Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Kohdaa

Drives: 2011 Imperial Blue Metall RS Camaro
Any Ideas?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any good ideas of what to do to the outside of my car to make it look better such as stripes and any thing else. Any ideas appreciated thanks. I have a 2011 camaro which is a metallic blue.
Kohdaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
New wheels, stripes, window tint, lower it, new spoiler, new front fascia......your options are endless.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Kohdaa

Here is the car, btw im new so this is my first time so im a little confused.

This is it.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Kohdaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
New wheels, stripes, window tint, lower it, new spoiler, new front fascia......your options are endless.
Yea i know all of that stuff, but I'm saying with color what kind of stripes and what color stripes and stuff like that. Thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
SoTHavok

Drives: 1
personally i'd go with blacking it out as i do most cars. imo black "hash" marks are very cool stripes. Halo's from Oracle. Rims lowering etc.
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Black stripes done really show up on blue does it...Maybe white?? I would definetly get the heritage grill. If dont stripe look into Hex vents. Get some Halos from AAC for the fogs and Headlights. Black out the bowtie or if going heritage grill then do no front badge or something more custom. Change out the side markers to LED from AAC. Hex vents are TOP QUALITY one of the best after market mods I have seen around. Do a search. It involves cutting the hood but looks great and will set the car apart from many. Here is my Hex vents below in middle of hood. You can also see the heritage grill and the T3 ports with lighting
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Kohdaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Black stripes done really show up on blue does it...Maybe white?? I would definetly get the heritage grill. If dont stripe look into Hex vents. Get some Halos from AAC for the fogs and Headlights. Black out the bowtie or if going heritage grill then do no front badge or something more custom. Change out the side markers to LED from AAC. Hex vents are TOP QUALITY one of the best after market mods I have seen around. Do a search. It involves cutting the hood but looks great and will set the car apart from many. Here is my Hex vents below in middle of hood. You can also see the heritage grill and the T3 ports with lighting
Yea definitely do white over black because black would barely show, and did you cut your hood yourself or did you have it done? Seems difficult, also i had already planned on changing the color of chevy emblem and doing white stripes but idk if the stripes that stop at hood are good or the ones that go all the way down the car to bumper. Like this picture or something else that will stop at hood like most.Thanks
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
CamaroI

I had a shop cut the hood for me. Didnt want to take on that job. Any body shop should be able to do that you think is reliable. As for the stripes all the way down looks more aggressive but all personal taste. I used to have stripes and now running without them for awhile. I still cant decide what to put on hood with all the cutouts now so leaving blank.
I almost think the traditional white Hockey stripes might look best without extending all the way down.
You could always have Vinyl stipes in white placed (Traditional Hockey) and then remove them down the road if wanting to change. Cost is under $500 from what I hear? Buff car and back to bare body.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
If you want that sporty look over the old look, I'd do some hash marks and hood spears instead. I feel like those look more sporty and the classic stripes look more "heritage" if that makes sense

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
Kohdaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
If you want that sporty look over the old look, I'd do some hash marks and hood spears instead. I feel like those look more sporty and the classic stripes look more "heritage" if that makes sense
I have never seen good spears so I am not sure what they look like, but the hash marks are the three lines in the front fenders right?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
CamaroI

Not a fan of hash marks!! To much like a challenger
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohdaa View Post
I have never seen good spears so I am not sure what they look like, but the hash marks are the three lines in the front fenders right?
My stripes are hood spears.

Quote:
Not a fan of hash marks!! To much like a challenger
They actually come from a Grand Sport Corvette.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
You could think of a really cool Chopper you like, then mod the CAR to look like the MOTORCYCLE. Repaint your brand new car, rivet a bunch of scrap metal on the car in various spots, do a few bolt on performance mods, then sell it for $30K over retail price, and advertise for it on TV so that people will think it's actually a good deal.

What, Too Soon?

Tags
2011, camaro, cosmetics, custom, ideas