Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #225
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I daily drive a CTS-V. The common materials (center stack, etc) across the CTS lineup date back to 2008. While they are not up to German and even Lexus luxury car standards, there is simply no comparison to Dodge. Chrysler may have an argument vs the outgoing CTS.

But they are not direct competitors. The SS is being imported on a limited basis. The Charger is mass produced. Only the SRT8 and SS will compete for the same buyer. Buyers have had 8+ years to buy the Charger. There are people (myself included) that never cared for the look or heft of them. Given the choice I would take the SS every time. And you are right, i am not buying one, but I know enough about the demographic, i am not THAT much younger than 40, wish i was. Challenger, mustang, or Camaro for me.

Speculation on your part. Simply put, you are not the target audience for the SS or SRT8 for that matter.

Looks are subjective and this is where we differ. You like the look of the Charger, I do not. To me the SS looks much more refined inside and out. I have always loved the Commodore VE, the Charger just never did anything for me. As someone who buys a new car every 2-3 years, I would lay down $44k of my own money for the SS. I would not for the Charger. It's that simple.
i am sorry, but in the current CTS, the materials are not that impressive, and you are corect the new CTS will blow away the 5 year old design and materials of the current CTS. And yes, it is all speculation right now, we will as I said, lets reveisit this after the SS has been out say, 6 months and see how it is doing. And opinions are great, that is why we have different cars, otherwise we would all be driving Camrys.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #226
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Well the general response has been pretty negative about this car. Mostly styling and especially the price.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130609918

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

Drop the price to 39900 and it stands a much better chance.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #227
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I don't think I have even mentioned the Charger in my last few posts but besides stated how unimpressive the SS looks compared to the rest of GMs lineup. You and your aunt are simply in the minority here so there is your opinions and people not knowing how to use them Ah, i love it when people resort to insults. Anyways, once you get into switching this and that you are no longer talking about the stock car, which is what the discussion has been about. You start making modifications and make the right decisions you can make almost any car look good compared to the stock version.
I don't need to modify the car,., I think it looks damn nice the way it is. Price?? Who cares?? If its what I want then I'm gonna buy it. As it stands my next car will be a StingRay Z51 fully loaded, and eventually an updated CTS-V Gen3
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #228
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
Well the general response has been pretty negative about this car. Mostly styling and especially the price.

I believe there is a wait list for the car. I'm thinking the limited allotment might be sold
Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #229
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
I believe there is a wait list for the car. I'm thinking the limited allotment might be sold
link?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #230
Stew

Quote:
I don't need to modify the car,., I think it looks damn nice the way it is. Price?? Who cares?? If its what I want then I'm gonna buy it. As it stands my next car will be a StingRay Z51 fully loaded, and eventually an updated CTS-V Gen3
Stingray and gen 3 CTS-V, now those are 2 good looking cars.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #231
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:

Negative? Care to provide some references? The two sources you provide are devoid of any actual impressions of the car, just re-hashing the GM press release. The people I have talked to who have actually seen the car and interior in person have had nothing but good things to say.

Drop the price of any car $5k and it stands a much better chance. Thank you for that insight

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #232
MEDISIN

Quote:
Our local dealer has allocation for 8, all of which are filled. Says they are selling for MSRP. They were trying to get 10k "market adjustment" on the Camaro in April 2009. Called one other dealer today and they only have allocation for 2, both filled.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
Old 06-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #233
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Quote:
Negative? Care to provide some references? The two sources you provide are devoid of any actual impressions of the car, just re-hashing the GM press release. The people I have talked to who have actually seen the car and interior in person have had nothing but good things to say.

Drop the price of any car $5k and it stands a much better chance. Thank you for that insight

Scroll button would be your friend. Scroll down and read the readers opinions. I think on both sites I read one positive comment on the car.

When the general concensus is this negative then something is not going to go well. Would you like me to post more or should you remove your homer glasses now?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #234
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Scroll button would be your friend. Scroll down and read the readers opinions. I think on both sites I read one positive comment on the car.

When the general concensus is this negative then something is not going to go well. Would you like me to post more or should you remove your homer glasses now?
Dude come on... listening to the opinions of most of those 10th graders one would automatically think that the Mazda 6 is the best selling car on the planet...
Old 06-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #235
MEDISIN

Quote:

So I'm supposed to believe the opinions of some twit that posts below a press release vs people I know and trust? Sorry. Please post what the automotive press, engineers, market experts and people with seat time actually have to say.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #236
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
....just like the Pontiac Solstice.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #237
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
We will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Yes, the car is expensive. But that is relative. It's only expensive if you compare it to the old outgoing Impala. It's only expensive compared to the Malibu. But let me tell you this, it's 10 grand less than my S4 and I can assure you that it is making me think. I still like the overall performance of the Audi, its size and FE relative to the sub 5 second 0-60. But it is making me think.

As for the styling it suits me to a T. It's classy and NOT over the top. The SRT8 is borderline cartoonish,, at least for me. The Dodge? Too aggressive. This car is clean and simple and it appeals to me for the same reason I think the Audi did. Simple, refined and classy.

I know there are a lot of people that always want a great car like this to be affordable. Usually they aren't.

I know a lot of people want bold styling. This is simply attractive and at the worst, un offensive.

I had some seat time in an automatic GXP. Mrs. Number 3 had one for a CTF just before she picked up a Camaro SS. It was frankly and awesome car. And short of a decent interior, it was as good as I can imagine without spending $20,000 more for a BMW 5 Series.

It has me thinking. Likely won't do anything but I am thinking.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #238
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Quote:
So I'm supposed to believe the opinions of some twit that posts below a press release vs people I know and trust? Sorry. Please post what the automotive press, engineers, market experts and people with seat time actually have to say.
Well if out of those hundreds of car enthusiasts where there is only one positive response, you don't see the potential for disaster then I can't help you man. Less than one percent of the people had anything good to say. Its not like it was a 50/50 split. Heck even if it was a 40/60 then chalk it up to consequence.

Instead you are the definitive answer to all of the world as to what they should believe is a good value or a good vehicle.

Whats more delusional, the fact that 99.99 percent of people commenting on a vehicle didn't like it for some reason, or that you believe you are right and the rest of the 99 percent is wrong.

Also, how did all the positive press and wonderful reivews go over for the sales of the G8. Don't sell me on the Pontiac was going under business either. It didn't sell.

I guess. So if it were 100 million people hating the vehicle with only 1 person liking it, would you still be right?

Personally I like this car a lot. I like what it offers that unfortunately I have learned to wish my Camaro had. I just want it to be priced more reasonably, and have a fatter tires. LOL