Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #113
jshookzusaf

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I would cry man tears for days :(( sorry for your loss
jshookzusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #114
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
OP, have you heard back from the Insurance company? Hope you are getting a fair price and return to this wonderful land of Camaros. I think everyone is losing sight of the fact we lost a beautiful and rare Camaro to someone's driving indescretions. This is a sad moment, and I hope they hang the bastard that did this by the balls.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #115
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
OP, again, I am very sorry for your loss. Now I am sorry there are a few hateful idiots on this forum who think something like this could not ever happen to them or accuse you of fraud. Carma will get them. I'm glad you got your settlement and are looking for another Camaro. Keep your chin up & ignor the idiots. There are more great people than idiots here but the Idiots never miss a chance to show their butts. Let us hear how the search goes & post up pics when you find a new Camaro.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #116
HeadonaStick

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I'm liking the way tramtwo is thinking. I'm thinking the same.

Facts so far...

Thief used a key to steal the car.
OP was careless about the keys.
Maybe, but it is irrelevant. The car was still stolen and the insurance company will pay for the loss.

Quote:
OP was at a friends place when the car was stolen.
So? How does it matter where he was when it was stolen? And you drew this conclusion based on what, exactly?

Quote:
OP reported the car stolen hours after the unoccupied car was found crashed by police.
If you mean reported stolen to the insurance company, how can he report it stolen until he knows it is stolen?

Quote:
Police contacted the OP after the crash and discovered he is apparently uninjured.
Again, so? If the car was stolen, why would the owner be injured? It makes perfect sense to me.

Quote:
OP is upside down on his car loan.
Lots of people are upside down on their car loans. Pretty typical and irrelevant. Upside down or not insurance will pay the value of the vehicle. Why is this relevant?

Quote:
OP wants insurance to pay off the loan.
I could be wrong, but isn't this why we pay for insurance?

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a troll but an insurance adjuster will be thinking the same as I am.
The adjuster can think anything he or she chooses, but they have to actually have evidence in the real world.

Quote:
My opinion and conclusion, OP has a friend who is sore and hurting.
Pretty ill supported opinion. Not sure why some people assume the worst in others - a reflection of themselves perhaps?

I have dropped keys in my yard before, and since I keep my car key separate from my other keys (and my work keys separate from my home keys) this is not that far fetched at all. If someone had noticed the key they very well could have taken my car and I would have been unaware immediately.

I have also been awakened in the middle of the night by the police to report that my car was involved in an accident. It happens more often then some seem to realize.

To the OP,sorry about your car, and that it wasn't fully covered. That is why I carry GAP insurance - although apparently if I ever have to use the coverage it will be assumed I did something illegal...

Last edited by HeadonaStick; 11-01-2013 at 08:11 AM.
HeadonaStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #117
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
Sorry for your loss, I hope the circular spider web in the windshield was his face...people do stupid shite all the time but don't let it beat you.
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #118
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
18 years of being in law enforcement!
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #119
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
What are you suggesting? Inside job?

I'm no inspector gadget, but maybe someone knew where to find the keys...

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #120
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
Is it unheard of for someone to break into a house and steal the keys to a car? It's a damn quick smash and grab at that point, and if they don't wreck it messing around, will make a pretty penny at the chop shop. Way more than selling some LCD TVs and jewelry.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #121
BronxRS

Drives: '13 2LT RS Convertible - AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_acoustic View Post
Wow, some of you guys are real douche bags. To the people who think I wanted this to happen you must be an idiot. I really thought this would be a great way for some support but this just shows that some of you guys can really hurt a person even more then they are already hurting. Anyone who has me on facebook knows how often I psoted about this beauty and how often I worked on it just to get it perfect. This car was and will always be the greatest car I have ever seen, and ever owned and to replace it will be extremely difficult and impossible. The SGM in canada is EXTREMELY rare and only 3 in my city.... 2 now that mine is gone and I was so proud that I had the unique one in the city.

I have settled with my insurance and after everything is said and done i will owe 3500-5000 from debt from the car which sucks but I can't do anything about it and i'll have to move on.

I will be trying my best to get a synergy green car again, A v6 will be fine since I was SO attached to the color more then the performance.

I am still depressed and will be till the day I get another SGM.

For those who have supported and posted I thank you alot and those words mean alot. I will not be on this board as much as it depresses me just to even be reminded of the car. And yes, I did cry when I was told the car was wrecked (Whatever call me a p*ssy i dont care)
As a prosecutor, I see pretty well every side of humanity and nothing really surprises me anymore. Some of the posts on here are nothing more than a reflection of how brutal and cynical our lives have become. "End of the innocence" indeed. I empathized with your initial post because I can't imagine how crappy I'd feel if this happened to me. I also agree with those who posted that no matter how attached we are to our cars, the health and lives of us and our families is what really matters. Best of luck overcoming this and getting another Camaro. Take care.
BronxRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #122
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
That really sucks man, hope insurance covers it and you get to buy a nice new shiny one

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #123
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Some of the posts on here are nothing more than a reflection of how brutal and cynical our lives have become. "End of the innocence" indeed.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #124
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Lucky man I actually wish this would happen to my car sometimes lol
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote