Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp32e View Post
It's not for you or anyone to understand, it's called personal preference. Quite simple in reality.
If people simply stated what they meant, it just might be quite simple in reality. However, I've found that people quite often don't clearly state what they mean.

If something is a personal preference, then for the sake of clarity and to avoid potential unwanted questions one would be better served by clearly and simply stating it as a personal preference rather than stating it as a logical A requires B claim.

For example one can simply state, "My cars are willed to my grandchildren and I would like my cars to be in near new condition when my grandchildren receive them," instead of using the form, "My cars are willed to my grandchildren, and must (i.e., are required to) be kept as close to new as possible as long as I'm alive."

The first example clearly states a personal preference, while the latter is stated as a requirement without respect to any personal preference.

Of course, one can simply ask one's question without adding any information unrelated to one's question and be more likely to avoid any unwanted clarifying questions. What's the reason to announce to those on this forum that one grew up poor and was given nothing and can now afford whatever one wants?
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #16

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
If people simply stated what they meant, it just might be quite simple in reality. However, I've found that people quite often don't clearly state what they mean.

If something is a personal preference, then for the sake of clarity and to avoid potential unwanted questions one would be better served by clearly and simply stating it as a personal preference rather than stating it as a logical A requires B claim.

For example one can simply state, "My cars are willed to my grandchildren and I would like my cars to be in near new condition when my grandchildren receive them," instead of using the form, "My cars are willed to my grandchildren, and must (i.e., are required to) be kept as close to new as possible as long as I'm alive."

The first example clearly states a personal preference, while the latter is stated as a requirement without respect to any personal preference.

Of course, one can simply ask one's question without adding any information unrelated to one's question and be more likely to avoid any unwanted clarifying questions.
Or one could simply answer the basic question, and mind one's own business as well....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
ZL1 was announced @ Chicago Auto Show '11, in Feb/11, and went into production Q-1 of '12. This ZEE is announced Mar/13 and goes on sale "Spring '14"...similar turnaround timeframe.
That's going to be one short production run

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Or one could simply answer the basic question
Which I did in my initial reply.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #19

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Which I did in my initial reply.
lol...No worries, brother..lol...I think what we are gonna see is a lot more "new guys" (see post counts) who are eye-balling these cars...And folks of lifestyles and means that will make your head spin...lol...I'd just cut 'em some slack and not scare them off...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
That's going to be one short production run
Gen-5 Z/28s will build from Q2/14 to Q2 or Q3/15, for a total run of roughly 14-18 months, spread over 2 Model Years ('14-'15).

This relatively short run is a contributor to the likely price point of the car. All those component and development costs have to be borne by a smaller number of end products...

Gen-6 Camaro will arrive Q3 or Q4/15 as a Model Year '16 car.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedave View Post
My sales guy is trying to get some info, he told me it's the same old GM crap. Announce it's coming, then nothing. I want to get one for my collection. My cars are only driven a few times a year, I realize I'm going to get bashed for this, but my cars are willed to my grandchildren and must be kept as close to new as possible as long as I'm alive
Dealerships don't know anything about the car. They have some sort of meeting in the next 9 days or something like that to discuss the car, etc. I saw dates going around. I don't think telling us about your collection will speed up the process. You have to wait just like everybody else unfortunately.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #22
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
My cars are not investments, simply something I want to pass on. I grew up poor and had nothing and was given nothing, started my own company and now can easily afford whatever I want. I enjoy having them and want my grandchildren to enjoy them as well. BTW spring 2014 is dissapointing, hoping to have one sooner
Started from the bottom now we here...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
Zedave

Drives: 2007 Z06, 2009 SRT Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Dealerships don't know anything about the car. They have some sort of meeting in the next 9 days or something like that to discuss the car, etc. I saw dates going around. I don't think telling us about your collection will speed up the process. You have to wait just like everybody else unfortunately.
This is a car forum, is it not? I'm talking about cars.
I stated that I want a Z/28 for my small collection and to pass down, everyone that has more than one car states it in there signature, are you this way with others that have multiple cars
Currently in Stable, 1981 Z28, 2003 Corvette 50th Anniv. Edition, 2007 Ron Fellows Z06 #330, 2009 SRT Challenger
Zedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #24
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

ZEDave, if you're calling your Canadian Chev dealer, they'll be even further in the dark. There's a rumble that the Z/28 may be scarce/unavailable in Canada, like the coming SS Sedan which WON'T be offered in Canada direct from GM...
Old 04-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #25
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

BTW, folks, with 3000+ dealers and 5-25 salespeople per store AND a probable scarcity of Z/28s over the roughly 15-18 month build cycle, the "average" Chev salesperson will wisely concentrate their time and interest on Cruzes and Sonics and Silverados and...

In otherwords, the likelihood of the "average" Chev salesperson actually making a commi$$ion from the sale of a ZEE is almost the same as winning PowerBall...sadly...
Old 04-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #26
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
BTW, folks, with 3000+ dealers and 5-25 salespeople per store AND a probable scarcity of Z/28s over the roughly 15-18 month build cycle, the "average" Chev salesperson will wisely concentrate their time and interest on Cruzes and Sonics and Silverados and...

In otherwords, the likelihood of the "average" Chev salesperson actually making a commi$$ion from the sale of a ZEE is almost the same as winning PowerBall...sadly...
...and in all probability being able to obtain one will fall into a similar odds catagory.......let the chase begin.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #27
Zedave

Drives: 2007 Z06, 2009 SRT Challenger
Quote:
ZEDave, if you're calling your Canadian Chev dealer, they'll be even further in the dark. There's a rumble that the Z/28 may be scarce/unavailable in Canada, like the coming SS Sedan which WON'T be offered in Canada direct from GM...
Yikes, I hope I can get one.
Currently in Stable, 1981 Z28, 2003 Corvette 50th Anniv. Edition, 2007 Ron Fellows Z06 #330, 2009 SRT Challenger
Zedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #28
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Yikes, I hope I can get one.
Might wanna poll your nearest dealer(s) in Flor-Ida...just a thought...