Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #57
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Lose his ass lol. Have u seen the stock LS3 SS 1/4 mile list? The times range 12.5 to 13.0..So ya a bolt on SS would beat a Stock ZL1 IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
What does that have to do with my comment?! I said BOLT FOR BOLT. Who wouldn't think a modded SS could beat a stock ZL1 but I gaurantee u put 15k in an SS and I put 15k in a ZL1 you're gonna lose.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #58
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Not surprised at all.

heres one running 9's with just bolt ons!

C5 still haven't accepted the fact that the '13 GT500 is king at the strip? lmao!!

Isn't that Erick's ZL1 from Torq?
Re: the shelby...who'd a thought turds could fly?
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #59
Transdamm

Drives: BMW 650I
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Not surprised at all.

heres one running 9's with just bolt ons!

C5 still haven't accepted the fact that the '13 GT500 is king at the strip? lmao!!

Isn't that Erick's ZL1 from Torq?
Damn that's nasty.. Gt500 is def keeping my money out of Gm's pocket..
Transdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #60
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
LS1's could pull off high 12s with a lid (sometimes stock) 12+ years ago, color me not impressed
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #61
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
What does that have to do with my comment?! I said BOLT FOR BOLT. Who wouldn't think a modded SS could beat a stock ZL1 but I gaurantee u put 15k in an SS and I put 15k in a ZL1 you're gonna lose.
Well of course it would however that wasn't my point of my response

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #62
evolve

Drives: 03 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
READ before you respond man. I said in overall comparisons not times! You guys are so quick to defend the Gt500 when you really don't have to. It's a GREAT car but that doesn't mean the ZL1 is anything less. I wish I could have both but the Mrs. won't allow it. So I picked the car that better fit me.
Gotcha, so you meant the magazine reviews, not actual data. Just making sure. Not defending any car man, nor am I brand loyal. As a matter of fact, I'm going to test drive a '10 Z06 in about an hour (my wife gave me the to buy one lol)
evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #63
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolve View Post
Gotcha, so you meant the magazine reviews, not actual data. Just making sure. Not defending any car man, nor am I brand loyal. As a matter of fact, I'm going to test drive a '10 Z06 in about an hour (my wife gave me the to buy one lol)
Now that sir is a great car
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #64
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINMUP View Post
No need to yell at us to get your point across....mine is that a modded ZL1 should run better than 12.9....seeing as stock ones can run 12.1-12.4.
The ZL1 WAS STOCK!!!!!
camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #65
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Wait, I thought racing in a straight line was something any moron could do while road racing requires skill? What's does he need to learn?

I hope you get the sarcasm.

I think he's doing just that at Homestead tomorrow, so be careful what you ask for.
I would bet money Erik would smoke that GT500 in Homestead!!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #66
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

That GT500 was in no way stock!!!! i was there and i could have ran that Gt500 he was in the 142-144mph and going high 10s all night and Erik is one of the best Drivers in a camaro today he just never really drag raced before hes a beast at Road racing and auto-x but he is just getting the feel for the drag racing and why are all you guys complaining again? its not like that video is the true test of everything the ZL1 has and on top of the fact it already has more hp than the ZL1, they mod the hell out of it and you still expect a stock ZL1 to win? Common!!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #67
evolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
I would bet money Erik would smoke that GT500 in Homestead!!
Someone was just buying parts from Lethal, so I think you are correct (at least thats what Lethal said)
Old 06-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #68
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Well I thought it might be time for me to post since it was my car and I was driving.

A few facts from the horses mouth (me, although I look a little better than a horse I hope...)
  • My car was BONE stock minus Forgeline wheels. Just the it left the factory floor
  • I have 6 passes in the ZL1 down the 1/4 mile
  • I have maybe 20 passes PERIOD down the 1/4 mile in any car
  • My car made 465rwhp and weighed in at 4211 pounds with gas and me in the car
  • GT500 had tune, O/R X-pipe and has over 100RWHP MORE then I have
  • GT500 had 18" drag radials and skinnies in the front
  • GT500 weighs in about 3998lbs with driver
  • GT500 was driven by a phenomenal drag racer who can bang gears like no one else

These are no excuses, these are simply facts. I wish I would have run a stock pass in the low 12's like magazines are doing, but no matter what, regardless of driver, the car would have never gone faster than low 12's with the temp, DA etc and the car still would have lost.

Compare this to road course which I actually do have "some" experience in. We don't expect owners, beginners etc to drive the Nurburgring in the same time that GM did, or even VIR for that matter. Now if and when I do go, I will for sure be closer to the factory time then I was on the 1/4

Anywho, I will for sure be heading back to get some more practice runs in. Hopefully will make some progress and run some better times

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #69
evolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
That GT500 was in no way stock!!!! i was there and i could have ran that Gt500 he was in the 142-144mph and going high 10s all night and Erik is one of the best Drivers in a camaro today he just never really drag raced before hes a beast at Road racing and auto-x but he is just getting the feel for the drag racing and why are all you guys complaining again? its not like that video is the true test of everything the ZL1 has and on top of the fact it already has more hp than the ZL1, they mod the hell out of it and you still expect a stock ZL1 to win? Common!!
Tune, x pipe, and 125 shot. Tune/x pipe was trapping 130+. All times /traps are with a tire.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #70
evolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Well I thought it might be time for me to post since it was my car and I was driving.

A few facts from the horses mouth (me, although I look a little better than a horse I hope...)
  • My car was BONE stock minus Forgeline wheels. Just the it left the factory floor
  • I have 6 passes in the ZL1 down the 1/4 mile
  • I have maybe 20 passes PERIOD down the 1/4 mile in any car
  • My car made 465rwhp and weighed in at 4211 pounds with gas and me in the car
  • GT500 had tune, O/R X-pipe and has over 100RWHP MORE then I have
  • GT500 weighs in about 3998lbs with driver
  • GT500 was driven by a phenomenal drag racer who can bang gears like no one else

These are no excuses, these are simply facts. I wish I would have run a stock pass in the low 12's like magazines are doing, but no matter what, regardless of driver, the car would have never gone faster than low 12's with the temp, DA etc and the car still would have lost.

Compare this to road course which I actually do have "some" experience in. We don't expect owners, beginners etc to drive the Nurburgring in the same time that GM did, or even VIR for that matter. Now if and when I do go, I will for sure be closer to the factory time then I was on the 1/4

Anywho, I will for sure be heading back to get some more practice runs in. Hopefully will make some progress and run some better times

/Erik
Thanks Erik for clarifying!