Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 06-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
SpkCamaro12

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS - Traded In
Recommendation for Dealership?

On the edge and thinking about trading my LT AGAIN...every time I look at SS I just wish I had one. I am thinking / looking into maybe going to a 2013 or even 2012 if I can get a better deal on a 2SS w/ Sunroof (pref). Any1 recommend a dealer that is good on trade in prices? KBB says I should be able to get around 23k-24k.

I bought mine (paid full) from Gordon Chevrolet. I know Stingray is a pretty big dealership.
TRADED IN - 2012 2LT RS - VMAX Throttle Body - MRT V1 - CAI - Trifecta Tune - Matching Interior Lightning (Footwells and Dome) - Sequential Taillights - Blacked out Front n Back Bowties - 228VX Train Horn

Traded for 2011 Corvette

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7428/sig2gx.jpg
SpkCamaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
We did auto way and got good trade in value for our car. I'd shop it around, we checked out gm lots, car max, etc to see which way would give us best value
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I got the best trade in and best sales price on my last two cars at Stingray.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Starling gave me a great trade in price on mine when I moved to my ZL1
Old 06-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I used Castriota Chevrolet in Hudson, FL good dealership, I have used Starling Chevrolet in St. Cloud many times when I purchased new cars in 05, 06, and 07. I have not been back to them since then as any new vehicle I purchase (Chevy) will be from Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet in Michigan.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I'll also throw Starling Chevrolet in St. Cloud in the mix. They're an excellent group and they gave me top dollar for the Volvo XC60 I traded in when I bought my SS.

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Rosner Chevrolet has been very good and no issues with service. Very Mod friendly!
http://www.rosnerchevrolet.com/index.htm

I am not just posting this because they sponsor our Space Coast Camaros Club
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpkCamaro12 View Post
On the edge and thinking about trading my LT AGAIN...every time I look at SS I just wish I had one. I am thinking / looking into maybe going to a 2013 or even 2012 if I can get a better deal on a 2SS w/ Sunroof (pref). Any1 recommend a dealer that is good on trade in prices? KBB says I should be able to get around 23k-24k.

I bought mine (paid full) from Gordon Chevrolet. I know Stingray is a pretty big dealership.
when I was valuing trade in I got most from Stingray Bartow/Ferman for base offer.. however these were not negotiated..

my advice is to bring KBB, Edmunds as well as blackbook values to back up why your requested value is fair..

also, i recommend Truecar.com for guaranteed savings on a vehicle if new.. it even beats out Aol.auto's invoice price with options at invoice as well for my 1LE

if I had to rank

1. Gordon
I got my 2LT at Gordon.. but sadly the man (Tom) who made it happen is gone.. really nice guy everyone else are sharks but still better than others
they were easy getting them to agree on my price.. then again I showed them what other dealerships were offering

2. stingray PC/Bartow
wouldn't order a car for me when other dealers would.. Pat Crook (funny last name) forgot about me.. drawback to Stingray are the hours.. no sunday and are only open to 7

Ferman/Regal tied for last
Ferman- my experience from ferman was terrible.. fell through on a deal when they said they needed $1000 to ship and then said my vehicle was unavailable.. stay away from Pete.. he will just aggravate you with his smug quick tongue
Regal- stay away form their Pete as well... countless lies.. that place applied for credit approval on a day when I wasn't even there.. My first visit, older guy told me they don't do test drives..

I called Daniels asking about a special order but they didn't sound like they wanted business. Only dealership in area I didn't step foot in.
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Starling gave me a great trade in price on mine when I moved to my ZL1
Agreed!

I had the best buying experience from Starling! I even went back to buy my wife's SUV this year from them, even being 100+ miles away! Worked the entire deal via text message and email, including her trade. Found her car in another part of Fl and had it waiting w a big red bow for us to pick up on Saturday! Phenomenal experience on both cars. I specifically used Dave Holoweicki for both deals. He's at the Kissimee dealership off 192.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
There's some bargains on here from time to time from individuals....if I had it to do again I'd buy a one owner with low miles...only problem is you have one you need to unload...no trade-ins here
hunter1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
Abundant Meat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
If you contact me I'll get you a forum discount at Ferman Chevrolet. I guarantee no games will be played.

I've been a member on this forum since March 2013 (I bought my Camaro in February), but haven't gotten around to posting. I'm on here all the time though reading all of the great information you guys post. Its helped me a ton in the decision making with my own camaro.
Abundant Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #12
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Double for Starling great deal on my 1LE and just got my wife a RS no games with them
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I had a good experience at Regal Chevrolet in Lakeland a little over a year ago. Got a trade-in quote through auto-trader for my 2LT convertible which they honored, I found the 2SS I wanted on their lot, gave them a firm offer over the phone and made a deal in about 20 minutes. They had a great selection the last time I was there for service a month or so ago, including a Hot Wheels special edition.

Rodney at Don Mealey Chevrolet in Clermont was a good guy to deal with. I originally bought my 2LT from him and a great price.