Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2009, 11:54 PM   #15
jbgz28

Drives: 2010BL on BL/2ss/rs/sunroof/6M
Park far away/don't let kids eat in car

I was still driving my 2002 Camaro Z28 that I had been cleaning up for sale 61,000 miles with leather and all the trimmings. My two sons were in the car. I had picked them up from their grandmothers. They were hungry and wanted me to stop. I stopped at a conveniience store. MY oldest(10) walked to the fountain drinks. I said not in my car. He got a bottle. They both got chips. I said, "Chandler, do you see the seat next to you? Do you see how clean it is? When you get out look at your seat. That is why you will not be eating in my new car. I have 3 other cars. My2002 z28 is very clean. My 1999 Cadillac deElegance Deville that I inherited from my fatherhas enough food in it to feed a third world nation. The Volvo SUV that my wife has is as my father says "rode hard and put away wet."

We have gone to the movies a few times since the arrival of my 2ss/rs black on black/m6. I ask my wife drop off or walk.. I am in that parking as far away as possible mode. Two weeks with the car and no scratches. My experience has not been painfree. I had to take my car to the dealer for a problem Within the first week, the service engine light and service Engine track? light came on. The car, A black on black 2ss/rs/moonroof/m6 was bucking like a bronco. I took it to the dealer and was told that the wiring harness had gotten too close to the manifold and shorted out. They took pictures and fixed the problem the same day. I am still in love with my car.Will drive it a few more weeks and ask questions of other m6 users.

Best car I have ever bought for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!
jbgz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #16
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Lazers for cats? Cats are the debil when it comes to automotive paint.

And a Camaro front end will look like a custom built Cat entry ramp to a Feline and it's claws.

When you see 4-5 purr fect scratches then a bunch of mudy cat paws on the windshield. They do more damage than a Prius owner keying your car while your at a sporting event.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #17
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Sinergy, thats so funny
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #18
Vash

There really is nothing you can do it's a roll of the dice other than parking it at home and driving a POS DD.

Just try to park good. Don't double.. they will key. Uh park away from frequent in an out.
Other than that you can get a piston and a lawn chair lol. (no just a joke).
Old 07-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Park it far away....exercise is good for the body anyway.

And for the other occassions, I TOO have my firearm.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #20
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
We have a DD 03 Dodge Stratus and the crap that has happened to it over the last five years has really pissed me off considering the lack of respect shown by other people. Two key marks on either side of the car, creased door and rear quarter from another car, an countless door dings etc. Our classic car's we keep an ever vigilant eye on, but this will be little different meaning it will be more like a daily driver in the summer and would like to keep it looking as nice as possible. All kidding aside what wrong with wanting you car to stay looking as nice as possible. Ya stuff will happen, just trying to keep it to a minimum and not live in a bubble. I have several fire arms and a concealed weapons permit, did I mention the one I carry is a high capacity 45.

Last edited by GrnMchin; 07-01-2009 at 12:44 AM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #21
Vash

I still suggest the 2 way alarms. While they are not perfect. It will give you the warn away notice too. I.E. the 5 chirps outside... pager beeps 5 inside.

Even in grocery store or China Mart.. sometimes. Yea.. the wireless part is buggy.

So you might even be able to run out and catch someone either screwing with or just backed into your ride. Cause the pager told you. Let KITT do his job.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #22
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
I still suggest the 2 way alarms. While they are not perfect. It will give you the warn away notice too. I.E. the 5 chirps outside... pager beeps 5 inside.

Even in grocery store or China Mart.. sometimes. Yea.. the wireless part is buggy.

So you might even be able to run out and catch someone either screwing with or just backed into your ride. Cause the pager told you. Let KITT do his job.
Thanks, was something we have considered I just have not looked into it or done any research yet.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 AM   #23
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Pitbull with the windows rolled down.

Problem solved.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 AM   #24
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
If you dont mind below is my new signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinergy View Post
I plan on leaving mine in the garage all the time. Once a day I'll open the door and scream at the neighbors: "That's right bitches, it's a camaro!" Then I'll close the door and run in the house and peer through the blinds to see if anyone is looking.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:14 AM   #25
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Quote:
I plan on leaving mine in the garage all the time. Once a day I'll open the door and scream at the neighbors: "That's right bitches, it's a camaro!" Then I'll close the door and run in the house and peer through the blinds to see if anyone is looking.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #26
bnwt10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt rs
I am glad I am not the only one worried about this stuff no one in my house understands freaking me out with a 14 and a 6 year old. Even my husband doesn't get it. Any good alarms out there mine will be setting out most of the time until I can get a bubble for it!!Car should have been here last week but atleast I haven't give it any scratches yet!!
freaked out in Illiois.
bnwt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
that's awesome!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #28
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
Just want some thoughts on this. We are worried about parking in public places and having people scratch or key the car. I am trying not to freak out about it, but I also want to do what I can to prevent things from happening. I realize it is a car and things do happen, but I just wanted to know what you guys are doing. Alarm? Car cover all the time? (seems too difficult) or what...any suggestions? Thanks!
DEI dual zone proximity sensor.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote