Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Remote inactive once.

About a week ago (10/26/13) I drove to a local Fire Dept. for a Charity Ride. When I got there I could only find one place to park - in the middle of everything. It took me a while to get away from all the curiosity seekers to get inside to register. When I came back out they asked me to move as I was blocking a critical area. When I tried to unlock the car with the remote, nothing happened. I tried other functions (open trunk, start engine) and nothing happened. The car and the remote are only 4 months old so Ididn't think the battery in the remote would have died in that short time, especially since I haven't driven it that much. I didn't want to open the door with the key as that usually sets off the alarm and I didn't want to do that since I could not be sure that I could shut it off if the remote was inoperative. I called my wife to bring the other remote to me and before she arrived I called OnStar to unlock the car for me. When I got in it started OK and I drove it over to another parking space without incident. However, after I stopped, with the engine still running, the drivers window would not go down. All of the other windows worked fine. I stopped the engine, went into the Ride festivities and when I came back to it, everything was fine. I have only driven the car a few times since then with no problem. Any ideas as to what the problem might have been? I am afraid of taking it to my dealer since their service dept. seems to only be able to solve run-of-the mill problems. I have asked about several things (like the TPMS being intermittant) and all I get is "I dunno". It would help greatly if I could go to them with a suggested cause of the problem. Thanks.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote