Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-14-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Mystery Car Reveal

I have showed you people the mystery car, and it is here that I reveal it in the pictures below.

It is a 2012 Ford Taurus SHO, which is again black like the Camaro which I sold to my girlfriend's brother the other day. I just bought the Taurus earlier today, and so far, I am loving it! I love the amount of room it has and that I can have more versatility, like split folding rear seats, a 20 cubic foot trunk which the Camaro only had a 9 cubic foot trunk. I can seat 5 people comfortably, which I could only seat 4 uncomfortably. The reason why I sold the Camaro was that I needed more room, the Camaro had no people space in the rear, nor cargo space, and that's what the Taurus does have. I chose the Taurus because it has plenty of fun in it, which a car like a Nissan Maxima does have somewhat, I wanted an actual transmission, which the Maxima had a CVT. Even though I went from a V8 to a twin turbo V6, rear wheel drive to all wheel drive, 455 horsepower to 365, a coupe to a sedan, big changes. I do somewhat miss the stick shift, but I seem to like the automatic better.

The Taurus is in either ebony black or tuxedo black, I can't tell the difference. It has a black leather and alcantara/suede interior, with three stage heated and air conditioned front seats and two stage heated rear seats. It also has push button start, and a navigation system, and also includes a power sunroof and 20" wheels. I looked up the options it has and the Taurus I have is equipped with the 402A package and SHO Performance Package which unfortunately removes the spare tire and gives you a fix a flat kit.

Unfortunately also, my Camaro, which is no longer mine and belongs to my girlfriend's brother, had quad exhaust while my Taurus has dual exhaust. Guess I'll get used to that.
Attached Images

Cars owned:

-2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 6-speed (Jan 2016-present time)
-2012 Ford Taurus SHO 6-speed AUTOMATIC, NOT MANUAL LIKE THE CAMARO (July 2016-August 2017)
-2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (December 2017-present time)

Last edited by EricTheCamaroGuy; 07-14-2016 at 06:24 PM.
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Enjoy your new ride!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
EricTheCamaroGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Enjoy your new ride!
I am so far! It's really fun to drive.

Cars owned:

-2012 Ford Taurus SHO 6-speed AUTOMATIC, NOT MANUAL LIKE THE CAMARO (July 2016-August 2017)
Old 07-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #4
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I'm scratching my head on this one. So, when you bought the Camaro ~6 months ago, none of your gripes were even a concern? Small back seat, no trunk space, etc.. Was it an impulse buy? Were you pressured into it? Please expound.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:46 AM   #5
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Only thing it needs is to be lowered. That was my only gripe with the Taurus SHO, they sit to high especially in the rear.

Enjoy the new ride!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #6
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I'm scratching my head on this one. So, when you bought the Camaro ~6 months ago, none of your gripes were even a concern? Small back seat, no trunk space, etc.. Was it an impulse buy? Were you pressured into it? Please expound.
I knew a guy who changed cars like underwear. He once had one of those BMW roasters I forget what they're called Z3? Anyway he only had it for a few months and went to a honda sedan. I asked about the BMW and he listed some negatives. I said so you didn't like it? He said no I loved it, it was great.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
I dont want to be mean but... You are tell us this why??? This is a Camaro fourm not a Ford Tarus forum!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #8
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
I dont want to be mean but... You are tell us this why??? This is a Camaro fourm not a Ford Tarus forum!
Some of us are not brand loyalists and think all performance variants of cars are cool. Also this is the other cars section.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #9
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Pretty sure the OP just wants attention.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #10
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
Pretty sure the OP just wants attention.
I mean, if he's happy, good for him. Simply put, there is just no correlation between the two vehicles. Every negative he mentioned about the Camaro screams exactly what a pony car actually is (small back seat, limited trunk space, etc.). He knew what to expect when he made the purchase just a few, short months ago.

I also didn't know much about the newer SHO's so I looked them up. The 2012 was the last year of a dated style. 2013 saw a much needed, complete redesign.

When tested, Motor Trend said the 2012 was mediocre at best.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/taurus/2012/

I see Koon's, the dealer he dealt with, has another SHO. This one is a 2014 ($27,500 w/ 21k miles on it).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Taurus-...m=302003159671 He obviously paid less than this, considering the 2012 is the old body style. Perhaps he couldn't pay the note and needed to dump the Camaro? I'm sure the Camaro booked for nearly twice what the 4 year old SHO did. Again, if he's happy, that's cool.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
EricTheCamaroGuy

Quote:
I don't really have a good answer to that. At around late June I decided I wanted to be able to carry around more stuff and people, and still enjoy driving, and the Taurus SHO fit that bill.

Cars owned:

Old 07-15-2016, 01:33 PM   #12
EricTheCamaroGuy

Quote:
I mean, if he's happy, good for him. Simply put, there is just no correlation between the two vehicles. Every negative he mentioned about the Camaro screams exactly what a pony car actually is (small back seat, limited trunk space, etc.). He knew what to expect when he made the purchase just a few, short months ago.

I also didn't know much about the newer SHO's so I looked them up. The 2012 was the last year of a dated style. 2013 saw a much needed, complete redesign.

When tested, Motor Trend said the 2012 was mediocre at best.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/taurus/2012/

I see Koon's, the dealer he dealt with, has another SHO. This one is a 2014 ($27,500 w/ 21k miles on it).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Taurus-...m=302003159671 He obviously paid less than this, considering the 2012 is the old body style. Perhaps he couldn't pay the note and needed to dump the Camaro? I'm sure the Camaro booked for nearly twice what the 4 year old SHO did. Again, if he's happy, that's cool.
I think the newer Taurus over in China should be brought over to America. I did see the listing of the '14 Taurus on ebay, it pretty much has less than 10K miles than my car. I can expect the lack of rear seat space and trunk space from a muscle car, but the Camaro was the WORST. The rear seat room of the Mustang and Challenger are a lot better, and the two have more trunk space. I did look at Dodge Chargers and Pontiac G8 GXPs before I decided on the Taurus SHO. The Camaro did cost way more than the SHO, like twice as much I guess. Maybe in the future, once Chevy comes out with a new Camaro that's bigger, but not as big as the Taurus, I might get it, but I'm sticking with the Taurus now that I've had it since yesterday.

Cars owned:

Old 07-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #13
EricTheCamaroGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Just as a note, I will still see the Camaro ON OCCASION, but I don't own it anymore. Get used to it!

Cars owned:

Old 07-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheCamaroGuy View Post
I think the newer Taurus over in China should be brought over to America. I did see the listing of the '14 Taurus on ebay, it pretty much has less than 10K miles than my car. I can expect the lack of rear seat space and trunk space from a muscle car, but the Camaro was the WORST. The rear seat room of the Mustang and Challenger are a lot better, and the two have more trunk space. I did look at Dodge Chargers and Pontiac G8 GXPs before I decided on the Taurus SHO. The Camaro did cost way more than the SHO, like twice as much I guess. Maybe in the future, once Chevy comes out with a new Camaro that's bigger, but not as big as the Taurus, I might get it, but I'm sticking with the Taurus now that I've had it since yesterday.
...Camaros aren't supposed to be big though. They're really meant to be personal sports cars that can carry 4 people in a pinch if you really need to.