Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I would agree that it would of helped sales and the new 5.0 looks a lot better then previous Mustangs but still it doesn't look as good as the Camaro. Truth be told, I don't want ponies on my car like the Mustang when I can have all those horses under the hood of my Camaro.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
Too much time on your hands?

Some people are Chevy some are Ford, lets join ranks and squash the imports!
That's where you are wrong. I hate Fords with all my heart and soul, but I don't even have enough respect for imports to actually give a s**t
Old 06-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #17
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
That's where you are wrong. I hate Fords with all my heart and soul, but I don't even have enough respect for imports to actually give a s**t
I don't get this, "I hate Ford blah blah blah". They're all just car companies making a product to entice you away from your money. Chevy make a damned nice car at the moment, but if Ford, Honda et al, made something similar I'd probably give it a go. Don't forget that many "Japanese" cars are made in America too (ie not imports), providing much needed employment.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I disagree. Just depends on what direction they would have gone for the design. Design is key in appealing to the masses. If it doesn't appeal it won't sell, period. GM did a heck of a job on the design. I wasn't a fan of the Camaro until the 5th Gen, hopefully that carries over to the 6th Gen.
yup, was never a camaro fan until this came out. there is just something about the low roof line that dose it for me. ironically this is what i hear most mustang owners bitch about on the camaro.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #19
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
I agree with the OP, but im the kind of person who doesn't buy what everyone else does just because it's popular.. today, in my small town, I see more Camaro's than Mustangs or even Japanese coupes.. that in itself makes me less motivated in buying a Camaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray bullitt View Post
I don't get this, "I hate Ford blah blah blah". They're all just car companies making a product to entice you away from your money. Chevy make a damned nice car at the moment, but if Ford, Honda et al, made something similar I'd probably give it a go. Don't forget that many "Japanese" cars are made in America too (ie not imports), providing much needed employment.
don't mind him, he's a fanboi and requires constant justification on his brand preference..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Only see camaro's here and there in the New England area. Mustangs galore. I've yet to see another ZL1. Didn't make the car show in Hyannis (Cape Cod) last week, but someone told me they had three ZL1s. I sure want to see one on the road besides mine!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I disagree. Just depends on what direction they would have gone for the design. Design is key in appealing to the masses. If it doesn't appeal it won't sell, period. GM did a heck of a job on the design. I wasn't a fan of the Camaro until the 5th Gen, hopefully that carries over to the 6th Gen.
I agree and want to add that if the 2014 Camaro came out first before our beloved 2010 to 2013 sales would've been in the toilet and we all might be driving Mustangs now. ( ok maybe not 'Stangs but something else) I hope as others they return to an American sports car and not continue on the path of this European car crap, for the next Generation.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #22
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
I agree ....Had Chevy not brought back the camaro I'd venture to say at least half the camaro owners now....would be driving the mustang ...I'm guessing camaro sales at the end of the 4th gen were bad enough for GM to cancel the camaro....everybody wants the latest and the greatest...Go CAMARO ...ps....brought the wife home a 2014 GT 5.0 yesterday....ain't nothing slack about it...Chevy bringing back the camaro was the best thing for all muscle car enthusiast...even mopar had to join in
hunter1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
While still the lowest selling of the 3, the Challenger looks to be the only one still steadily climbing in sales each year according to the graph above... any reasoning behind that?
Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think the reason the 5 th gen has been such a sales success was Chevy performance had a big hole to fill in the lineup. The only true performance car Chevy had was the Corvette. And to many the Corvette was not something they wanted. When the Camaro came back they had something that fit so many desires in performance fans. From a 300+ HP entry level car to the 426HP LS3 SS there was basically a model everyone could afford and enjoy. Not to mention the takeoff on the first Gen styling that is one of the most desired 60's collector car now everyone that wished to own a first gen could now have a new car with the same appeal.
Now with the addition of the 1LE package, The ZL1 and soon the Z/28, the revival is complete.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #25
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Hating on a car that others love just as much as you do the Camaro is childish..

They all have there place, wether it be a Import, Ford, Dodge, etc. a world of only Camaros would suck!!

Some of you guys sound racist against other people's rides. Maybe time to grow up, and just be a car guy..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #26
suzook

Drives: camaro
My opinion is the 4th gen was so F'n ugly...thats what killed the camaro...if the 4th gen would have rolled right into the 5th...with no lapse...I think sales would be the same....Ugly car=NO sales.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
My opinion is the 4th gen was so F'n ugly...thats what killed the camaro...if the 4th gen would have rolled right into the 5th...with no lapse...I think sales would be the same....Ugly car=NO sales.
I actually liked the look of the 4th gen before 98. I considered buying a 95 model but as soon as I sat in it I hated it. I couldn't get comfortable. I think the seat was just too low in it for me. The 5th gen is perfect for me.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #28
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Funny, the 4th gen sold very well, along with the trans am..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote