Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Jakefeb3

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
footwell neon lighting. How to wire to have it come on the other ambient lighting?

footwell neon lighting. How to wire to have it come on the other ambient lighting?

I need help. I read as much as I could. Basically, I dont want to install a new switch just for the new lights. I want to wire the lights so they come on at night with the other interior lighting (like the gauge lights and radio lights and such). If that is too hard, my 2nd choice would be to hook them up to the fog light switch, so they come on when I turn the fog lights on and off. Can someone help me out? Which wires should I connect the new lights to? In the mean while, I will try to study the wiring diagrams more.
Jakefeb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Jakefeb3

hmmm... I know there have got to be some electrical geniuses on these forums somewhere... Anyone?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
FIRECAM

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM M6
Send a message via AIM to FIRECAM Send a message via Yahoo to FIRECAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakefeb3 View Post

I need help. I read as much as I could. Basically, I dont want to install a new switch just for the new lights. I want to wire the lights so they come on at night with the other interior lighting (like the gauge lights and radio lights and such). If that is too hard, my 2nd choice would be to hook them up to the fog light switch, so they come on when I turn the fog lights on and off. Can someone help me out? Which wires should I connect the new lights to? In the mean while, I will try to study the wiring diagrams more.
Hi not sure how much amps neon draws but I just put some led's low amp draw. In the footwell I ran the wire over to the fuse box on the drivers side of dash. Grounded to the dash mount then I put a spade terminal under the fuse for the steerwheel lighting fuse. Was not sure how would work but works awesome. Even dims with the dash lights at night. Try that let me know how it works for you.

2SS/RS IOM INTERIOR ROOF AND GFX
A SMALL TRIBUTE TO MY DAD
FIRECAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #4
sherifdude
MEAN MACHINE

Drives: 2010 CHEVY CAMARO 1SS/RS
Thumbs up footwell neon lighting

you run a wire to your dome light. doors open lights come on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakefeb3 View Post

sherifdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Jakefeb3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherifdude View Post
you run a wire to your dome light. doors open lights come on
I want them to stay on while I ride. But I want them to be on only when its dark, like the lights on the gauges and such
Old 11-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
...yup as said above, any spade terminal on a hot wire that leads to a "Dash Resident" bulb will provide the service you seek.

Always use a test light first! Good luck.
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
Jakefeb3

@Rookie. thanks for clearing things up