Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #29
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
I bet this debate will never cease.

Are there things that could be done better, heavens yes. It is part of the Quality improvement process. Being consumers we have to understand that not everyone has the same tastes or wants.

I can fully appreciate the thoughts of the many who dislike the hard plastics used on many of the interior surfaces. It is one of the reasons that the 2010 Mustang now has soft touch surfaces on their dash.

Whether you think it is important or not it is a subjective opinion. There have been a slew of discussions and posting on this item alone on here.

As far as I am concerned, I can take it or leave it. What is interesting to me is we talk price points and performance, along with the perception of quality. When you look at a $40k car (which is about where the price of a typically optioned SS is) and you compare it to a $25k Malibu, and you wonder why the hard plastics for the car? To me the Malibu has an awesome interior finish to it. Best in class to me at least.

Yeah I know, we are paying for performance. Which is second to none as far as I am concerned. But it is a reality of the wants of the average consumer is a lot more than people imagine.

To me it seems that today's society is a lot more touchy feely than my generation.

Which comes across as a lot of the basis for their comments. Virtually every review I have read takes a shot at the interior plastics. That seems to be the way it is nowadays.

Either way, I love "Rosie", I talk to him every day. He doesn't answer his phone though. Darn it!
Old 11-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #30
bluestang50
Account Suspended

Drives: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOW2SS View Post
HAD a troll, guess he was disposed of
lol not really, just a little mod censorship... i guess the camaro fan boys can't take a little friendly competition

I have driven a 2SS and love it except for that plastic door paneling and dash trim. I understand that chevy's supplier of the interior went bankrupt right before production and they had to slap together another interior. I am just hoping in the next model year or so they make something to replace that shiny plastic.

I am not a ford fan boy as most of you assume from my screen name. I'll name drop a few of my previous vehicles to give you an idea.

2008 Challenger SRT8 (sold to a guy in sweden for 8k over what i payed)
2003 Corvette Z06 with Procharger D1SC supercharger (sold)
2001 Viper RT/10 (sold for 7k profit)
1992 Mustang GT 347 stroker (sold to buy an engagement ring)

My brother also owned a 2000 Camaro SS that i tried to buy off him before he turned it back into the dealer (lease)

Right now I am sporting the most badass american sports car of all time that could leave you all in the dust... a 2009 Jeep Liberty....... I am trying to make my mind up to which of the new beautiful domestics to buy...
bluestang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #31
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremaley View Post
Some people just miss the point. The Camaro was not built as a giant cup holder. If you want a fine leather and teak interior buy a Lexus. The car does exactly what it was built for "smoke the competition"

PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
I bet this debate will never cease.

Are there things that could be done better, heavens yes. It is part of the Quality improvement process. Being consumers we have to understand that not everyone has the same tastes or wants.

I can fully appreciate the thoughts of the many who dislike the hard plastics used on many of the interior surfaces. It is one of the reasons that the 2010 Mustang now has soft touch surfaces on their dash.

Whether you think it is important or not it is a subjective opinion. There have been a slew of discussions and posting on this item alone on here.

As far as I am concerned, I can take it or leave it. What is interesting to me is we talk price points and performance, along with the perception of quality. When you look at a $40k car (which is about where the price of a typically optioned SS is) and you compare it to a $25k Malibu, and you wonder why the hard plastics for the car? To me the Malibu has an awesome interior finish to it. Best in class to me at least.

Yeah I know, we are paying for performance. Which is second to none as far as I am concerned. But it is a reality of the wants of the average consumer is a lot more than people imagine.

To me it seems that today's society is a lot more touchy feely than my generation.

Which comes across as a lot of the basis for their comments. Virtually every review I have read takes a shot at the interior plastics. That seems to be the way it is nowadays.

Either way, I love "Rosie", I talk to him every day. He doesn't answer his phone though. Darn it!
A good point, Greenrail, but I would submit that the "average consumer" isn't going to be a muscle car enthusiast anyway. The "average consumer" wants, hell, I don't know, a KIA or a Camry or something. The Malibu might have a better interior, but it doesn't have the looks and power of the Camaro...and that's why we bought the Camaro.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #33
WS6ADDICT

Drives: 85IROC-94Z-81Z2-2018 Vert 2002 WS6
Ya know, I never paid attention to the interior. I was busy listening to 426 HP (cut the pillow mufflers off day 1) and watching for cops. Did notice some people looking at my ride, but, heck I didn't even slow down to buy a drink to put in the cup holder!!! GREATEST CAR BARGAIN ON THE PLANET!! (No, I don't miss my 165HP 82 Camaro at all. It didn't have a cupholder.......)
WS6ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #34
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestang50 View Post
lol not really, just a little mod censorship... i guess the camaro fan boys can't take a little friendly competition

I have driven a 2SS and love it except for that plastic door paneling and dash trim. I understand that chevy's supplier of the interior went bankrupt right before production and they had to slap together another interior. I am just hoping in the next model year or so they make something to replace that shiny plastic.

I am not a ford fan boy as most of you assume from my screen name. I'll name drop a few of my previous vehicles to give you an idea.

2008 Challenger SRT8 (sold to a guy in sweden for 8k over what i payed)
2003 Corvette Z06 with Procharger D1SC supercharger (sold)
2001 Viper RT/10 (sold for 7k profit)
1992 Mustang GT 347 stroker (sold to buy an engagement ring)

My brother also owned a 2000 Camaro SS that i tried to buy off him before he turned it back into the dealer (lease)

Right now I am sporting the most badass american sports car of all time that could leave you all in the dust... a 2009 Jeep Liberty....... I am trying to make my mind up to which of the new beautiful domestics to buy...
OH contraire! (or however you spell that! )

I'll admit to being a "Camaro fan boy", and I LIKE/ENCOURAGE the competition. The "modding" was in an attempt to discourage any personal attacks between people here. Nothing else.

As its been said, competition is a good thing, as is people expressing opinions on the Camaro. How else can GM improve upon a good thing.

As I said, any deleting, etc., of posts is to make sure things don't get out of hand.

(Oh, and that Jeep Liberty...BADA@@! I know. I used to own one too. )

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #35
inferno orange
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Inferno orange
Name:  IMG_8604.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  83.1 KB

Plastic huh, that is the best "plastic" interior I have seen. Thanks Ed for the great words!!!!!!!!!!!
inferno orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #36
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
A good point, Greenrail, but I would submit that the "average consumer" isn't going to be a muscle car enthusiast anyway. The "average consumer" wants, hell, I don't know, a KIA or a Camry or something. The Malibu might have a better interior, but it doesn't have the looks and power of the Camaro...and that's why we bought the Camaro.

Just my opinion.
I hear ya.

My take is GM would want to get some of those folks as "conquest" buyers.

And yes, I realize the Malibu isn't the same, but for the longevity of the company, it is "SELL SELL SELL" in the marketplace. No matter which car anyone chooses.

I really hope and pray that they get as many Camaros sold as possible. It is one way of securing a future for our beloved Camaro. Not only this generation, but the next one as well.

I hope there are even more to come!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #37
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
I like the interior. Looks modern and sleek and cool. Don't give a damn what they made it out of, especially since the seats are comfy.
Captain Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #38
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
The car is amazing and the emotion you get driving them is almost like an exotic. People will be bitches,,,,,,,and for them they built Mustangs lol.
Actually thats what Toyotas are for.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #39
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Best Camaro ever made, I love everything about it.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #40
ART-2008

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro 6M, 2005 Lotus Elise
I would love to see the people who knock the new Camaro walk around the Barrett-Jackson Auctions. "What! You paid $500,000 for a 1968 L-88 Vette, and it doesn't even have a heater.........like my Toyota." "You bought a 427SC Cobra and it doesn't have roll-up windows and an easy to errect top!"

I am not a long time Camaro booster, I've owned alot of nice cars, but never a Camaro before. This Car may be the best "Bang fo your Buck" deal in history! I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Oh yea,......How many of the $100,000 plus cars sold at Barrett Jackson could really pull a 12.9 quarter mile? On pump gas? With a 3 year warranty?

Regards.........................Art
ART-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #41
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Let me just say i just worked a 17 of 19 days working a lot of over time to pay off this car. Totally worth it. Love it so much would like to buy another one but the wife might have an opinion about that
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #42
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partick
IMO - Chevy got the Camaro right for what is intended to be, a good ol middle class American Muscle car that the masses can afford and enjoy.
x2!!

Like someone else who posted above me, this is my first Camaro, and I couldn't be happier! This car is awesome, inside and out. Are there some things I would change? Sure, nothing is perfect, especially when there are so many people to please. The Camaro gets darn close though!!

Of note, as of Wednesday, we no longer own a 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible. A $36k car, compared to my $28k Camaro, with just as many plastic "issues" and owned by a company whose intitials are BMW. Who would've thunk that? Oh, the car that replaced it? A 2010 Malibu LTZ, and like another posted said, the interior is sweet!! Our newest baby is IBM with cashmere/cocoa leather. The wife is in heaven all the way to work and home, lol. Makes my life easier!