Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 AM   #29
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
OP, sorry to say but I think the insurance co will want to total it and write you a check. Make them give you more than their first offer or fight for a repair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Does not matter If he was not speeding. He was still going to fast. Rainy weather means hydroplaning. You have to slow down to avoid it. 20 miles slower he might not have wrecked he car and risked injuries.
I salute you cpt hindsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
I've driven in Bahrain on wet roads before. Why is it your roads turn to snot when they get wet? They're the same way in the Baltic countries. I had a hard time keeping a Landcruiser on the blacktop! It felt better driving in the sand!

Glad you're OK. How does your insurance work over there? Hope all is fixed quick.
The composite has alot to do with it. My hometown is switching to blacktop highways and they are crap comparitively..
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #30
messi

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via MSN to messi Send a message via Skype™ to messi
Thanks for all your kind wishes. To answer most of you, speed was probably between 35miles to 40 miles. Before I hit the tree, the car was spinning and the air bags didn't deploy. I have no idea what the insurance company is going to do. One question in my mind I have is that will the car run like it used to after such impact? I'm starting to think I don't want it anymore because the impact was so hard. The tire wasn't bent, I think it was broken off. I can't move much so I spent most of my day in bed, my dad is the one who's in talks with the insurance company. Nothing happened yet, will surely update you all though.
messi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #31
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
P zeros = Positively Zero traction in rain or snow.

Car can be fixed, it is no where near being totaled. a few bolt on parts,front end work, wheel alignment and some paint and you'll never know it happened.She'll be good new. Glad that you are ok.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #32
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey man glad your ok. Like everyone else said, car can be fixed or replaced. The fact that the airbags didn't go off is good. Don't think it will be a write off. As for it being the same I'm not too sure. I've been incars that have had worse impacts and repaired and I could never tell. But it all depends on the type of damage it got. If its extensive I don't think I would want it either.
Glad your ok hope everything works out. Keep us posted man
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #33
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
P zeros = Positively Zero traction in rain or snow.

Car can be fixed, it is no where near being totaled. a few bolt on parts,front end work, wheel alignment and some paint and you'll never know it happened.She'll be good new. Glad that you are ok.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #34
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX211 View Post
Pretty Sure he hit that tree the car is resting on.

Glad to hear you are OK. That wheel does not look good based on the shot, but can't really see what is going on behind it.

Looks like at least Fender, Hood (maybe? Is it as bent as it looks in the photo?) front clip and whatever happened behind it.

How fast would you say you were actually moving at the point of impact?
My 7 year old daughter figured out what happen by looking at the picture :P
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote