Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #141
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it runs good. I know how frustrating it is, happened with my Cobalt but it was a used car lot and they did pay for rebuilding my engine from the block up, they put me in a loaner car or 3, I had to take it back 3 times before they got it fixed right, it was a big hassle. The Cobalt ran fine for the 3 years I had it, once they got it fixed it stayed fixed. I hope your fresh hell is behind you.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #142
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Got it back, car seems to be running okay....as of now its a successful rebuild.
congrats man
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #143
senadin

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro M6 LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it runs good. I know how frustrating it is, happened with my Cobalt but it was a used car lot and they did pay for rebuilding my engine from the block up, they put me in a loaner car or 3, I had to take it back 3 times before they got it fixed right, it was a big hassle. The Cobalt ran fine for the 3 years I had it, once they got it fixed it stayed fixed. I hope your fresh hell is behind you.

Funny my Cobalt SS/SC had an engine blew up too!

Dealer got the engine replaced, gave me a loaner but it took them almost 3 weeks to get this done. I was quite happy at that point.

The real nasty bit is when i went to pick my car up, there were scratches on the paint, and about 4-5 dents at various place.

I went ape shit on them! I was like WTF did you do to my car!

They ended up fixing the screw ups, they paid 1 month payment and also replaced my windhsield who had a crack in it. That's on top of 2 oil changes.

Overall they did real good but unfortunately even though i am still quite happy with GM, i will NEVER return to that dealer. My trust in that dealer even though they made it right and beyond was shattered. My lease expires this January and my order for a new Camaro went to another dealer...
senadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #144
armando416

Drives: Camaro 2SS IBM/Grand Prix
Don't lemon laws in most states have some kind of limit how much time a vehicle can spend in the shop before it is considered a lemon? I'd check this site out:

http://www.carlemon.com/lemonguide.html

At the very least, I think you deserve some kind of compensation from GM for the time your car is spending in the shop, apart from the stupid rental car they are probably giving you. You paid for a car and it is depreciating while you are not even getting to enjoy using it! I would be furious if I had to drive around in a crappy rental for 45+ days while still making payments on my car.
armando416 is offline   Reply With Quote