Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-26-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
MiBowtie

Drives: Camaro 1LT RS
Will They Stop Producing The Camaro?

First, thank you for all of the great information that I receive here!

I just happened to be browsing the forum and it occurred to me - is the Camaro in trouble of no longer being built at some point in the near future? I don't mean now, I have been following the info on the 2019 closely, but it seems to me that except for all of us there is very little interest in the car.

There are also several cars of this type all competing for a very small market niche.

We all know the that the 2019 has not been received well, but what is more alarming is the way that I see Camaros sitting on dealers lots and then if they really want to sell them having to practically give them away.

In my area, if you are looking for an SUV the dealers have hundreds available, but if you are looking for (not ordering) a Camaro a dealer may have 3 at most.

I am just concerned as I really love the car as well all do!
MiBowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #2
ZBov82

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I'm actively looking for a 2SS Camaro in Ohio. From my perspective, dealers having to practically give Camaros away isn't the problem right now. The problem is they're too expensive when compared to the competition to begin with.

Ford's pricing on Mustangs is very aggressive in my area due to the incentives they are running. The Camaro SS is the better performing car versus the Mustang GT - that's why I'm looking for a Camaro. At the same time, there's an almost fully loaded Mustang GT in my area (magneride, performance pack, etc) that's 16% below MSRP on the internet price. In comparison, comparably equipped Camaro SS's are running at a ~7% discount to MSRP at best. From a buyer's perspective, its really hard to feel like you're getting a good deal when there's such a price dislocation.

Bottom line, the Camaro is mispriced and that's going to impact your sales in a big way. I don't think dealers are having to give them away (in my area at least), they're just getting haggled down to a fair price.
ZBov82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #3
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBov82 View Post
I'm actively looking for a 2SS Camaro in Ohio. From my perspective, dealers having to practically give Camaros away isn't the problem right now. The problem is they're too expensive when compared to the competition to begin with.

Ford's pricing on Mustangs is very aggressive in my area due to the incentives they are running. The Camaro SS is the better performing car versus the Mustang GT - that's why I'm looking for a Camaro. At the same time, there's an almost fully loaded Mustang GT in my area (magneride, performance pack, etc) that's 16% below MSRP on the internet price. In comparison, comparably equipped Camaro SS's are running at a ~7% discount to MSRP at best. From a buyer's perspective, its really hard to feel like you're getting a good deal when there's such a price dislocation.

Bottom line, the Camaro is mispriced and that's going to impact your sales in a big way. I don't think dealers are having to give them away (in my area at least), they're just getting haggled down to a fair price.
Exactly. Hard to justify getting a 2SS when a GTPP can be had for $12k (or more) less than the Camaro. I love the Camaro and all, but I don't think it's $12k+ better than a GTPP.

One of the few things keeping me from pulling the trigger on a 2SS, along with the horrid resale.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
Quix

Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
I think you guys have a point on price, if I hadn't negotiated a huge discount on my car (25%) the Mustang would have been just too good a value to pass up.

The 2SS is so expensive that you can compare it to an Audi S5 (I know it's not as fast, but it is the more conventional choice at that price).
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Price was a major factor my 2SS vert came in around $53k, I was able to get it at a much lower price up in Michigan brand new. B ut I will say I believe 100% that price is the reason why sales are as low as they are. Otherwise this is an outstanding car far better than my 2010 Camaro was in every way.