Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #15
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
VIN 086 is Southern California, but it is definitely mine and definitely missing while, as you point out, the Knoxville dealer is still trying to sell their allotment on eBay.
Dont feel bad, my #82 has not shipped to the Dealer, And that dealer is in MI.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #16
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksupkt87 View Post
So sold cars with vin numbers 59, 68 and 86 are "missing" in Canada while dealers get non-sold higher vin cars to slap on eBay. Totally unacceptable on Chevrolet's part.
Wouldn't be surprised if those orders were sold orders and people backed out.

We go through this with every new model from every manufacturer. It sucks but chit happens.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #17
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
dang, if it were only closer.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #18
XR80David

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Would you buy a car from this guy?

Whats wrong with him? Looks like a nice guy
XR80David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #19
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if those orders were sold orders and people backed out.

We go through this with every new model from every manufacturer. It sucks but chit happens.
I am 086.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #20
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Chevy has really dropped the ball on communicating with their customers and dealers on this one. They give you a build date and VIN, then it goes into a black hole. And Chevy customer support can only state things like ".....based on the resources available to me, it's awaiting transportation. I don't know anything about Z28's being shipped on trucks." They could have put one person at a desk and made him/her the Z28 concierge. Give the person access to QC and shipping info. Instead, we have high VIN cars showing up on dealer lots/ebay and low VIN cars sitting in Canada. And all my dealer can say is "I'll call you when it get's here".
Old 05-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #21
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleblank View Post
Chevy has really dropped the ball on communicating with their customers and dealers on this one. They give you a build date and VIN, then it goes into a black hole. And Chevy customer support can only state things like ".....based on the resources available to me, it's awaiting transportation. I don't know anything about Z28's being shipped on trucks." They could have put one person at a desk and made him/her the Z28 concierge. Give the person access to QC and shipping info. Instead, we have high VIN cars showing up on dealer lots/ebay and low VIN cars sitting in Canada. And all my dealer can say is "I'll call you when it get's here".
You are absolutely correct. I do not want to lose sight of the fact our cars are shipping by enclosed carrier instead of railcar. I am grateful for that. But having said that, the communication process on Z/28 tracking is ineffective at best. And it does not have to be that way. I would rather know nothing about the status of my car than be invited to use a so-called tracking website that over-promises and under-delivers, or escalate my online chat to the next-tier, "Customer Service" support representative that knows less than I do about the shipping status of my car.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #22
Mikebrinda

Today's dialog . . . .

Mike [10:44 AM]: MS Chevrolet Question
System [10:44 AM]: Connection established.
System [10:44 AM]: Thank you for your patience. We are currently assisting other customers. You will be connected to the next available agent.
System [10:44 AM]: Welcome to Chevrolet
System [10:44 AM]: www.chevrolet.com
System [10:45 AM]: Connecting…A live chat agent is now entering the chat.
System [10:45 AM]: Welcome to chat.
James [10:45 AM]: Hello! Thank you for taking the time to chat in with us today! My name is James, how may I help you?
Mike [10:45 AM]: Could you transfer me over to order tracking person?
James [10:46 AM]: Thank you for your recent order. Just a few moments while I attempt to transfer you to our customer assistance team so that you can get detailed information on your order. Please note: Once you are transferred, you may be put into a queue if they are assisting other customers and they will be with you as soon as possible.
Mike [10:46 AM]: Ok
System [10:47 AM]: Agent Lakeshia enters the call
System [10:47 AM]: Agent James left the call
Mike [10:47 AM]: Can you tell me the status of order?
Lakeshia [10:48 AM]: Welcome to Customer Assistance Chat! My name is Keshia, please allow me a few moments to review the previous information provided.
Lakeshia [10:52 AM]: Thanks for holding. Currently the vehicle is still at the plant in Oshawa, Canada. as of 5/1/14.
Mike [10:52 AM]: How does it go backwards? It was at 4300 "Intermediate delivery" a few days ago?
Lakeshia [10:55 AM]: The status is at 4300- intermediate delivery, however it shows that the vehicle did not leave Oshawa, Canada. Please allow me a few moments to check with the Vehicle Order Management team.
Mike [10:55 AM]: Sure. Thanks much.
Lakeshia [11:01 AM]: Thanks for holding Mike. The Vehicle Order Management team, and they stated the vehicle is going through quality inspection in Oshawa, Ontario. Once this is finished, the vehicle will be placed on a rail cart and head to Mira Loma, CA. He advised that you check back next week to see if the vehicle has began to travel to Mira Loma.
Mike [11:06 AM]: I appreciate your efforts, so don't take this wrong: This car is a Z/28. ALL Z/28s are shipped by enclosed carrier truck. No Z/28's are shipped by rail. I get that this is what you are told, but it is not accurate for Z/28, which is what my order is for, not a regular Camaro. Also, my car was built on April 22, VIN 086. VIN 168 is for sale, unsold, on Ebay this very moment, making it very frustrating that an unsold car has been truck to Knoxville Tennessee, but my car going to Southern California still sits in Canada. My main issue is I can't get the straight story from anybody. My car can't still be sitting for a "quality inspection" a month to the day after it was built, while other cars built after mine have been delivered.
Lakeshia [11:09 AM]: Yes, the vehicle is a Z28 since the vehicle is traveling a bit further, it is safer to have the vehicle travel on a train rail cart. Once the vehicle arrives to Mira Loma, CA, it will then be placed on a Shipping truck that will take the vehicle to the dealership.
Mike [11:12 AM]: Um, again, NO Z/28 goes by rail. None. All go from Canada, all the way to their destination, in an enclosed truck. There is reportedly a shortage of carrier trucks. Also note the code for quality inspection is not the same code as 4300-intermediate delivery. It can't be both waiting for quality inspection, and at the same time be at intermediate delivery, whatever that means.
Lakeshia [11:13 AM]: This is the information that was provided to me from the Vehicle order management team that the vehicle will travel by train.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:01 PM   #23
ksupkt87

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Here is a summary of my actions for today:

1) Contacted Chevrolet via chat, clueless as usual. They finally referred me to the customer service number 800-222-1020.

2) Spoke with phone customer service, clueless as well. Transferred me to Chevy marketing at 800-950-2438.

3) Marketing sent me to another customer group where the individual assured me the car would be there next week by train.

4) That is not correct as we know, so I contact the dealership (they have been great to work with) and they jump on this.

5) Dealership calls their support unit, and after a 10 minute hold are told a large group of Z/28s went out on trucks for delivery but returned to Oshawa. They were now given a "71" case number and told they would be updated every 4 to 5 days.

No end in sight.

Last edited by ksupkt87; 05-22-2014 at 03:27 PM.
ksupkt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #24
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
told a large group of Z/28s went out on trucks for delivery but returned to Oshawa. They were now given a "71" case number and told they would be updated every 4 to 5 days.
WHAT? I'd like to hear a confirmation on that. If so, the backstory must be interesting!

Wowsers!

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #25
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Here is a summary of my actions for today:

1) Contacted Chevrolet via chat, clueless as usual. They finally referred me to the customer service number 800-222-1020.

2) Spoke with phone customer service, clueless as well. Transferred me to Chevy marketing at 800-950-2438.

3) Marketing sent me to another customer group where the individual assured me the car would be there next week by train.

4) That is not correct as we know, so I contact the dealership (they have been great to work with) and they jump on this.

5) Dealership calls their support unit, and after a 10 minute hold are told a large group of Z/28s went out on trucks for delivery but returned to Oshawa. They were now given a "71" case number and told they would be updated every 4 to 5 days.

No end in sight.
Thanks much for your efforts. Why would dispatched trucks return to Oshawa? The only answers I can come up with:

1. "Z/28's went on trucks for delivery" means "4300-intermediate delivery," some sort of bullpen area where they are loaded on trucks for final destinations. But since there were no carrier trucks available, they came back to Oshawa. Or;

2. Somebody discovered a problem common to all Z/28's and they told the trucks to turn around.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #26
P1M

Drives: z28
looks to be sold.
P1M is offline   Reply With Quote