Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Rule #1:

A dealer will NEVER lose money on a car trade.

They will make you believe you are their best friend and the only person in the world getting this deal.
When everything is said and done, they will make money off of you.
Well yea, that's kinda how business works, but there's always a chance, no matter how small, of both parties getting a good deal. What I owe on my current car is already less than market value(for trade in, not just public sale value) but not by enough that trading it in would be worth it to me. But if for some reason the dealership gives me a bit closer to sale value of my car then it might be beneficial for my current situation to make a deal(again, I know I'd still be losing some money in the long run, but I'm more concerned with the present) and they could still turn around and sell it for market pricing and make money. So yes, while I know it's unlikely to make out better after a trade in and I don't expect any sort of miracle, it's worth a shot to see.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #16
CookieCk

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
Think about this for a second....do you really think the dealership is going to buy your used car at a higher price than you would pay for the brand new one? Not going to happen.
Just re-read this, and I think you misunderstood my original post. I said the offer they gave me is $6,000 more then what I owe, not more then the price of the new vehicle. That $6,000 difference would then basically be my down payment(with maybe $1000 more), and on a $23,000 car that would be more than 25% down for the loan. I put $4,000 down on my car, hence why my monthly payments would go down(same car, right about the same price, bigger down payment) and since I had no credit score then(first loan, didn't bother getting a credit card til a few months ago) I could probably get a better interest rate now as well.

But anyways, my post wasn't to ask about what deal I may or may not get, I just wanted to know about the hill start assist mainly cause that has an effect on how I value the car.
CookieCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
jpwickl

Drives: 2013 2LT Convertible
Even though you really didn't ask for my opinion on your email, ignore it. They have your phone number, and home address. Beware of emails.
jpwickl is offline   Reply With Quote