Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #57
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I would assume they use the same info from the same source as my dealer did way back then. Whatever system my dealer used, is the info I used.

I doubt very seriously the info used in Chevroletconnects or Camarotracking is any more accurate than GMs info the dealers use.

In fact, I'd bet money on it. Why would it be? It continues to be innacurate even now. This thread is case in point. It's fun to play with I guess, but just a guessing game in the end.
Randy, We do use part of the same database that is available to the dealers.ie Global Connect. But also use part of the GM VTIM database for logistics information. We also use direct database information from AAG and Cassens. All this is merged together to provide as much and as accurate of information that is available. On the OP's car and others some delays are seen for example. On a Saturday delivery you cant expect to drive home from the dealer and pull up the status and see that it has been updated. Dealers post on their system that the car has arrived and been delivered. But information is not downloaded into the main system until the night of the actual event. Same thing is true of being built. Factories send over the days production in a data pack which is then loaded onto the system in the middle of the night. Same is true of rail companies. Send over data packet and it is loaded that night. None of it is instantainious.

However in this situation clearly the OP could have checked his status and seen the delivery information provided by AAG and posted on his update page.

So as we have stated before....Same data as available to the dealer network however their data ends at 3800, ours merges and continues with GM logistics data. All data is as close as the input data allows which is usually the following morning when uploaded onto GM's systems. Then throw ontop of that our exclusive AAG and Cassens trucking updates...well need I say more.

Here is the OP's status report and History...once dealer input the data...which was probably done by the inventory manager when he got around to it....it updated no problem.

VIN: 2G1FT3DW1B9160956
Order Number: PHNG3Q
Status 02/26/2011 - (6000) Vehicle delivered to customer or dealer has completed customer paperwork.
Checked on 03/01/2011

VIN 2G1FT3DW1B9160956
Origin City ORLANDO
ST FL
DestCity SAINT CLOUD
ST FL
Receive 02/23/11
Dispatch 02/26/11
Delivery 02/26/11
Status Shippable
Powered by AAG

11/16/2010 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.
11/16/2010 - (1102) Order entered via web.
11/24/2010 - (2030) Order edited or modified.
12/13/2010 - (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.
12/15/2010 - (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
12/15/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
12/17/2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
12/17/2010 - (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
01/06/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
01/12/2011 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
01/29/2011 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
01/29/2011 - (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
02/04/2011 - (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.
02/10/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. For Cadillac, GMC and Buick customers, please contact your dealer or customer service for further updates as no further updates available at this time.
02/14/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship.
02/14/2011 - (4104) Bailment invoice created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
02/14/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
02/15/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
02/15/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
02/16/2011 - (4106) Bailment released (vehicle has left plant property).
02/16/2011 - (4150) Invoiced (order is invoiced to the dealer).
02/23/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by truck, rail or transfer to vendor.
02/23/2011 - (4800) Rail ramp unload. Vehicle has been unloaded from train.
02/26/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
02/26/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
02/26/2011 - (6000) Vehicle delivered to customer or dealer has completed customer paperwork.

Now all I can say is. Find me any other source for this information that is available to the general population and that is readily available 24 hours 7 days a week to assist GM customers track their sold retail orders...Not only for Camaros but every model GM makes. We have now tracked over 23000 cars for customers. If you know of any please post em up cause we would love to see our competition. Oh and also the service is free and has no spam or advertising. Imagine that! We do it because like you all we are enthusiasts and we do care about GM and its success and its customers.
Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #58
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandFifthGen View Post
Understand...thanks for the explanations of how it works. And it is definitely true, that once the vehicle arrives, many dealers just do not update/input the final codes...they probably figure why bother...car delivered.
You are welcome and good point, the most important thing is that the customer has the vehicle as soon as possible. Eventually, the information is updated accordingly. Kudos to the OP's dealership which delivered the car on a Saturday.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #59
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post

However in this situation clearly the OP could have checked his status and seen the delivery information provided by AAG and posted on his update page.

This is a rather misleading statement as, until this morning (3/1/11) the status had not updated since the railyard arrival (4800)...being the 4th day after delivery.

As previously stated, my OP was to inform anyone else who was hanging on these updates, that they might not be timely/acurate to that day, or within several days for that matter... or even in the current order.

I would tend to agree that, while maybe not under direct control of GM, someone in the chain of command needs to get onto these third party companies, (dealers, trasnports etc) and ensure they are doing thier jobs properly and inputting data in a timely fashion, otherwise; why have a public tracking tool?
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #60
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
You are welcome and good point, the most important thing is that the customer has the vehicle as soon as possible. Eventually, the information is updated accordingly. Kudos to the OP's dealership which delivered the car on a Saturday.

Starling Chevrolet in Saint Cloud...

Couldn't ask for a better dealer experience!!!!
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #61
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
This is a rather misleading statement as, until this morning (3/1/11) the status had not updated since the railyard arrival (4800)...being the 4th day after delivery.

As previously stated, my OP was to inform anyone else who was hanging on these updates, that they might not be timely/acurate to that day, or within several days for that matter... or even in the current order.

I would tend to agree that, while maybe not under direct control of GM, someone in the chain of command needs to get onto these third party companies, (dealers, trasnports etc) and ensure they are doing thier jobs properly and inputting data in a timely fashion, otherwise; why have a public tracking tool?
To be fair, your car was delivered on a Saturday. Do you understand what that implies? Dealers have skeleton staff on hand and transport companies admin staff do not work on Saturdays. Nobody works on Sundays so obviously, nothing will be updated until Monday.

Misleading is implying that your scenario occurs with everyone regardless of what day they receive their car.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #62
1981 Z28
TRIPLE BLACK 2SS/RS VERT

Drives: 1981 Z28 Blue with Blue Stripes
I would personally like to THANK all that are involved in making Camarotracking.com what it is!!!!!!!!! Without this site I know I would be going completely INSANE!!!!!!!!! I am sure that everyone else would agree with me.

1981 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #63
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
If someone's vehicle arrives at the dealership before the information is in the system, where's the issue? The dealer would immediately contact the customer (as they did with the OP). Not sure why you take issue with that.

Eventually the system is updated accordingly. That has zero impact on when the customer receives their vehicle. This thread is more about understanding the process then the system being broken.
Wow.

Seems you are the one taking issue.

I don't give a shit either way. I have my car. But in business and in personal dealings, I've found that the system is rarely broke in only one direction. If there is erroneous info I will always question the source. Simple as that. Why do you care so much?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #64
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Wow.

Seems you are the one taking issue.

I don't give a shit either way. I have my car. But in business and in personal dealings, I've found that the system is rarely broke in only one direction. If there is erroneous info I will always question the source. Simple as that. Why do you care so much?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #65
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Randy, We do use part of the same database that is available to the dealers.ie Global Connect. But also use part of the GM VTIM database for logistics information. We also use direct database information from AAG and Cassens. All this is merged together to provide as much and as accurate of information that is available. On the OP's car and others some delays are seen for example. On a Saturday delivery you cant expect to drive home from the dealer and pull up the status and see that it has been updated. Dealers post on their system that the car has arrived and been delivered. But information is not downloaded into the main system until the night of the actual event. Same thing is true of being built. Factories send over the days production in a data pack which is then loaded onto the system in the middle of the night. Same is true of rail companies. Send over data packet and it is loaded that night. None of it is instantainious.

So as we have stated before....Same data as available to the dealer network however their data ends at 3800, ours merges and continues with GM logistics data. All data is as close as the input data allows which is usually the following morning when uploaded onto GM's systems. Then throw ontop of that our exclusive AAG and Cassens trucking updates...well need I say more.

Here is the OP's status report and History...once dealer input the data...which was probably done by the inventory manager when he got around to it....it updated no problem.

VIN: 2G1FT3DW1B9160956
Order Number: PHNG3Q
Status 02/26/2011 - (6000) Vehicle delivered to customer or dealer has completed customer paperwork.
Checked on 03/01/2011

VIN 2G1FT3DW1B9160956
Origin City ORLANDO
ST FL
DestCity SAINT CLOUD
ST FL
Receive 02/23/11
Dispatch 02/26/11
Delivery 02/26/11
Status Shippable