Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 11-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #1
alexw
It is the year...

Drives: 2SS RS Rally Yellow
Painted Rally Stripes near SE PA?

Hey everyone,

Looking to get rally stripes painted on. I had a guy via a SEPA5 referral do it 8 years ago and came out pretty good, but he's not answering emails. May have moved on.

So, anyone have suggestions for a paint shop that knows what they are doing, have done this type of work? Won't be exact specs of the stock, so they need to be able to take a bit of direction and modify without winging it. Paint and clear coat afterwards.

South East PA area, I'll drive a bit if they are legit.

Links and/or examples of work if possible, thanks!
alexw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
I don't know about SE PA but I had mine done at the Chevy dealership in Dallas. I gave them the specs, they taped it out, I reviewed and approved, they painted. If it is an internal shop, talk to the manager and see if they can do what you want.
Attached Images

Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #3
alexw
It is the year...

Thanks. Those look good. Looking to do extended rally like yours, but with the rounded taper. Bumblebee stripes basically. Little trickier than stopping at the hood line.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexw View Post
Thanks. Those look good. Looking to do extended rally like yours, but with the rounded taper. Bumblebee stripes basically. Little trickier than stopping at the hood line.

Mine are the same as 69 Z/28. It is difficult to see from the first photo but it does curve at both the front and rear windows.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
alexw
It is the year...

Ahh nice. Yeah I want the reverse. Over the edge of hood by window, and curved down by the front. Trunk going for over the edge by window, and wrap around spoiler like yours. But wider on the trunk than stock.

Very similar to this, but with a tad more rounding on the outer curves down on the fascia.

Also, did you get yours done in Dallas TX, or Dallas PA (yes there is one)? .

Old 11-09-2020, 11:12 AM   #6
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
How about vinyl stripes? Mine have been on my SS for 11 years and still look like new. Also easy to replace if something happens to them.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:37 PM   #7
alexw
It is the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
How about vinyl stripes? Mine have been on my SS for 11 years and still look like new. Also easy to replace if something happens to them.
Hey man, long time no see.

Considering it, but I had an aftermarket set a while back and they didn't hold up. Swirls and scratches, some loss of shine, etc. Just looked beat after a while. Vinyl plus install will be 2-300, and painted stripes + clear average 800-1k. And if I have to do stripes twice in 10 years, then it's close.

So yeah, want to talk with some local shops and get quotes, see what can be done before I decide.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:12 PM   #8
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Tape is very flexible. A good paint guy can make any shape. Mine was done in The Big D.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
sscamaro

Quote:
Hey man, long time no see.

Considering it, but I had an aftermarket set a while back and they didn't hold up. Swirls and scratches, some loss of shine, etc. Just looked beat after a while. Vinyl plus install will be 2-300, and painted stripes + clear average 800-1k. And if I have to do stripes twice in 10 years, then it's close.

So yeah, want to talk with some local shops and get quotes, see what can be done before I decide.
I had mine done at Auto Graphics in Manheim. The owner Bill Yeager did mine. He is a perfectionist with doing vinyl stripes. When I polish the car, I also polish the stripes. They have held up for 11 years. One thing about vinyl is if something happens to any part of it, it can be replaced.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #10
alexw
It is the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I had mine done at Auto Graphics in Manheim. The owner Bill Yeager did mine. He is a perfectionist with doing vinyl stripes. When I polish the car, I also polish the stripes. They have held up for 11 years. One thing about vinyl is if something happens to any part of it, it can be replaced.
Thanks man. I will look them up and maybe give them a call about it.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #11
sscamaro

Quote:
Thanks man. I will look them up and maybe give them a call about it.
You won't be sorry, if you choose him.