Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #15
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
Wow...I have not seen a Hyper Blue sitting anywhere...only Black(many), white, Nightfall,....and one yellow for about a week, then gone :(

Most of the ones sitting are dealer ordered, so they are going to have Nav, most have PDR, custom floormats(lol)...hard to find a barebones one in any color if ordered by the dealer.

Autotrader has ones available on showroom floors as well. Good Luck
Thanks!

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #16
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Hang in there Tara Martin!
Thanks!

Old 03-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #17
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
I found a couple of Hyperblue ZL1s...one a A10...one a 6M...they both have a couple of options, but they are both in your state...plus any discounts you might be able to get may offset some of the options that are installed, but you do not really want....so you can think of those options as free
SoCal,

What tool are you using to search for these ZL-1s? What you say is true about the options vs discounts!

Thanks,

Tara

Old 03-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #18
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Well, I can try, but my order was very specific. My only option was Hyper Blue Metallic. I bet I won't find one anywhere in stock that simply optioned...
If you can deal with White I know of a ZL1 with no added options that is being built and on the way to a Texas dealership. Let me know if you're interested.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:12 PM   #19
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
SoCal,

What tool are you using to search for these ZL-1s? What you say is true about the options vs discounts!

Thanks,

Tara
Hi. I sent you a PM with info. Good Luck
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:36 PM   #20
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
Honestly if you didn't get in on an allocation already, you may have to deal with what were dealer orders or cancelled customer orders. Most of which will be more optioned than you want. The HBM one headed to Dallas is well optioned, but its the color you want. As Snackbar says there's a lower optioned white one also headed to Texas. So at least they're drive able distance for you.

Side note. I grew up In Corpus. One of these day's I'll be retiring back there. Maybe the island or Port A.

Good luck with your search!
6000 - 04/05/2017 - Delivered!
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #21
scooter k

Drives: ex-wife's car
I ordered one from the dealer I work for. The mgr talked to the GM rep and said I should be able to get one built. I have an order number and will have to wait and see what happens.
scooter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:30 AM   #22
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
If you can deal with White I know of a ZL1 with no added options that is being built and on the way to a Texas dealership. Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:31 AM   #23
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Hi. I sent you a PM with info. Good Luck
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:35 AM   #24
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Builder View Post
Honestly if you didn't get in on an allocation already, you may have to deal with what were dealer orders or cancelled customer orders. Most of which will be more optioned than you want. The HBM one headed to Dallas is well optioned, but its the color you want. As Snackbar says there's a lower optioned white one also headed to Texas. So at least they're drive able distance for you.

Side note. I grew up In Corpus. One of these day's I'll be retiring back there. Maybe the island or Port A.

I sent a rather terse email to my salesman and he called me in a panic. He read the allocation that they do have stating that they can order a ZL-1 coupe and that's what they're using for my order. He referred to parts constraints, but didn't know what they were. Does anyone know?

Cool for Corpus! I grew up here and remain here. I retired once from Nueces County, but took up a second career that allowed me to order a ZL-1! Where did you go to high school? I went to Ray. There's massive growth out on Padre Isles! You just have to have really good flood and windstorm insurance!

Tara

Old 03-04-2017, 01:37 AM   #25
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Builder View Post

BTW, looking at your sig, it looks like your ZL-1 is moving right along in the process! Good luck for next week's build! I hope they get it to you quickly after that!

Tara

Old 03-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #26
cjd2

Drives: 17 ZL1, 15 Silverado, 98 LeSabre
Constraints for the order cycle are usually posted here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226
by Becky the week of the order cycle.

The next order cycle for ZL1's will be 3/9-3/14.

The last order cycle for 2017 ZL1's will be 4/6-4/11.

There has been a few constraints in the previous two order cycles. The last two order cycles it has been for Garnet Red paint color and the previous cycle also had Krypton Green paint color. No other parts constraints in the previous two order cycles.

If you are placing an order with a dealer that has an allocation or doesn't for that matter. Ensure they place it as a Sold Retail Order (SRE) priority 1. From the way I understand it this can help ensure the order can get picked up for production. This is how I got my order picked up last cycle by a dealer that did not have an allocation. Another dealer let their allocation go, without placing an order against it and the order system applied that allocation to my Sold order in the system. Which then got picked up on the last day of the order cycle.

Good luck, hope you can get the car you want.
2000 2/14/17
3000 2/15/17
3100 2/23/17
3400 3/8/17 TPW 3/13/17
3800 3/15/17
4200 3/17/17
5000 3/21/17
6000 3/30/17

Window Tint, GM Clear Tailights, Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra, Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Sidemarker Lights, Ordered 1LE Clear 3rd Brake Light
cjd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #27
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
I sent a rather terse email to my salesman and he called me in a panic. He read the allocation that they do have stating that they can order a ZL-1 coupe and that's what they're using for my order. He referred to parts constraints, but didn't know what they were. Does anyone know?

Tara
Tara, sorry if I missed it but do you have an actual order placed with this dealer & share the build specs with us. I thought most of the constraints people had early on were documented here. One was the carbon dash many wanted but it's no longer even available as an option last I heard. Some had problems with colors at one point too.

If you continue to have problems, you may be able to find one down here in the Valley??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #28
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Stop stressing yourselves out! Stop ordering these cars. Patience is key. These cars will be sitting on lots waiting on YOU to select which one you want. When I got my 13 ZL1 I had about 20 to pick. All parked next to each other in all colors and options.

That same dealer has about 10 Z06s parked next to each other right now. <--

Don't forget why we buy these cars: For FUN. Don't take your Fun out of it purposely.