Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
Parking Assist - No lights on Package Tray?

I was hoping that I wouldn't get the parking assist on my new Camaro, but it came with it anyway. I purchased an owner's manual from Helm right after I ordered my car in May. It's a first print edition. In that first print edition, the Ultrasonic Parking Assist is supposed to have a three light indicator system on the rear package tray near the 3rd brake light. My car doesn't have the three lights. I can see a knock out where they would go, but they're definitely not there.

I checked the owner's manual that came with my car when I took delivery on 10-13. It's a second print edition. In the second print edition, the info about the three lights is deleted.

Did anybody's come with the three lights on the package tray? Has anyone heard about this? I couldn't find anything using the search - just lots of talk about who did or didn't want the assist feature. Thanks.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
I'll Get back with you in a week or so (in transit)
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono83 View Post
I was hoping that I wouldn't get the parking assist on my new Camaro, but it came with it anyway. I purchased an owner's manual from Helm right after I ordered my car in May. It's a first print edition. In that first print edition, the Ultrasonic Parking Assist is supposed to have a three light indicator system on the rear package tray near the 3rd brake light. My car doesn't have the three lights. I can see a knock out where they would go, but they're definitely not there.

I checked the owner's manual that came with my car when I took delivery on 10-13. It's a second print edition. In the second print edition, the info about the three lights is deleted.

Did anybody's come with the three lights on the package tray? Has anyone heard about this? I couldn't find anything using the search - just lots of talk about who did or didn't want the assist feature. Thanks.
Of the 4 I've seen in the last week or so....no lights just beeps
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
theres just an audible warning, no visual.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
no ligths just beeps on my camaro, and on every camaro for that matter

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
It looks like GM changed things up a bit with the parking assist. The manual for the car we rented in July talked about the lights, but my car that I got in Sept. doesn't have lights, nor does it say anything in the manual about them.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
All that money and all you get is beeps. Whew! I'm glad I got mine before the beeps!

Does it beep constantly or does it beep like 3 times? That would be better because it would be about $123 per beep instead of one long $370 beep.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
All that money and all you get is beeps. Whew! I'm glad I got mine before the beeps!

Does it beep constantly or does it beep like 3 times? That would be better because it would be about $123 per beep instead of one long $370 beep.

I don't know. I kind of like the idea of the parking assist.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #9
WySilverado

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro M6 Synergy Green
I'd rather have the beeps,My 09 Sierra had the lights and they were usless
WySilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:

how come you are always complaining about them when you have your car and it doesn't have them?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
how come you are always complaining about them when you have your car and it doesn't have them?
Probably because forcing people to buy them against their will is a mistake. They made a bad move and took a lot of people by surprise, and this bad decision forced me to get my car before my other car was paid off which I was trying to avoid but got forced into it to avoid being stuck with this pricy option that is useless to me.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #12
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Probably because forcing people to buy them against their will is a mistake. They made a bad move and took a lot of people by surprise, and this bad decision forced me to get my car before my other car was paid off which I was trying to avoid but got forced into it to avoid being stuck with this pricy option that is useless to me.
This is one that I will agree with.

I think it should have been a seperate option. Its not as if the rear bumper was related to the C&C/2LT/2SS packages in any way. It was the same rear bumber (not counting the diffuser) for all of them.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
gotcha. yeah, option would have been the way to go...oh well.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #14
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
I for one love them, the camaro does not have very good visibility when backing up and this sensors will save a lot of people lots of dings and scratched up rear bumpers

And it doesn't beep all the time it just beeps once when you shift into reverse and starts to beep faster as you get closer

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote