Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #99
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty311 View Post
I also attended this event. I've been looking at the Camaro for over a year now, and seeing it in person was more incredible than I had imagined. When leaving, I actually had to turn around and go back because I wanted to see it again!

I did hear something slightly disheartening though. I asked Greg English (one of their internet sales guys) about potential pricing, knowing full well that official numbers are not out. He thinks the car we were looking at (LT2 RS) will run a high 28K to 31K. This threw me off a little, so I asked what he thought the base price of a Camaro would be, and he said "around $26,000." I'm hoping he meant just the LT2 and not the LS. What do you think Justin? I'm assuming that you probably got to talk price a lot more than I did. I don't want to turn this into a pricing thread, I just want to know if you think he's spot on or over shooting. I suppose this would also go to whether or not they will really charge MSRP.

BTW, nice pics. I took some as well, but you got my angles and then some, so I'll avoid cluttering things here. Thanks and congrats!
Well the guy I was dealing with said the car we were looking at was probably around 27, but once again he assured me that he didn't know for sure either...his best guess on the SS was around 33...so I don't know...The guy you talked to might have been overshooting a little bit, but really no one knows at this time...just some very educated guesses...If I had to guess i would say bone stock ls would start at 23, and then the V8 would start at 30(just my educated guess). But I think we will find out sooner than later.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #100
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
The price question seems to continue to come up. What Fbodfather has said several times is that it will be competitively priced with the Mustang. Rather than making wild guesses or trying to interpret some other guy who has no ideas wild guess just take a look at the price of a comperable Mustang, add perhaps a couple of percent for the added content of the Camaro and you will have a pretty accurate price.

What we know for sure is that the Camaro was designed and is being built to compete first and foremost with the Mustang. The folks in the know have made it clear it will be competitively priced that is enough for me to determine the price will be about what a Mustang would cost.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #101
ljustin293

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
The price question seems to continue to come up. What Fbodfather has said several times is that it will be competitively priced with the Mustang. Rather than making wild guesses or trying to interpret some other guy who has no ideas wild guess just take a look at the price of a comperable Mustang, add perhaps a couple of percent for the added content of the Camaro and you will have a pretty accurate price.

What we know for sure is that the Camaro was designed and is being built to compete first and foremost with the Mustang. The folks in the know have made it clear it will be competitively priced that is enough for me to determine the price will be about what a Mustang would cost.
Yes, my educated guess pretty much come from everything I have heard and the prices of the mustangs. I just add 1-2 thousand onto the mustang price and that should be pretty much it.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #102
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty311 View Post
I also attended this event. I've been looking at the Camaro for over a year now, and seeing it in person was more incredible than I had imagined. When leaving, I actually had to turn around and go back because I wanted to see it again!

I did hear something slightly disheartening though. I asked Greg English (one of their internet sales guys) about potential pricing, knowing full well that official numbers are not out. He thinks the car we were looking at (LT2 RS) will run a high 28K to 31K. This threw me off a little, so I asked what he thought the base price of a Camaro would be, and he said "around $26,000." I'm hoping he meant just the LT2 and not the LS. What do you think Justin? I'm assuming that you probably got to talk price a lot more than I did. I don't want to turn this into a pricing thread, I just want to know if you think he's spot on or over shooting. I suppose this would also go to whether or not they will really charge MSRP.

BTW, nice pics. I took some as well, but you got my angles and then some, so I'll avoid cluttering things here. Thanks and congrats!

Keep in mind Mr. English was just guessing like all the other numbers we've heard the last couple years. Let's hope GM gives us some numbers on the October 10th IDL.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #103
psmitty311

Drives: 1993 Honda Accord
I understand that he doesn't know for sure, and I am fully aware that Fbodfather gives excellent information. I guess it just stuck in my mind because it was the only negative experience I had that day I didn't mean to start another pricing discussion.

Justin, did your guy tell you when (roughly) you could expect delivery? I want to go back there when they have a couple more to look at.
psmitty311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #104
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
Thanks for sticking up for me. Like I have said..I will be paying for this car..so I'm not going to do anything stupid.
As a young kid, how can you afford it all by yourself without the help of your parents? (you look 16 in the picture) I do know that if you are paying for it yourself, you will take care of it a whole lot more. If you are living at home and working full-time without a college degree, I can understand being able to afford it if your parents are paying for everything else like food and continuing education. I'm just curious and you don't have to answer me if you want to keep anything private. Congratulations again on this purchase, you will definitely enjoy it.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:55 AM   #105
MCMLXIX
1967 Chevelle Pro-Touring

Drives: 1967 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
I only had a minute with The Bowtie Guys -
they said next stop for this one
[ yellow RS ]
is Las Vegas....
Sorry.
- Ray
Happy to have had an opportunity to see one
in the flesh \ metal \ plastic \ leather, etc.
WHERE AND WHEN IN VEGAS????
MCMLXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 AM   #106
ljustin293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
As a young kid, how can you afford it all by yourself without the help of your parents? (you look 16 in the picture) I do know that if you are paying for it yourself, you will take care of it a whole lot more. If you are living at home and working full-time without a college degree, I can understand being able to afford it if your parents are paying for everything else like food and continuing education. I'm just curious and you don't have to answer me if you want to keep anything private. Congratulations again on this purchase, you will definitely enjoy it.
Well like I have said...I will be 19 next month. I am going to college full time and have a part-time/full time job(I say that because my work calls it a part-time job but I work a 40 hour week and also get a little overtime at times.) As far as what my parents are paying I am going to keep private, but the car payment will be all mine. I am going to put as much of a down payment on it as I can, that way I can get the monthly payments as low as possible. I was saving to do a lot to my truck, but then I decided to get this car..so I was already being smart and saving money before I knew I was going to get the car. I know its hard to believe and I'm sure there are some of you that don't believe that I'm paying for it, etc. People can't be so stereotypical...some "kids" are very responsible and it is the others kids that bring us down.

Last edited by ljustin293; 09-29-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #107
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
way to go ljustin. there are responsible kids out there, and you seem to be one of them. enjoy your new camaro, like the rest of us.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #108
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
More power to ya Justin! I drove a 1994 V-6 when I was 18. It took me damn near 10 years to get a great full time job to be able to afford this car. Of course, I also had to make buying a house my number 1 priority. Enjoy it man!

By the way, what a noble name you have. We Justins shall conquer this world!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 AM   #109
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
Well like I have said...I will me 19 next month. I am going to college full time and have a part-time/full time job(I say that because my work calls it a part-time job but I work a 40 hour week and also get a little overtime at times.) As far as what my parents are paying I am going to keep private, but the car payment will be all mine. I am going to put as much of a down payment on it as I can, that way I can get the monthly payments as low as possible. I was saving to do a lot to my truck, but then I decided to get this car..so I was already being smart and saving money before I knew I was going to get the car. I know its hard to believe and I'm sure there are some of you that don't believe that I'm paying for it, etc. People can't be so stereotypical...some "kids" are very responsible and it is the others kids that bring us down.
Thanks for responding. I never once not believed you. I was just curious since I'm 29 and I've already been thru the stage in life you're in. You've told all of us that you're 19, out of High School and in College with a 40 hour a week job which I'm guessing pays better than your average non-diploma job a student normally is able to get without a degree. I'm guessing that you had some help getting the job which is a great way to get your foot in the door of something. My dad helped me get a job with the Panama Canal while I was in High School over the summer and that really helped me down the road for learning about responsibility. It sounds like your truck is a nice one if you were going to use any extra money to do a lot of work on it. You sound like an intelligent young adult that knows what he wants and is smart enough not to get into something he can't afford. I know I'm starting to sound like an old fart however my advice to you after reading your posts is somewhere in the mix start a savings account for yourself if you haven't already (again I'm guessing you are going to be spending all or most of the money you make on the Camaro, insurance and gas.) A savings account will help you keep a good cushion in the bank just in case of an emergency. I know that many young people simply spend all they make during the college years on their "toys" which can be cars, electronics, video games, etc. I know because for awhile I did the same thing. The problem is that the moment there is an emergency, you have to pull money out of somewhere and using a credit card is a bad idea in those cases because the next month you are paying interest and the credit card can become overwhelming. You have the help of your parents and family still at your age and until you leave college and perhaps after you get married. Even then, if your parents are good parents they will still help you no matter what but those good habits will help you when you are by yourself regardless. I'm sorry for going on and on, I just wanted to let you know that I care even though I don't know you and if anything sticks from what I've said, then it was worth it. God Bless and enjoy the Camaro. What color and options did you order again? I'm still undecided but I'm leaning towards black, imperial blue or cyber grey with who knows what interior options. Peace.. -Eddie
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #110
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Man I bet you feel just like I did when I got on the list for my first Sky. I put my deposit down in May of 2005, I was 3rd on the list at that time. The Official order went in on October 12th 2005, My car came in March 26, 2006, the 351st built and the first to come in at my dealer. So being on the list first is not the key to getting your car first. It is what color cars will be built first and also which options you choose... Good luck...
Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #111
ljustin293

I went with a Victory Red SS, with (hopefully) black stripes, I got manual with black leather, bosten accoustics stereo, bluetooth, no sunroof...for now we have written down SS2...but this might change once prices do come out.

Last edited by ljustin293; 09-29-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #112
onlynotyou_ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Lucky sonofab***ch
but seriously i don't think the chevy dealer by me is getting one any time soon.
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Be Proud, Be honorable, be true. For this is the way of the Camaro
onlynotyou_ss is offline   Reply With Quote