Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Cooling Fan won’t turn off!

Hi looking for suggestions etc. I have 2013 SS 1le. When I turn car off cooling fan stays on for hours. I think last night they may have stayed on all night until battery died. If I’m looking at right fuses, fuse 41 and 44 under the hood look fine. Just pulled fuse #44(Cool Fan low(30A) and fans finally shut off, as soon as I put fuse #44 back in, fans come back on Any suggestions on what the problem is? Thanks
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
must be some type of sensor that tells the fan to turn on/off .im thinking yours might have gone bad.water temp has been normal,and not high?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #3
Texas_RS

Yes I haven’t gotten any coolant lights or anything. Not overheating, and I just noticed today after I had to jump car after it was completely dead. Fans ran all night, and still going today. I pulled fuse #44 and they turn off, at this point I left that fuse out and just parked car until I can figure out what’s going on. Idk what relays are located etc. I did try to trace wires running from two fans back to fuse area but didn’t see anything that looked burnt, cut or anything. But I’m thinking it does have something to do with whatever cuts the fans on/off
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i would think the sensor would be screwed into the radiator or thermostat housing area.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #5
Texas_RS

Anyone know location of fan relay switches?
Old 06-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Probably fan relay stuck closed or the coolant temp sensor is bad.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I belive they are 41 and 44 in the fuse box in the engine compartment. One is low speed and one is high.

K612 and k614
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote