Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #85
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
We always try to hold down costs, but you cannot judge anything by its size. I try to estimate costs ahead of time, and sometimes I am high or low. However, when the time something really takes to make, is in our face. It has to be worth our time to bring you guys nice items.
We have various versions of this we are tossing around.
1) solid colored
2) solid stainless
3) filled stainless
4) solid stainless with vinyl stripe added.

Of all of these, number 4 is my least favorite. All of the pieces are laser cut for precision, including the tape of the backside. Also these have to be deburred, cleaned up, and assembled. Then packed up. Plus we have packaging material costs.
A lot of work really for the size of it, and it is hard to work with smaller items.
If you were making it, I am sure you would see it differently. I respect your thoughts, but we have already sold a lot of these for the two days they have been listed.
It's cool man, I will not try to change your mind. However, now I hope you know a little more about what it takes to make these.

Thanks, Roger
Roger, thanks for my emblems. Great job.
p.s. they are red, pic is with phone.
Attached Images

Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #86
PUNKIN
WE KRUZ

Drives: MARGARET CRAZZY
Quote:
We always try to hold down costs, but you cannot judge anything by its size. I try to estimate costs ahead of time, and sometimes I am high or low. However, when the time something really takes to make, is in our face. It has to be worth our time to bring you guys nice items.
1) solid colored
2) solid stainless
3) filled stainless

Of all of these, number 4 is my least favorite. All of the pieces are laser cut for precision, including the tape of the backside. Also these have to be deburred, cleaned up, and assembled. Then packed up. Plus we have packaging material costs.
A lot of work really for the size of it, and it is hard to work with smaller items.
If you were making it, I am sure you would see it differently. I respect your thoughts, but we have already sold a lot of these for the two days they have been listed.
It's cool man, I will not try to change your mind. However, now I hope you know a little more about what it takes to make these.

Thanks, Roger
placed my order yesterday...orderd 1 slash and some other things..I need to order 2 more slashes soon...
WHITE STRIPES
20 INCH POLISHED WHEELS
BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
:5thgenvert:
PUNKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #87
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Here is a picture of our stainless steel etched set.

new engine plaque
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #88
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
1) solid colored
2) solid stainless
3) filled stainless

Thanks, Roger
So, you might have more styles of your "slashes" coming out? Did I understand that correctly? If so, which one will match the factory red SS and/or RS emblems the best? Should I wait, or is the "/" that is currently available the best match??? Thanks for all you guys have done so far. You have some really great products, and I completely understand the costs associated. I'm probably going to order a couple "376" emblems this week. Keep up the great work and awesome communication with us.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #89
dragonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
So, you might have more styles of your "slashes" coming out? Did I understand that correctly? If so, which one will match the factory red SS and/or RS emblems the best? Should I wait, or is the "/" that is currently available the best match??? Thanks for all you guys have done so far. You have some really great products, and I completely understand the costs associated. I'm probably going to order a couple "376" emblems this week. Keep up the great work and awesome communication with us.
The one you want is the stainless slash, with the filled "inserted" center.
The insert can be many colors.

THanks, Roger
Old 10-08-2009, 06:03 AM   #90
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
The one you want is the stainless slash, with the filled "inserted" center.
The insert can be many colors.

THanks, Roger
Okay, but is this the style you are currently offering for sale on your website, or are we still waiting for this one to come out yet? Just want to make sure I am getting the "stainless w/ filled inserted center" as you mentioned above. Thanks.

Keith
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #91
dragonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Okay, but is this the style you are currently offering for sale on your website, or are we still waiting for this one to come out yet? Just want to make sure I am getting the "stainless w/ filled inserted center" as you mentioned above. Thanks.

Keith
When you but it you get to select the center color.
Here is a link.
http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/3336
Old 10-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #92
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmc View Post
That is totally wrong. The first cars were SS/RS. Just like they were Z/28/RS.
Yep. Though, on an SS model, there was no designation of RS...the SS package trumped the RS badging. The RS was a cosmetic option and available on any V8 or 6-cylinder Camaro. On non-SS models, you had "rally sport" emblems on the fenders and "RS" emblems on the grille, fuel-filler cap ('68) or rear tail panel ('69), and steering wheel. There was also some "bright trim" pieces as well (e.g., roof drip rail molding, wheel well moldings, etc.).
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote