Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
GFD70 SS

Drives: Chevy Trailblazer SS
3M vs. Xpel Protection Film

I am looking for everyone's opinion that have had either brand installed. I have found a few dealers in my area that do installations but I have a few questions:
-What parts of the Camaro did you get covered ( I am thinking front bumper, mirrors, rear quater panels, bottom of door panels)
-What made you go with one brand over the other
-How noticable is the film
-How has it held up
-What did you end up paying

I am in the NYC area so if you have any recommendations on dealers please let me know.

I know there are others threads on this topic but I am curious to hear everyones reviews on 3M and Xpel.

I should also add I have a Summit White ZL1. Does the color of the car affect how noticable the film is?
GFD70 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Minge

Drives: 2013 2SS
I put xpel on the front bumper, hood, full front fenders, gill area and around the flared rear wheel openings. It looks fantastic and it performs much better then 3m in my opinion. I have 3m on two other daily drivers. I really prefer the xpel over the 3m both in looks and performance. It was not cheap it was almost a grand for what I did but it was well worth it. It is not noticeable at all on my inferno orange. Xpel makes as wax that you can apply on the film. It shines ver nicely, I am happy with my choice to use xpel on my Camaro.

The gill areas will chip like crazy if you don't protect it.
Minge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I have Xpel and love it! Full hood, front bumper, fenders, rockers, gills, doors. You would never see it if you weren't looking for it. It makes driving the car more relaxing for me since it doesn't bother me hearing road gravel under the car now. The Xpel does self heal, a huge plus. And the sealant they sell is reasonably priced and easy to use. It was not cheap to install. But should fetch me a few extra bucks when I sell the car some day with a perfect paint job.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
leonm47

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 LT2-RS
I had 3M on my 08 Vette if was OK but after about two years it started going bad., turning colors and pealing. Now on the CAMARO I have Xpel and it looks great.

2013 IOM LT2/RS, American Racing Daytona Wheels,Factory Ground Effects, LED Tail Lights,FlowMaster's, Stripe Package.
leonm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
I have xpel on my front bumper and love it a good install will be basically invisible. Take a look at www.automobiliaautosalon.com they are in west haven CT probably about an hour away from you. Their work is second to none and they are the only ones I let touch my car.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Xpel by a country mile.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
GFD70 SS

Drives: Chevy Trailblazer SS
Thank you for all of your responses! I think I've made up my mind!!
GFD70 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
use the stealth expel ftw
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote