Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2019, 06:14 PM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWentPunk View Post
Long tube headers mean that your current exhaust will not just slip in without modifications. Going shorties will give you that ability, and then no tuning required. For myself, my quote was about $500 for headers installation and replacing everything from the cats back to muffler.
What are you talking about? Long tube headers will bolt to stock exhaust without modification because they come with new high flow cats or off road cat deletes that bolt from the headers right to the stock or aftermarket exhaust.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:02 PM   #16
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
What are you talking about? Long tube headers will bolt to stock exhaust without modification because they come with new high flow cats or off road cat deletes that bolt from the headers right to the stock or aftermarket exhaust.
LTH don't come we with cats, but they can certainly be purchased as an add-on. Maybe some kits online are headers and cats but in my case, I purchased headers and then additionally, I went with HFC. Together, they were would not be a direct replacement because nothing would line up so I got all new cat back pipe and xpipe. I will use my existing mufflers.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #17
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWentPunk View Post
LTH don't come we with cats, but they can certainly be purchased as an add-on. Maybe some kits online are headers and cats but in my case, I purchased headers and then additionally, I went with HFC. Together, they were would not be a direct replacement because nothing would line up so I got all new cat back pipe and xpipe. I will use my existing mufflers.
Mine came with cats. I selected the option when ordering them. The only system that I know of that is typically recommended for long tubes that doesn’t come with cats as an option is Speed Engineering and they come with off road pipes that bolt right up to the factory exhaust. Shorty headers do not come with high flow cats or off road pipes because they bolt to the stock cats.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #18
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Mine came with cats. I selected the option when ordering them. The only system that I know of that is typically recommended for long tubes that doesn’t come with cats as an option is Speed Engineering and they come with off road pipes that bolt right up to the factory exhaust. Shorty headers do not come with high flow cats or off road pipes because they bolt to the stock cats.
You're correct, pyro. TSP long tube headers bolt right up with no modifications necessary. You can get the cats with them or the cat delete off-road pipes, two different options. The only modification I can think of that you would need to do is a tune, to get rid of the check engine light and to optimize your performance with the headers. But even then, its not a must, right away. I didn't get a tune for a while but my O2 sensors were bad by the time I did.
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #19
Savagehenry

Drives: 2015 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTLOL View Post
DIY! My fiance held them when I fed them from under the car. Literally all you need is an extra hand to hold them, jack stands, jack, and a beer. just get it high enough up off the ground.

Alright I’m feeling empowered now. How high do I need to get the car up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Savagehenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #20
stang stopper

Drives: 45th anniversary camaro ss
I just installed some on Monday took about 1h 30min.I jacked it up as high as my large floor jack would go. On the L99 I would recommend removing the plugs on the drivers side. I did the TSP 2" with no cats. It took me about as long to insert the oil stick as it did to install the headers...LOL
stang stopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #21
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkat View Post
I had mine installed along with new plugs and a tune. Paid a little over 800.
thats a decent price.

As for the OP, $200 is what it goes for in LA. It shouldnt cost anymore than that anywhere in the country. We get raped in pricing out here on everything.

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #22
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savagehenry View Post
Alright I’m feeling empowered now. How high do I need to get the car up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When we did mine, the bottom of the front tires was about 1 foot off the ground

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:12 PM   #23
Powered1le

Drives: 2014 2ss 1le
It's free if you do it yourself. It's not had to do at all just take your time and do it right the first time. I did money by myself and didn't even take the spark plugs out.
2014 camaro 2ss/rs 1le [muffler & resonator delete, x-pipe , roto fab cai, 305 35 r20 rear tire 285 35 r20 front goodyear f1 supercar,1 7/8" tsp long tube headers with high flow cats, tsp Prc heads, K1 rods, Wisco pistons, 522whp 495tq, dynojet, btr stage3 cam kit, arp head studs and arp bolts.
Powered1le is offline   Reply With Quote