Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #323
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I mean, come on, this is a mass produced vehicle, it's not handcrafted (except the motor).

BTW, GM stock is up 1.51%, not sure if anything to do with an incredibly affordable Ferrari killer being revealed
Old 07-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #324
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
To me, it mainly looks like a mid-engined C7. Not sure how you could love the styling of the C7 and then go on to hate this. I've never quite liked the looks of the C7 (its not bad, just a bit too busy) so I'm not in love with this. But again, that doesn't make it an abomination that deserves to cleansed from the earth as swiftly and as brutally as possible.
This ^ It looks like an evolution of C7 styling.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #325
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
less than what...C7?
Sorry.

Less than a Camaro Coupe.

It's losing that 2" of hip room that has me concerned.
No way I fit in a C7. The C8 has hope.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #326
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
RIP Chevrolet Corvette.

This thing is an eyesore and an embarrassment. The Italians, Germans and Europeans in general are laughing their asses off at this poor attempt of copy of a REAL mid engine sports car.

There’s nothing unique about it. The front end looks like a Ferrari, the ass end looks like a Camaro , the sides look like an Aventador, and the top slopes like an R8. The cockpit is for horse jockeys...really.

Performance...old people don’t drive fast.....lol....but enthusiastic people will enjoy it.

And if it’s really gonna be $60,000....you’re gonna get a $60,000 car. I wouldn’t be excited about that. Like any new car...especially an attempt at a mid-engine sports car (Screen shot this so you can prove me wrong)...but this car...it’s gonna have problems out the ass.

There is absolutely nothing special about this car folks.
A. Appearance is subjective, so we'll leave that one alone.

B. Not every Corvette owner is a 70 year old man that owns a dozen pairs of white penny loafers and pulls his pants up so high that he has to cut arm holes in them. I'm in my 30's.

C. Price doesn't always dictate quality or performance. IMHO, the aluminum and carbon fiber interior looks sharp and classy. As far as performance, I'll gladly take a car that is a fraction of the price and compete with the big boys. Just look at how the C7 ZR1 toasted the ~$500k Ford GT at VIR. The Corvette has always been a sports car/super car (ZR1) on a budget. Those are true bragging rights for GM when you can hang with cars that cost 3-4 times as much.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #327
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I’m happy everyone likes it and I hope it does well. I’m still and American and I wanna whup some Italian ass. (Even though my Camaro was made in Canada ). By god I wanna see it on the race circuit burning alcohol instead of drag racing. 1.8 second pit stops. 225 mph, you want a Corvette..give me a motherfu*king corvette then.

(Which they will of course)
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #328
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
A. Appearance is subjective, so we'll leave that one alone.

B. Not every Corvette owner is a 70 year old man that owns a dozen pairs of white penny loafers and pulls his pants up so high that he has to cut arm holes in them. I'm in my 30's.

C. Price doesn't always dictate quality or performance. IMHO, the aluminum and carbon fiber interior looks sharp and classy. As far as performance, I'll gladly take a car that is a fraction of the price and compete with the big boys. Just look at how the C7 ZR1 toasted the ~$500k Ford GT at VIR. The Corvette has always been a sports car/super car (ZR1) on a budget. Those are true bragging rights for GM when you can hang with cars that cost 3-4 times as much.
On the age thing, it feels like they are pushing for younger buyers with the C8 (and to a lesser extent, the C7). If they can attract a new generation of buyers ... so what if it doesn't appeal to the septuagenarians anymore? Probably a lot healthier for Corvette to have people under 40 wanting to buy the car than those over 70.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #329
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
for what it's worth my dad is in his 70s and he said "it looks good"
Old 07-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #330
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
All we have is a 0-60 statement.

Any confirmation of performance potential or any numbers? Road course or strip?

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #331
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
On the age thing, it feels like they are pushing for younger buyers with the C8 (and to a lesser extent, the C7). If they can attract a new generation of buyers ... so what if it doesn't appeal to the septuagenarians anymore?
I completely agree. Like several generations in my family, I've always been a GM guy. With that being said, I never truly cared for the Corvette. It was just never my cup of tea. That was until I saw the C7. It kept true to its roots, but with a futuristic twist. When they finally unveiled the Grand Sport, I had to have one.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #332
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The $60k figure isn't necessarily a reflection of quality. I see it more as a testament to GM's manufacturing capabilities. The European makes don't have the mass-production capacity Bowling Green offers. To be fair, they likely don't see that as a bad thing, but for Corvette affordability is a key factor.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #333
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I completely agree. Like several generations in my family, I've always been a GM guy. With that being said, I never truly cared for the Corvette. It was just never my cup of tea. That was until I saw the C7. It kept true to its roots, but with a futuristic twist. When they finally unveiled the Grand Sport, I had to have one.
That’s more my feelings. C7 was just one sexy bitch...
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:46 PM   #334
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
The $60k figure isn't necessarily a reflection of quality. I see it more as a testament to GM's manufacturing capabilities. The European makes don't have the mass-production capacity Bowling Green offers. To be fair, they likely don't see that as a bad thing, but for Corvette affordability is a key factor.
Oh sure they do. VW owns Lambo and Audi. Fiat owned Ferrari for ages. If they ever wanted to build in volume, they could do so with ease.

They don't because then it dilutes the brand. Production is carefully managed so that its a bit behind the demand. For the luxury exotic market, a big part of what they're selling is exclusivity. If everyone has one, the car is no longer special which, ironically, reduces demand. This is also why Ford can charge hundreds of thousands for the GT: there just aren't many of them and its a privilege bestowed up you by Ford () to actually get one.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #335
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
They usually are for a mid-rear engined car. They normally carry 40% or less of the overall weight, so sticking big tires out front doesn't do much.

It varies. I think normally the curb weight is around 200 pounds more than the dry weight for a car.
Tires - makes sense

weight - so is a 3566 Curb Weight a good spec for this type of car or no (and that's why the published dry for now)? I mean, is there any legit reason why they don't know curb at this point?
Old 07-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #336
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
to add on to DG's point I think it was Lambo that just came out and said they are going to start capping production to protect the brand
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote