Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #43
ZL600 FK

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL600 #15 (IOM) Convert
If the LS7 Camaro becomes a real car it will be most likely a limit production model due to high price. If i was to guess, I would price it at or above the ZL1 price tag.
ZL600 FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #44
TonyMeatball

Drives: 71 blazer
I think ZL-Bee and Bodih said it best. Go with the one that exists.

The reasons I want the Hot Wheels Car is, The Car is great looking that blue which is the main reason why I want the car cause you can only get it with the hot wheels edition the wheels the red accents the zl1 grill and spoiler. Also its a limited edition car. What ever car I get I plan on holding onto it. So i think 30 years from now that car might be worth something. I agree that the SS Camaro should have closer to 500hp and be lighter overall have a little more performance. If the LS7 car ever does go into production hell yea that would be a sweet car, especially if they combined it with the 1LE suspension. I would rather have that. 30 to 40 years down the road that will be worth something also.
TonyMeatball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #45
TonyMeatball

Drives: 71 blazer
If any one is interested in buying a new camaro and thinks there dealer is price gouging them feel free to call me Im sure I can help u out.
TonyMeatball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #46
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-Bee View Post
It only took almost to the arrival date for the speculated Z28 to be debunked and called the ZL1. What was that like a year or two in the making? I wouldn't be surprised either way about the LS7 but anyone could have typo'ed LS7 onto that 2014 VIN sheet or maybe even photo-shopped the pic. If I were to question the legitimacy it'd be because where would you position the LS7 between the 2SS, 1LE, and ZL1. If 2SS/RS models are pushing $40k-$45k, and 1LE's are a few thousand more, and the ZL1 sits in the $55k-$60k range. Then the other question is would an LS7 Camaro step on the toes of the ZL1? Probably, if the LS7 Camaro is cheaper than the ZL1. All this unless GM doesn't care about profit from the LS7 anymore and makes it a measure to top Ford in a way that they can't match on the SS model. Those are some of the reasons why I question whether it is legit.
Maybe the zl1 will get this engine instead of sc, or as option
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #47
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Call it

Tough call for the OP...Hot Wheels is a one year only option with a rare color.
I ordered my 2SS in 2009 in ABM..turned out to be 1 0f 3 ordered that way so I decided not to make mods to it. If collectability is your thing I think the Hot Wheels car is a good candidate...albeit you may have to wait 30 years.

If all out fun in the sun is more important to you I say go LS-7...I didnt see a 1-LE option for 2014 so it may be the Z/28 (Total speculation)...either way its going to be UBER FUN to drive with out killing your bank account.

So Collectable or Driver?...that seems to be what your faced with.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #48
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
The Hot Wheels Edition looks fantastic The color really stands out here in the plant , just like when ABM & Synergy Green were being built . I have no clue of the future value of these cars , but without a doubt having a limited edition color ( Kinetic Blue & ABM ) is something special indeed

For those of you who hold on to them and pass them on to your kids/grandkids , i think they'll appreciate the fact they have a collectable (at least for sentimental value ) .

Regardless of your preference in color or style , thank you for supporting GM and Team Camaro

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #49
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
I don't know how anyone can compare these two options;
- One exists (or will), the other is an unconfirmed rumor.
- One is a series of stickers and a paint color, the other is all about performance.
- To buy either one as an investment, thinking it will appreciate, is a big gamble at best. Hope you own it and live long enough to see whichever you chose increase in value...
Poor Investment option , In 25 years that same 40K would be a half mill in stocks etc. With the car what would you do if it sat in your garage double ? triple? Just drive it and enjoy
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #50
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Hot wheels plus supercharger kit. Then you got what you want with the look and power. You would most likely still be under what GM will charge for an LS7
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #51
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Poor Investment option , In 25 years that same 40K would be a half mill in stocks etc. With the car what would you do if it sat in your garage double ? triple? Just drive it and enjoy

drive it and enjoy is right.

but, turning 40k into 500k in 25 years is about a 10.6% return every year... thats above avg for sure... i know I'm not getting that over that kind of time frame.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #52
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
There is ZERO information about an LS7 besides a dealer code. No one knows price, specs or if it will actually come out this year.

Personally I think an LS7 would be much cooler than a hot wheels package but who knows it may be 20k more than the hot wheels. If you're really worried about it you're gonna have to wait a while to see what comes of it.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #53
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
The Hot Wheels Edition looks fantastic The color really stands out here in the plant , just like when ABM & Synergy Green were being built . I have no clue of the future value of these cars , but without a doubt having a limited edition color ( Kinetic Blue & ABM ) is something special indeed

For those of you who hold on to them and pass them on to your kids/grandkids , i think they'll appreciate the fact they have a collectable (at least for sentimental value ) .

Regardless of your preference in color or style , thank you for supporting GM and Team Camaro

Mike Judge
Super60
Glad yall like them so much. It is easily the best looking appearance package on the fifth gen so far. Thanks to you and your co-workers for building them for us.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #54
2013Sizzler

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post

Mike Judge
Super60
Mike,

Are you saying these are starting to get built?!
2013Sizzler is offline   Reply With Quote