Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #29
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Cool, can't wait to see them.I am working on my fogs right now. Even worse you have to cut them open with a saw or dremel. I have seen them done on a bandsaw and figured I would give it a new twist so I cut mine open today on a wet tile saw. They came out excellent.The wet saw leaves a nice clean edge, I didn't even need to sand or file them after. All I needed to do was to clean a few burs of plastic off with an razor knife.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #30
Germy2011

Drives: 2015 Summit White Camaro LS Coupe
here are a couple pics!
Attached Images

Germy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:41 PM   #31
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS

Have you tried the NightOwl version...says you don't have to bake the lights...
https://nightowlleds.com/kits/halo-kit-v2

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:23 PM   #32
davesnever

Well if you don't open the headlight housings I suppose you are just putting them on the outside which doesn't appeal to me but i would be interested to see a set installed.I checked the link and the description is pretty vague lol.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #33
davesnever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germy2011 View Post
here are a couple pics!
Lookin good and the color compliments your car nicely!
Old 03-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #34
CodieG95

Drives: 2014 Camaro Ls Manual
Those lights use a already RS car and connect to the halos and change the color. Germy was putting halos into a non RS camaro which does require baking the headlights no matter what company.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #35
Germy2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodieG95 View Post
Those lights use a already RS car and connect to the halos and change the color. Germy was putting halos into a non RS camaro which does require baking the headlights no matter what company.
Codie,

Hence our lights are illegal, how did you wire them and do you have a switch? can i PM you my number to text?
Old 03-29-2016, 05:16 PM   #36
CodieG95

Drives: 2014 Camaro Ls Manual
Quote:
Codie,

Hence our lights are illegal, how did you wire them and do you have a switch? can i PM you my number to text?
I have the Colorshift version so i can turn it off and on and change the color with a remote or with the box it came with. I typically run green almost always while driving besides at night when i'm using the actual headlights and i'l put it to run through all the colors when im parked just to get some looks I haven't had any problems so far. although if you are using them at night and want the headlights off switch your headlights to running lights only so that you dont get pulled over for having no licence plate light on lol had that happen once.
If you'd like to send me your number i've got no problem helping out in any way.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #37
davesnever

Quote:
Codie,

Install your own switch to power them independently so you have full control all the time.Here is where I put mine.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2016, 04:53 PM   #38
davesnever

Ok here is pic of what I mean.Hope this makes sense to you.Orange line is what you tap into in console.Run wire fom there to switch then from other side of switch to LEDS. You can ground the LEDS anywhere you want. You also need a ground wire for the switch light. But when you pop off the side panel on the console you will see there is a ground post close to your foot to connect to.Cant remember exactly which color wire in console I tapped into so not necessarily orange.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2016, 05:23 PM   #39
Germy2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
Ok here is pic of what I mean.Hope this makes sense to you.Orange line is what you tap into in console.Run wire fom there to switch then from other side of switch to LEDS. You can ground the LEDS anywhere you want. You also need a ground wire for the switch light. But when you pop off the side panel on the console you will see there is a ground post close to your foot to connect to.Cant remember exactly which color wire in console I tapped into so not necessarily orange.
this sounds so clean to me now! Awesome, I cant wait for my switch to come in tomorrow! I will keep you updated with pictures. Thanks a lot Dave!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #40
davesnever

Quote:
this sounds so clean to me now! Awesome, I cant wait for my switch to come in tomorrow! I will keep you updated with pictures. Thanks a lot Dave!
OK just looked up wiring diagram although it is from 2010 LS and it shows that the 2 outlets in the console are powered by 2 different wires, one outlet is green wire and the second outlet is green wire with white stripe. So if wiring is the same on your 2015 then either of those wires would be fine to tap into for a positive power source.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #41
davesnever

2 different ways to wire the switch
Top view shows the switch light always on
Bottom view shows the switch light only on when switch is activated

The last unused terminal is used if you want to reverse the switch so that it would be activated with the switch up and then shut off when you press switch down, but I am sure you don't want that.

Personally I chose(top option) always on so I could see the switch lit up at night whether it is on or off
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #42
Germy2011

Dave,

Wanted to chime in for an update. It took us about an hour or so to set it up! I dont know why my friend had a hard time figuring out the diagram, but everything works wonderfully. I will post pictures when i can! I love the button! Great recommendation.

Tags
halo, lights, oracle