Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2019, 11:07 AM   #15
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you know if the car is a 2SS/RS?
There are no stupid questions, but really you should know this before contemplating a $20,000 plus purchase.

In 2010, a 2SS had leather seats and console gages. The RS appearance package added halo lights, darker taillight lenses, body color gutter rails, and a smokey silver vs bright silver paint on the wheels. The downside of RS was that the "fog lights" were DRLs only and could not actually be turned on as fog lights. For that one reason, my 2SS is a non-RS.

Maybe the 1SS also didn't have the better stereo, but I don't recall for sure.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #16
Bowtie Jim

Drives: Two 2018 Silverado's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Custom_Painted View Post
I've got a great 2010 for sale at 20k. Message me for pics and details if you like.
Garage kept and covered, 18k miles, beautiful 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS. The car is in perfect condition, stored winters, never even driven in the rain and not a single scratch or ding on it. The exterior has custom Red Jewel stripes painted on, covered by an entire body clear coat, cut and buff for a stunning deep, glass like finish - and YES, you really do have to see it to appreciate the finish. Lexani 9X20" (front) and 10X20" (rear) wheels with Mickey Thompson StreetComp tires. Blacked out taillight bezels, airbrushed 'Super Sport' logo on the hood, black chrome fuel door, and more. Under the hood the factory 6.2 litre V8 has enhanced horsepower with the addition of an Edelbrock EForce Supercharger, RotoFab intake, StainlessWorks headers, Heartthrob X-Pipe, Elite catch-can, JRE upgraded fuel rails and pump, MSD plug wires, and a few light cosmetic touches. The suspension has been upgraded, front and rear, including 1000ph Driveshaft Shop axles, Pedders & BMR performance bushings, sway bars, toe links, trailing arms, Hotchkis strut tower brace, Carbotech performance brake pads, and more. Interior includes the add of AutoMeter Air/Fuel, Boost, and Fuel Pressure gauges. This car is both an excellent, loaded, comfortable cruiser and high performance thriller.
Let's see some pictures of it.
Sounds like a killer deal
Bowtie Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #17
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Jim View Post
Let's see some pictures of it.
Sounds like a killer deal
Taken with cell phone, so not the best res..
Attached Images

Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
IMO, that's probably a little high to pay for that car. Mileage does play into the decision so it could be closer to $20k, but definitely do NOT buy the extended warranty. Extended warranties are a waste and these cars have been overall rock solid.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:56 PM   #19
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I sold my 2010 2RS/SS with 9500 miles last February for $21K. I felt it was time to let go of her before the price fell below 20K., and besides she was a garage queen. The person that brought the car was from Norway and he paid a lot of money to have the car shipped and payed high import taxes.

I did enjoy the Camaro, but common sense kicked in, so I sold her and now drive my 1955 Chevy Bel Aire more than ever.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #20
chipper44

Drives: 2013 2SSRS
I just went through the same thing you are contemplating. I bought a 2013 2SS/RS with 850 miles for $26k. Every available option. Some people on here said it was a steal while others said it was overpriced. I absolutely love the car and have no regrets. Value is subjective, if you want it and feel comfortable with the price, pull the trigger and dont look back.
chipper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:10 PM   #21
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymandm View Post
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you know if the car is a 2SS/RS?

Look at the RPO codes in the trunk. RS is WRS.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #22
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Look at the RPO codes in the trunk. RS is WRS.
This is the ONLY 100% way to tell if your car is an RS.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #23
JLBIII

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
White SS badge for plain coupe, red SS badge for RS option if it's still factory badged
JLBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #24
Bowtie Jim

Drives: Two 2018 Silverado's
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper44 View Post
I just went through the same thing you are contemplating. I bought a 2013 2SS/RS with 850 miles for $26k. Every available option. Some people on here said it was a steal while others said it was overpriced. I absolutely love the car and have no regrets. Value is subjective, if you want it and feel comfortable with the price, pull the trigger and dont look back.
I think you got a good deal.
850 miles is brand new. Plus it's loaded.
Bowtie Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #25
meadowz06

Drives: none
Just bought a 2010 2SS with 10,400 miles. Don’t pay 22k, that’s all I’ll say. I love the car!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #26
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
The thing about the extended warranty is what happens if you happen to get one with problems, without the warranty unless you have the money to fix it, you're stuck. I'll always get the extended warranty especially because with all the electronics on the cars today. Just my thought.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:28 PM   #27
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
The thing about the extended warranty is what happens if you happen to get one with problems, without the warranty unless you have the money to fix it, you're stuck. I'll always get the extended warranty especially because with all the electronics on the cars today. Just my thought.
If you would budget for repairs you'd be far better off than paying for the extended warranty. Approximately 60% off the cost of an extended warranty is pure profit for the warranty company. After the cost of advertising, paying people to sell the warranty, research into how much to charge, etc the amount the warranty companies spend per car is approximately 10% off the overall cost of the warranty. Sure there's exceptions to this, but on average (which means some cost less) it is about 10% of the warranty cost. I'll save the extended warranty money and spend it on mods.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #28
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
If you would budget for repairs you'd be far better off than paying for the extended warranty. Approximately 60% off the cost of an extended warranty is pure profit for the warranty company. After the cost of advertising, paying people to sell the warranty, research into how much to charge, etc the amount the warranty companies spend per car is approximately 10% off the overall cost of the warranty. Sure there's exceptions to this, but on average (which means some cost less) it is about 10% of the warranty cost. I'll save the extended warranty money and spend it on mods.
Exactly! Especially in cars like these that have a solid reputation of reliability.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote