Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
So, they might not have had an allocation when they told me they did...?
Exactly, because there is no constraints on ZL1's and the next model year hasn't even started ordering yet. Yes allocations are hard to find and it sounds like they just want to keep you around until they do get an allocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
If you can deal with White I know of a ZL1 with no added options that is being built and on the way to a Texas dealership. Let me know if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Stop stressing yourselves out! Stop ordering these cars. Patience is key. These cars will be sitting on lots waiting on YOU to select which one you want. When I got my 13 ZL1 I had about 20 to pick. All parked next to each other in all colors and options.

That same dealer has about 10 Z06s parked next to each other right now. <--

Don't forget why we buy these cars: For FUN. Don't take your Fun out of it purposely.
^^^^This... Take your time and Enjoy your car buying experience.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #30
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Stop stressing yourselves out! Stop ordering these cars. Patience is key. These cars will be sitting on lots waiting on YOU to select which one you want. When I got my 13 ZL1 I had about 20 to pick. All parked next to each other in all colors and options.

Don't forget why we buy these cars: For FUN. Don't take your Fun out of it purposely.
Very much this. I was calling all over the place looking for allocations, trying to teach the dealers about the allocation process, reviewing existing order status numbers to modify, working with rude dealers that had an allocation that thought they were doing me a favor, etc. In the end, I found the exact car I wanted a couple hundred miles away sitting on the lot for over a month I think. They brought it to me the next day.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #31
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Very much this. I was calling all over the place looking for allocations, trying to teach the dealers about the allocation process, reviewing existing order status numbers to modify, working with rude dealers that had an allocation that thought they were doing me a favor, etc. In the end, I found the exact car I wanted a couple hundred miles away sitting on the lot for over a month I think. They brought it to me the next day.
<----- Showing folks how to get it done. My man.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #32
Infern0
Bring It

To be fair I only got my knowledge of how things worked from this site. The best consumer is an educated consumer. Because of this site as well I was able to get supplier pricing on an already discounted car. The least we can do now is pay it forward and help Tara out.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #33
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I did the same thing for the 2012's when my order got pushed to 2013. Called around and found #23 sitting on a show room floor North of Dallas because a guy backed out of the deal. Only problem is you have to filter through a lot of BS sometimes, but when you find the car drop a deposit ASAP to hold it.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #34
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd2 View Post
Constraints for the order cycle are usually posted here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226
by Becky the week of the order cycle.

The next order cycle for ZL1's will be 3/9-3/14.

The last order cycle for 2017 ZL1's will be 4/6-4/11.

There has been a few constraints in the previous two order cycles. The last two order cycles it has been for Garnet Red paint color and the previous cycle also had Krypton Green paint color. No other parts constraints in the previous two order cycles.

If you are placing an order with a dealer that has an allocation or doesn't for that matter. Ensure they place it as a Sold Retail Order (SRE) priority 1. From the way I understand it this can help ensure the order can get picked up for production. This is how I got my order picked up last cycle by a dealer that did not have an allocation. Another dealer let their allocation go, without placing an order against it and the order system applied that allocation to my Sold order in the system. Which then got picked up on the last day of the order cycle.

Good luck, hope you can get the car you want.
Thank you! I just emailed my salesman to verify SRE status.

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #35
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Tara, sorry if I missed it but do you have an actual order placed with this dealer & share the build specs with us. I thought most of the constraints people had early on were documented here. One was the carbon dash many wanted but it's no longer even available as an option last I heard. Some had problems with colors at one point too.

If you continue to have problems, you may be able to find one down here in the Valley??
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #36
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:

...but I want, I want, I want!!! I just want mine my way! There's a satisfaction from ordering YOUR car and waiting on delivery. I've done it twice now; the stress is good stress!

Tara

Old 03-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #37
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Exactly, because there is no constraints on ZL1's and the next model year hasn't even started ordering yet. Yes allocations are hard to find and it sounds like they just want to keep you around until they do get an allocation.

^^^^This... Take your time and Enjoy your car buying experience.
Thanks!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #38
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:

Old 03-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #39
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
To be fair I only got my knowledge of how things worked from this site. The best consumer is an educated consumer. Because of this site as well I was able to get supplier pricing on an already discounted car. The least we can do now is pay it forward and help Tara out.
Thank you!

Old 03-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #40
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Cool for Corpus! I grew up here and remain here. I retired once from Nueces County, but took up a second career that allowed me to order a ZL-1! Where did you go to high school? I went to Ray. There's massive growth out on Padre Isles! You just have to have really good flood and windstorm insurance!

Tara
I went to King High School. Class of 90.
I go back to Texas every few years, and the growth of Corpus from when I left about 25 years ago till now is quite a bit more than I ever expected from my sleepy little city.
6000 - 04/05/2017 - Delivered!
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #41
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I did the same thing for the 2012's when my order got pushed to 2013. Called around and found #23 sitting on a show room floor North of Dallas because a guy backed out of the deal. Only problem is you have to filter through a lot of BS sometimes, but when you find the car drop a deposit ASAP to hold it.
I think i've dropped a deposit, gave credit card info, but it's been silence since...should I expect something concrete?
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #42
Infern0
Bring It

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I think i've dropped a deposit, gave credit card info, but it's been silence since...should I expect something concrete?
Ummm, if it were me, I'd be expecting order status code updates weekly at a minimum. But I've been told I'm a pain....