Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #211
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
WRONG
The appeals court decided on whether the CBA allowed Goodell to penalize players as he wishes. That's it.
LOL, they don't like facts...just headlines that suit their needs, you are absolutely right with that point and I said it earlier as well.
Same with the spygate crap, they don't know the facts and just state that the Pats filmed practices and walk throughs throughout the years, when in fact they were only accused of filming from an unauthorized location one year.
Again, it's all they got....and the funny thing is they need to keep using it year after year ,even when it's irrelevant to today's happenings.
They just can't get over the fact that Tom Brady is doing this so often !!!
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:32 AM   #212
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
You know what people do when they are losing a discussion? Call people names. Good job there guy. Grow up.

edit: even though politics isn't allowed on this site, i will say i'm 100% a trump supporter. So there goes your "facts".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hardly losing the discussion, but wow, surprising...I would have bet you were out there in one of those rallies with Madonna & Ashley Judd, you know.....wearing a ****** Hat and yelling Brady cheated.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:51 AM   #213
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
[QUOTE=Joe M 2012 2SS;9580216]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post

He could have said what Forrest Gump said.

That would be refreshing, and a first! Hey, then Shanahan would have been number one at something.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #214
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
LIE

The tuck rule existed before Brady even played in the NFL. The rule was even used AGAINST the Patriots, in favor of Vinny Testeverde and the Jets, earlier in the same season as the Raiders game you are whining about.
Have you seen the Testeverde play you are talking about? Tom Brady clearly had the ball back in both hands down by his chest when he fumbled, Testeverde's hand was still in the forward motion with the ball up by his head. See the link for the video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment..._enforced_was/

Old 02-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #215
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Dan Marino is the best Quarterback to ever to play the position period. I'm not saying Tom Brady is not the best but keep in mind the Pats have had great teams over many years, going back to 2000. Brady is a great QB no question and he is a winner. I like Brady and the Pats very much because they are a class organization. The Pats have consistently had a solid running game and good defense. Dan Marino never had a good team and football is a team game. If you look at talent alone nobody beats Dan Marino. Dan Marino by a long margin is the best QB to ever play football on any level.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:14 AM   #216
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Dan Marino is the best Quarterback to ever to play the position period. I'm not saying Tom Brady is not the best but keep in mind the Pats have had great teams over many years, going back to 2000. Brady is a great QB no question and he is a winner. I like Brady and the Pats very much because they are a class organization. The Pats have consistently had a solid running game and good defense. Dan Marino never had a good team and football is a team game. If you look at talent alone nobody beats Dan Marino. Dan Marino by a long margin is the best QB to ever play football on any level.
Too bad he played for an organization that couldn't get a running back during all those years. You think they could have drafted one every year until they found a decent back. Then maybe he could have won the big game.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:29 AM   #217
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Just because you say it, doesn't make it so...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #218
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
You need to do a little bit better than leading your team to only one Super Bowl appearance only to get your ass handed to you before you can be consider in the same conversation of greatest of all time. Very very good yes, Greatest?, not so much.
1985 Super Bowl XIX - San Francisco 49ers vs. Miami Dolphins Stats.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...8501200mia.htm
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:02 PM   #219
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
You need to do a little bit better than leading your team to only one Super Bowl appearance only to get your ass handed to you before you can be consider in the same conversation of greatest of all time. Very very good yes, Greatest?, not so much.
1985 Super Bowl XIX - San Francisco 49ers vs. Miami Dolphins Stats.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...8501200mia.htm
I tend to agree. The most gifted quarterback is more possible than 'the best'. Quickest release,ok. Least sacked, alright. Greatest? Best stats, maybe. State your case. Let the debate begin.....
Old 02-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #220
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Too bad he played for an organization that couldn't get a running back during all those years. You think they could have drafted one every year until they found a decent back. Then maybe he could have won the big game.
Dan Marino never had a good Running Back. No defense at all. Nothing. Dan Marino was the Miami Dolphins. Bill Walsh, a guy many consider to be greatest football mind of all time called Dan Marino "a phenomenon" and in private Walsh said if he had Marino as their QB on those 80s 49er teams there is no telling how many Super Bowls they could have won. Go ahead and google it. Walsh said it. This is fact.

Last edited by Liquidity; 02-27-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #221
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Just because you say it, doesn't make it so...
I never said I was the authority on anything, less any sport. However stats and pure passing ability and talent alone tell the real story. Go ahead and ask the greatest football minds and coaches of the NFL past and present and most will tell if they could have any QB past or present for one game or one play, who would choose? Most would choose Dan Marino. I'm not a fan of football, I never was but I have studied the game and the position of quarterback. Not taking away from Tom Brady or the Pats. The Pats, their great coach and Brady will go down as the best ever because they have won 6 championships but football is a TEAM game. Teams win games, not individual players. Brady no question is a great talent. Brady is tall, like 6'4', great arm, decent release, good vision and more importantly heart. Nobody can measure the size of your heart and how bad you want success and Brady has all the tools to be the best but he is not the best to ever play the quarterback position.

Last edited by Liquidity; 02-27-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:22 PM   #222
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
You need to do a little bit better than leading your team to only one Super Bowl appearance only to get your ass handed to you before you can be considered in the same conversation of greatest of all time. Very very good yes, Greatest?, not so much. 1985 Super Bowl XIX - San Francisco 49ers vs. Miami Dolphins.
I don't even watch football nor am I football fan. Never was, never will be a fan of any team sport and I prefer to be outside on Sundays fishing or hunting. Bottom line teams win games, not individual players. Brady is great no question about it but brady has had great teams! However in terms of pure passing ability, standing in the pocket and making plays, the best release of all time and maybe the strongest arm of all time in terms of throwing the football with velocity, nobody comes close to Dan Marino.

Last edited by Liquidity; 02-27-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:24 PM   #223
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Old 02-27-2017, 11:30 PM   #224
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Please take a moment and observe this video. Dan Marino is 13 years in the NFL and two years after he ruptured his *Achilles Tendon and watch him control (and win) this game with his Arm alone.

*Tearing your Achilles means there is a 95% chance you will never play any sport again but Marino played 4 more years after this devastating injury.