Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #57
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
I'm keeping mine forever. But, I'm going to do what I want to the car and not worried about how much money I'll get for it one day. Our 68' has more money in it that we could have bought 2 new camaros. And we know we won't get the money back and don't care we enjoy it and that's all that matters.
Screaminz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #58
ArtfulDodger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 BLK/BLK,
I'm currently planning on keeping it stock for as long as I can. But once the mod bug bites, all bets may be off
Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #59
sheramievpharmd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss auto SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renslipevol View Post
How many of you plan to never get rid of your Camaro? I plan on keeping it as long as I plan on being on this earth, and handing down someday.

I've been wondering how some of you can start pulling interior apart, splicing wires, cutting holes in dashes.... etc. Like my 69 SS/RS, people wanna see them stock.

I can live without the "finished" ambient lights until GM come up with a final design. I only plan on maybe changing the intake and exhaust and that is it.
I'm oldschool I guess, I like it the way it was made by King GM.

I am in no way flogging the way people are making a Camaro their own, I like being different, thats why I got the ground effects on my Orange camaro on the car, not painted.
I am staying factory also...except for a few cosmetic details that can be removed without damage
sheramievpharmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #60
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
I'm keeping mine until I die. No mods except I did paint on the stripes but kept the decals so could put it back to original. Has the early order code, GM Performance group plate and I've preserved the window sticker, build sheets and everything I could save.

Once I pay it off I'll get another one to mod for racing. Had mine since May of '09 and has less than 3,000 miles on it. More than I intended for the first summer but that 426 is hard to keep in the garage all the time!

Even thinking about buying additional floor mats to keep prestine.

Plan to enjoy it and preserve it at the same time. Why mess with perfection. If this was a 2011 it would be different. Besides, the way everyone else is using up their 2010s, I'm banking it might be fairly rare in 20 years.
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #61
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
I'll have mine probably for 11 years (oldest boy turns 16) and only thing I'll do to it is CAI and muffler delete performance wise....visual wise I plan to get the factory GFX and will eventually have the stripes painted on.....now I just need to find another Camaro for my 3yo to get when he turns 16
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:46 AM   #62
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renslipevol View Post
How many of you plan to never get rid of your Camaro? I plan on keeping it as long as I plan on being on this earth, and handing down someday.

I've been wondering how some of you can start pulling interior apart, splicing wires, cutting holes in dashes.... etc. Like my 69 SS/RS, people wanna see them stock.

I can live without the "finished" ambient lights until GM come up with a final design. I only plan on maybe changing the intake and exhaust and that is it.
I'm oldschool I guess, I like it the way it was made by King GM.

I am in no way flogging the way people are making a Camaro their own, I like being different, thats why I got the ground effects on my Orange camaro on the car, not painted.
I'm like you, it will stay as stock as possible, except the exhaust is being replaced this spring. I have the need for more of the "60's muscle car sound.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #63
Walker6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Send a message via MSN to Walker6 Send a message via Yahoo to Walker6
I should have mine within the next week and who knows, stock or mods? Hmmm, time will tell. I do plan to keep the car and will to my son, since that's when I told him he could drive it. The boy gets speeding tickets in 4 cylinders, I can only imagine the trouble he would find in this car.
Walker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #64
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Honestly I have no idea. Time seems to be passing so fast and bringing changes/events I couldn't believe just a few short years ago. When I get my Camaro I plan on keeping it until I get married. At that point I might keep it for a secondary car because at that point I will need something that rides higher, has AWD, and has more room. I will be on my own and I won't have my parents AWD vehicles to fall back on when I need them. I will probably end up keeping the Camaro until I can afford something faster, which will probably be a decade or two down the road. If I could afford a V8 I could see keeping this car into old age.

As for mods nothing really in the beginning. Once I get the car paid off I might drop some coin to make it faster, I am really obsessed with getting the 0-60 time down to 5.5 seconds. However I am only 23, everything I stated is based on speculation due to a constantly changing future.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #65
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
...define stock.

Well, I have the stock roof panel...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #66
talltom

Drives: Silver LS
kinda like to have one of each.

Silver LS - manual, white stripes, black interior, and those swell 18" black steelies! (18" Bavarian aluminum in the garage).
talltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #67
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I am keeping mine as long as I am breathing. I was a sworn stocker, but I wouldn't mind a cold air intake, then there is that heritage grill and those big cans just in front of the exhaust tips may have to go. And if I win the lottery long tube headers and a supercharger.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #68
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Vanessa is gonna stay stock. And as long as I can control it, she'll never leave my side!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #69
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
STOCK OR NOT!

I had the car for 3 weeks only this Monday! I tinted the windows within 48 hours of ownership. I have a spoiler being delivered Monday along with a exhaust system on orderI sure got a head start
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #70
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My baby will stay with me forever.

I too like the way it was made. That's why I purchased it
I've done very few changes.
Tint and blacked out side markers and front blinkers (easily removed).
Oh, and blacked out the bowtie. Gold on silver just looks terrible (IMO).
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote