Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
passenger door alignment problem

Attachment 51005

Attachment 51006I had my 2ss sitting on the driveway tonight as I was cutting my lawn and as I went by the car, because the sun was going down, I noticed a fairly significant alignment problem with the passenger door. Starting from the top of door to the bottom, I noticed a gap between the front of the door and the the right front fender. The gap widened from top to bottom so there was a gap of more than an 1/8". Could even be more than that as I didn't measure it.

At first I thought maybe it was designed like that to get the door open. But then I checked the drivers door and no such gap exists.

I assume the fix is to adjust/re-hang the door. Anyone else experience this problem? I plan on taking it in to the dealer for a fix.

I have just over 3,000 miles on the car. Could this have been caused by driving it hard?

Last edited by camarogolfguy; 03-15-2010 at 12:11 AM.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
i had a similar problem with my car i am in college so i don't have the resources to hand wash my car like i want all the time. So when i went through the car wash the high pressure water was coming in around my door. I took it there and the readjusted it in like 30 mins works fine now
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogolfguy View Post
Attachment 51005

Attachment 51006I had my 2ss sitting on the driveway tonight as I was cutting my lawn and as I went by the car, because the sun was going down, I noticed a fairly significant alignment problem with the passenger door. Starting from the top of door to the bottom, I noticed a gap between the front of the door and the the right front fender. The gap widened from top to bottom so there was a gap of more than an 1/8". Could even be more than that as I didn't measure it.

At first I thought maybe it was designed like that to get the door open. But then I checked the drivers door and no such gap exists.

I assume the fix is to adjust/re-hang the door. Anyone else experience this problem? I plan on taking it in to the dealer for a fix.

I have just over 3,000 miles on the car. Could this have been caused by driving it hard?
NOooooooooooooooo!

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
GUNIT
RKFDGEO- chicago5thgen

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM Auto
Send a message via AIM to GUNIT Send a message via Yahoo to GUNIT Send a message via Skype™ to GUNIT
Yes I have the same problem on same door.
GUNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

My son told me he spotted another camaro the same color as mine (when clean) with the same problem.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Wink Update on misaligned door

Early September I posted a few pictures of what I thought was a misaligned passenger door on my Camaro. I took it to a dealer and it turns out it was not the door that was the problem. It was the right forward fender that was misaligned. The service dept told me the door doesn't move once hung, they had to realign the quarter panel to match the door line. I will take a couple of pic's to show what it looks like after the adjustment.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
Glad they got it fixed for you. I'm not sure why the doors on almost all Camaros I have seen are about 1/16" - 1/8" in from the rocker. In your first pick, the fender looks like it is aligned even with the rocker and the door looks like it is too far in, but that is how the majority of Camaros look, but I'm not sure why.
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
WICKEDSS
Dan

Drives: THE BEAST
BATH!!!!!!! PLEASE
WICKEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote