP wheels are replicas of the vert wheels that came out 2.5 yrs ago. So if anything the Mustang wheels are taking styling queues from these wheels and just doubled the number of spokes.
Didn't like the vert wheels to begin with... And these are smaller, which makes them looks stumpy

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #89
That Guy

Drives: Better than yours
That hood is ugly! The shape is all wrong. The wheels are hideous, and rear spoiler is weak.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #90
SLP Performance

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thanks for the feedback folks. Just to reiterate, one thing I made perfectly clear to anyone taking a look at the blue car - all items except for the wheels were pure prototype.

In fact, we overnighted the hood and spoiler from our Michigan facility and finished and shot them in our paint booth at 2am and then loaded our trailer at 9:00am to drive the 9 hours out to the event.

We had a contest going this weekend and that was to determine which hood we would build for the aftermarket. The choice was a hood that we had a rendering of which is very close to the ZL hood or the hood on the blue car. It looks like the red hood won, but we'll do the count later today or tomorrow.

The spoiler was also pure prototype and because we used a customer's V6 car to show, we simply taped the spoiler on to give you an idea of what was coming down the line. The spoiler is identical to the ZL575 spoiler with the exception that the spoiler extends over the body whereas the ZL spoiler stops at the trunk lid. The fit and finish will be first class, same fit and finish as what's on our Red ZL car. The production spoiler will be a light ABS part and the price will be $299.95.

As for the the RS and SS grille emblems. The parts were SLA (Rapid Prototype Parts) and the finished product will blend with the factory grille. The emblems are Unique to SLP as we've had several months of licensing agreements to finish with GM to be able to make them available. They are an official GM licensed product.

We are finishing up the tooling on many of the products and as production pieces are brought to me I will continue to show them to you and add them to the vehicles that we bring to shows. Although many of you have complained about fit/finish in the photographs, I would much rather go out to an event with a prototype item to gain feedback on potential product than to have had spent several thousands of dollars and have a product that you do not like.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #91
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post
Thanks for the feedback folks. Just to reiterate, one thing I made perfectly clear to anyone taking a look at the blue car - all items except for the wheels were pure prototype.

In fact, we overnighted the hood and spoiler from our Michigan facility and finished and shot them in our paint booth at 2am and then loaded our trailer at 9:00am to drive the 9 hours out to the event.

We had a contest going this weekend and that was to determine which hood we would build for the aftermarket. The choice was a hood that we had a rendering of which is very close to the ZL hood or the hood on the blue car. It looks like the red hood won, but we'll do the count later today or tomorrow.

The spoiler was also pure prototype and because we used a customer's V6 car to show, we simply taped the spoiler on to give you an idea of what was coming down the line. The spoiler is identical to the ZL575 spoiler with the exception that the spoiler extends over the body whereas the ZL spoiler stops at the trunk lid. The fit and finish will be first class, same fit and finish as what's on our Red ZL car. The production spoiler will be a light ABS part and the price will be $299.95.

As for the the RS and SS grille emblems. The parts were SLA (Rapid Prototype Parts) and the finished product will blend with the factory grille. The emblems are Unique to SLP as we've had several months of licensing agreements to finish with GM to be able to make them available. They are an official GM licensed product.

We are finishing up the tooling on many of the products and as production pieces are brought to me I will continue to show them to you and add them to the vehicles that we bring to shows. Although many of you have complained about fit/finish in the photographs, I would much rather go out to an event with a prototype item to gain feedback on potential product than to have had spent several thousands of dollars and have a product that you do not like.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
Is it an illusion that this spoiler looks a little taller than the ZL575? Then again, it's only in that one pic where it looks taller.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #92
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I like the looks of the spoiler but as nUcLeArEnVoY said previously it seems to tilt back a little too far and is a little wider than I had anticipated it being but that being said I still like it. As far as the hood goes I'm not really sold when compared to SSRevolutions hood, I'd also like to see it on an SS to see how it looks with the mail slot. And as far as the rims go they are OK but I'll take the stock rims and have them powdercoated before I buy a new set.
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #93
SLP Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Is it an illusion that this spoiler looks a little taller than the ZL575? Then again, it's only in that one pic where it looks taller.
It's just an illusion, the spoiler height and contour is the same as the ZL spoiler.

-Dave @ Team SLP
Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #94
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post
It's just an illusion, the spoiler height and contour is the same as the ZL spoiler.

-Dave @ Team SLP
That seals the deal for me, then. The ZL575 spoiler extended onto the quarter panels pretty much describes what me and many have wanted. I can't WAIT to see the finished product bolted on.

Thanks again for clearing that up. BTW, are the hockey stick stripes on that car going to be available as a decal from you guys?
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #95
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
I have to say the hood looks strange with the small opening. The red one looks better. The spoiler is nice. I would like to see more work done on spoiler options. The RS looks awful. The letters look out of place just stamped in the middle like that. The wheels are nothing special. They look like painted versions of the stock wheels. I was expecting a more aggresive look.

I agree with the other posts in this thread. If you didn't want the feedback dont post the pictures. You cant post pics and when people tell you they dont like it ask for slack and forgiveness. No one cares if you shipped them the night before or finished them 15 minutes before the photos. Obviously you were hoping the photos go you lots of positive feedback and made people want your product. You post to get opinions, dont hate on those with feedback.

SLP can be the greatest company on earth, however with these products they did not hit a home run (more like a pop up to the pitcher). Keep at it though, the more you try the more likely you are to hit that home run we are all looking for.

I will be watching to see the final spoiler options.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #96
SLP Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
That seals the deal for me, then. The ZL575 spoiler extended onto the quarter panels pretty much describes what me and many have wanted. I can't WAIT to see the finished product bolted on.

Thanks again for clearing that up. BTW, are the hockey stick stripes on that car going to be available as a decal from you guys?

The Hockey Stripes will be available, stay tuned for the colors and pricing.

-Dave @ Team SLP
Old 09-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #97
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Red hood has my vote!!!
Not crazy about the rims.
Spoiler looks sweet! Looks a little higher than the one I just ordered painted from Next Level Performance, but I'll be happy with mine. Your hood and spoiler will be hot items!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #98
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Wow, you have to have a thick skin before posting here. Even with large fonts that they are unfinished prototypes, people complain about the fit and finish.
I understood what you were wanting from us (at least I hope so) and gave what I thought were constructive view points that you were wanting. Do hope that you will continue to show us what is coming down the pike before it is offered. That way we would be better able to get what we want, or to hold off purchasing something that we settled for before we knew what we really liked was three months from being available.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote