Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #99
Zee-Ell-One
YOOZ GOTA B FREKN KIDN ME

Drives: 2013 6mt ZL1#826
Do you own a shotgun? LOL! I have a nice Mossburg 930 SPX. It makes me feel better when I go shoot it. At the range of course.
Zee-Ell-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:27 AM   #100
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Sorry to hear about this. Would like to see GM Customer Service step up to the plate. I am in the auto business and don't see them doing a buy back unless you get a lawyer. You can ask for it all day long but you most likely will not get it. In some states your attorneys fees are paid by the manufacturer if the judge decides the vehicle is a lemon.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #101
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
*awaits for brandon to post*

/facepalm

That sucks man. My old car was in the shop a total of six times within a few months (one time i had to take it back 2x within 30 mins because they didn't fix it correctly. Finally got it repurchased through GM. My dealer actually helped me out with that and was on my side.

Good Luck.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #102
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
The problem I have with tranny, diff, and now maybe engine being replaced is the car will not be a "number matching" car anymore. For some, that is a huge issue later on.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #103
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Your situation sucks I have been through something like it mine was paint issues not mechanical I ended up filing a claim for the Lemon Law in the end GM bought back the car.

Realistically nothing GM will do until you hit the magic number #4 or the 30 days total in the shop. It could be that yes the motor and trans needs to be pulled let them replace it if you still have problems after that you will be at your magic number you need to begin the Lemon Law process. I am sure it’s not what you want to hear but you have two choices let them try to fix it or get rid of the car and buy something else or another one.

You need to follow the process like everyone else don't even waste your $$$ on legal advice until you hit the magic Lemon Law number for your state. It does not matter if you have a $10k car or a $100k car the Lemon Law applies to everyone. I see nothing wrong if GM has them replace say the engine and Trans and the issue is resolved the problem is fixed this is where you live with it or you move to something else GM does not owe you a new ZL1 and they have no obligation to give you a new ZL1 in exchange for yours that had an issue that is fixed.

When I did the lemon law it was back in 1992 my Z/28 had acid rain etched in the paint (this is when the cars were produced in So Cal) the car was fully repainted 3 times and spot painted over a dozen times. From start to finish the Lemon law process took just over a year in the end GM bought back my 1992 Z/28 ($16,500) and replaced it with a 1994 Z/28 ($22,850) I did not have to pay the difference.

Good luck
Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #104
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
The problem I have with tranny, diff, and now maybe engine being replaced is the car will not be a "number matching" car anymore. For some, that is a huge issue later on.
This falls into the category of sorry about your luck the engine, trans, diff, ect... will still be a GM ZL1 part replace with a GM ZL1 part sure it will not be the one that was put in when the car was built but the same thing could be say you were in an accident and they had to replace some parts, or you modded your car and you blew the tranny. This is where you have your choice sell it and move on or but it for something different.

As I stated in my post above the owner will need to let the dealership/GM attempt to fix it under the law if they fail and he reaches the magic number he then can start the lemon law process so he can get his ZL1 replaced but until then he has to wait and see just like everyone else I am not trying to be an asshole but just because he has a ZL1 does not mean he should get special treatment I just love reading the crap people post “Demand GM replace it now”, “Get a Lawyer”, “GM Should step up and replace the car”, ect…. Let’s get real this is what we have the Lemon Law process let it run its course like I stated a lawyer can’t do jack until you hit that magic number and even then getting a lawyer is pissing your money away the process is rather easy to do on your own.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #105
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInside View Post
*awaits for brandon to post*

/facepalm

Good Luck.
Brandon already posted. He congratulated the OP on his ZL-1 purchase. lol. Talk about a kick in the ribs while you're down. Scroll back a few pages. You'll see it.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #106
AMCBimmer

Drives: 2002 BMW M5
Agreed you only hire a lawyer if Chevrolet doesn't step up when it falls under Lemon Law. From what I see and I deal with a lot of buy backs is in some states the manufacturer is required to pay all legal bills if it goes to court. Most courts side with the consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
This falls into the category of sorry about your luck the engine, trans, diff, ect... will still be a GM ZL1 part replace with a GM ZL1 part sure it will not be the one that was put in when the car was built but the same thing could be say you were in an accident and they had to replace some parts, or you modded your car and you blew the tranny. This is where you have your choice sell it and move on or but it for something different.

As I stated in my post above the owner will need to let the dealership/GM attempt to fix it under the law if they fail and he reaches the magic number he then can start the lemon law process so he can get his ZL1 replaced but until then he has to wait and see just like everyone else I am not trying to be an asshole but just because he has a ZL1 does not mean he should get special treatment I just love reading the crap people post “Demand GM replace it now”, “Get a Lawyer”, “GM Should step up and replace the car”, ect…. Let’s get real this is what we have the Lemon Law process let it run its course like I stated a lawyer can’t do jack until you hit that magic number and even then getting a lawyer is pissing your money away the process is rather easy to do on your own.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #107
BlackieRay

Drives: 2002 WS6
This is typical of early production cars. I had an early production 1993 Trans Am that was delivered without door light bulbs and window retainers.

The leakage problem should be looked into further. It looks like the main seal should be replaced too. I wouldn't get too discouraged just yet. If some guy on the line didn't fasten a couple of bolts properly it doesn't mean all ZL1s will be affected. Still there is cause for concern and a need to go back to the line and double check things.

If anyone else has this problem they should post.
BlackieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #108
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Glad you agree with me! Later on the cars with non matching numbers that have been considered in accidents have much less value placed on them!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #109
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canopieman View Post
I made it 1271 miles without the check engine light! Onstar diagnosed problem air bags traction fail and exaust not working properly! I know it is not as bad as yours but I feel you. Good Luck
If you could please send me your VIN, I can check to see if there are any open recalls or programs available to you. Also have you gotten this checked out by your dealership yet? Please let me know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #110
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
Brandon already posted. He congratulated the OP on his ZL-1 purchase. lol. Talk about a kick in the ribs while you're down. Scroll back a few pages. You'll see it.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #111
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
I'm very impressed on how well the service department is handling this.

They seem like a very impressive GM dealership. Not many are this professional these days.

Glad they got this resolved.

EDIT: read more.. guess they haven't yet.. which is b/s
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #112
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
I thought the same thing.
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, issue, oil leak, pcv, pos, problem, zl1