Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Camaro Tech Far Exceeds Expecations

I have to say, with my 2SS, the tech in this car is absolutely amazing. Car automatically detects my Blackberry and all of my business contacts after being paired only once. It then has incredible voice recognition that pulls those contacts names out when spoken aloud, accurately recognizes said names and dials the correct numbers. Outstanding!

On-Star is truly awesome as well. Calling On-Star for directions not only sent accurate directions to the center dashboard display, but also flipping through the vehicle information display between the speedometer and the tachometer will give you those same directions, putting them right in front of you for added convenience. This way you can focus on messing with the radio without fear of losing your directions or dangerously flipping between your music and directions. Man, I love this car for the tech just about as much as I love it for the looks/sound/feel and comfort!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Sweet

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
SS_in_Black

Drives: 2SS Black over Inferno Orange
Agreed! I sold my Cadillac CTS which had more bells and whistles but most of which I didn't use. The Camaro has just the right touch of techno! Have you found your USB port yet?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
This is the reason I am getting the 2SS. Once you have used the bluetooth feature you never want to go without it.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Awesome!!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #6
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_in_Black View Post
Agreed! I sold my Cadillac CTS which had more bells and whistles but most of which I didn't use. The Camaro has just the right touch of techno! Have you found your USB port yet?
You know, I have, but the indexing feature goes batty with certain USB flash media. The Corsair Voyager Mini-USB flash drives are particularly a problem. The list just craps out on me and I can't see anything on the display though I can cycle through the music. Well, they are of an odd design as flash media goes anyway.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I have to say, with my 2SS, the tech in this car is absolutely amazing. Car automatically detects my Blackberry and all of my business contacts after being paired only once. It then has incredible voice recognition that pulls those contacts names out when spoken aloud, accurately recognizes said names and dials the correct numbers. Outstanding!

On-Star is truly awesome as well. Calling On-Star for directions not only sent accurate directions to the center dashboard display, but also flipping through the vehicle information display between the speedometer and the tachometer will give you those same directions, putting them right in front of you for added convenience. This way you can focus on messing with the radio without fear of losing your directions or dangerously flipping between your music and directions. Man, I love this car for the tech just about as much as I love it for the looks/sound/feel and comfort!
which blackberry? I have a curve and the car doesn't pick up the contacts on the phone....
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
I paired both my wife's and my iphone with her car. I did her's first as it is her Camaro, tested it and it worked great, then after reading the instructions and seeing that the car would let you pair up to 5 phones I went ahead and paired mine as well for those times that I get to drive the car. The other day we were both in the car ( I was driving) and her phone rang and the blue tooth refused to pick up her call, then when she answered her phone it was all buggy until she turned off the blue tooth feature. Not sure what the problem is.

We also had a fight with the "nav" the other day, we somehow accidentally turned it on and had a heck of a time turning it off, we followed the instructions, pushed the phone button and said cancel route, and it kept going.... had to pepeat about 10 times before it finally worked ! Kind of funny afterwords, I had to talk to it in a very firm voice, I thoght I was training our dog or something ! lol.

I love the tech stuff ! Our Tahoe is fully loaded and we use everything ! Give me a couple of days with the car to get everything dialed in and I will be a happy camper !

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
[QUOTE=mutant chicken;652510]I paired both my wife's and my iphone with her car. I did her's first as it is her Camaro, tested it and it worked great, then after reading the instructions and seeing that the car would let you pair up to 5 phones I went ahead and paired mine as well for those times that I get to drive the car. The other day we were both in the car ( I was driving) and her phone rang and the blue tooth refused to pick up her call, then when she answered her phone it was all buggy until she turned off the blue tooth feature. Not sure what the problem is.[QUOTE]

The car can pair 5 diff devices; yes but you can only use one at a time. If both phones are in the car and both have BT turned on it will mess up the phone it doesn't choose to sync with. So if you get in the car first and turn it on, the car will auto' look for your phone, and if your wife gets in the car last the car will stick with the first sync'd device...Once in the car you can then choose which phone to use.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Thanks !

I'll just keep mine turned off if we are going out together. Shoud the phone automactically sync back up with the car ? She had turned her phone blue tooth off so she could recieve the call, but now that I am out of the car and have mine turned off I want her to be able to use this feature. Or do I need to resync her phone ?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant chicken View Post
Thanks !

I'll just keep mine turned off if we are going out together. Shoud the phone automactically sync back up with the car ? She had turned her phone blue tooth off so she could recieve the call, but now that I am out of the car and have mine turned off I want her to be able to use this feature. Or do I need to resync her phone ?
No, you should be able to turn BT on your phone off and the car will look for the next one. If it does not find one it will stand by until one becomes avail. But you can cycle through the BT options on the car to tell it which one to use. But i know it gets confused if 2 BT device are synce'd to the car and it is trying t ochoose one. Best mode of operation, turn off one of the other phones sync'd to the car and you will be good.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #12
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Thanks !

Old 07-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #13
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
which blackberry? I have a curve and the car doesn't pick up the contacts on the phone....
I have a Blackberry 8350i with Sprint/Nextel as my service provider. Make sure you are speaking the commands properly. Press the phone button on the steering wheel, say "BLUETOOTH," then "PAIR" if not already paired. Then say "VOICE," then the name of the contact on your list. It should work fine bro. Let me know if any of this helps. Took me a little while to figure it out.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #14
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I love the Bluetooth, and it's been something everyone that I show it to likes as well. Paired with my new LG enV Touch easily.

The USB port works fine with my iPod Touch, but won't recognize the external USB powered hard drive I really wanted to put in it.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:03/31/2009 (or shortly before)
3100 = Sequenced: ????
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 04/18/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 04/28/2009
3800 = Produced: 05/05/09 VIN#7607
4150 = Invoiced: 05/15/09 (dealer received)
4200 = Shipped: 05/05/09 (according to the dealer)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 05/26/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 05/26/09
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote