Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
bcguy
bcguy

Drives: 2011 ss/rs m6
Ram slave cyl. Street slayer clutch

So stock slave went out after many runs back to back. Cooled blower off with ice but failed to think about heat I clutch area. Have nothing but good things to say about the street slayer dual if anyone's in the market. My shop guys are installing slave now and slave pushes 550 thou stroke and clutch needs 400 thou to fully separate. They already bottomed out once and blew one line ( over pressured )when hit snap ring on slave or to much travel for clutch. They have told me the only way they can make this work it to put a stop on my clutch pedal( professionally ) just wondered if anyone else has come accross this with the ram slave. Thanks
Agp 62/66 ,lsx 427. , Callie's ,diamond ,all pro ,American racing ,I'ds130s,102 intake and throttle body,etc .fore triple , Turbo 400 level 5 , b and m pro , dss carbon fiber , dss ford 9 inch with strange pumpkin,3.73 ratio,1400 hp axels,boost and air fuel pillar guages. Weld rts 17x10 and 17x4.5 with m and h drag radials and skinnys
bcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
CNC73

Drives: 2010 1ss m6 supercharged, 55 Chevy
Sounds like it is not shimmed properly.
CNC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
bcguy
bcguy

Drives: 2011 ss/rs m6
my mechanic is saying no matter how they shim it, it doesnt affect the stroke.if they shim it away the first pump of the pedal takes up the slack and pushes the slave required amount,it then doesnt return to the far back position ,then the second pump it pushes full 550 again.i think what they said is the stocker has a spring that pushes it back to home position and the ram does not,so after initial pump it never fully returns
Agp 62/66 ,lsx 427. , Callie's ,diamond ,all pro ,American racing ,I'ds130s,102 intake and throttle body,etc .fore triple , Turbo 400 level 5 , b and m pro , dss carbon fiber , dss ford 9 inch with strange pumpkin,3.73 ratio,1400 hp axels,boost and air fuel pillar guages. Weld rts 17x10 and 17x4.5 with m and h drag radials and skinnys
bcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
CNC73

Drives: 2010 1ss m6 supercharged, 55 Chevy
If it is shimmed correctly it will work with no pedal stop. I have it in my car and set it up myself. The pressure plate returns the slave back to the start position. If you follow the diagram with the setup dimensions it will work. A few people on here that have these slaves have blown them out because of improper setup. Ram also sells a travel limiter that is adjustable, but is not needed.
CNC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
STSL
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ZR1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcguy View Post
So stock slave went out after many runs back to back. Cooled blower off with ice but failed to think about heat I clutch area. Have nothing but good things to say about the street slayer dual if anyone's in the market. My shop guys are installing slave now and slave pushes 550 thou stroke and clutch needs 400 thou to fully separate. They already bottomed out once and blew one line ( over pressured )when hit snap ring on slave or to much travel for clutch. They have told me the only way they can make this work it to put a stop on my clutch pedal( professionally ) just wondered if anyone else has come accross this with the ram slave. Thanks
As we discussed we recomend a stock slave but a pedal stop work s great .You donot won't to over extend the slave. You would actually like the stop since the clutch doesn't need the full range of motion as the stock clutch to perform properly.If you need anything give us a call to get the right information for your Street Slayer.
STSL is offline   Reply With Quote