Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #225
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Top 7 Strongest Arms of All Time:

1. DAN MARINO/JEFF GEORGE
2. JOHN ELWAY
3. JOE NAMATH
4. JAY SCHROEDER
5. TERRY BRADSHAW
6. DOUG WILLIAMS
7. RANDALL CUNNINGHAM

Last edited by Liquidity; 02-28-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:38 AM   #226
Liquidity
Account Suspended

JEFF GEORGE'S Throw at 1:02 is just simply SICK !!!

Old 02-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #227
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Brady has had great teams? Can you please tell me how many Hall of Fame running backs or Tight Ends he's had in his career?

How many 1,000 yard rushers has Brady had in his career? Brady IS the New England Patriots.

Don't give me that bs about "Oh well Brady's backups did this or that or this when he was gone."

Aaron Rodgers back up (I forget his name) threw 6 TD's in one of the few games Rodgers was out, that's something Aaron Rodgers has never done.

Brady has thrown to the likes of Dante Stallworth, Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Wes Welker... guys who were undrafted, cut from teams, etc.

The Patriots system isn't some Godlike NFL masterpiece that the sports' world has never seen before. Remember when Chad Ochocinco(Johnson) came to the Patriots and caught like 10 balls for 90 yards his entire career there?

Chad Ochocinco was just a couple years removed from like 4 straight probowls, he was still a VERY VERY good receiver going to the Patriots but he did not fit well into their system. So that's my point... it takes more than just plugging any QB in there and making something happen.

Tom Brady is definitely the greatest to ever do it. There are Hall of Fame QB's out there that are giving him the nod as the greatest, so if anyone's word holds any weight, it'd be theres.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:05 AM   #228
Dmpsix

(Keep in mind, this is all before Tom Brady won his 5th Superbowl)

Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman said he’s always considered Joe Montana the greatest, but has now changed his mind and gives the nod to Brady.

After the Patriots won their 201st game with Brady starting, the most in NFL history, Brett Favre released a video saying to Brady, “You’re the best.”

I surrender,” wrote Hall of Fame quarterback Fran Tarkenton. “He is the greatest QB ever.”

Ray Lewis, perhaps the best defensive player of Brady’s generation, called Brady “the best quarterback we’ve ever seen.”

Lewis’s teammate Ed Reed agreed in an Inside the NFL segment, as did Boomer Esiason (although Phil Simms wouldn’t commit).

Darrelle Revis, who has played both with and against Brady, calls him the best ever.

The great former Steelers receiver Hines Ward called Brady the best of all time this week.

Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders said this week that Brady is obviously the greatest quarterback ever.

Kurt Warner, a Hall of Fame candidate, said this week that Brady has already settled the debate and established himself as the best quarterback ever.

Joe Theismann said the same this week.

And a great coach who was a pretty big quarterback, Jim Harbaugh, called Brady the best football player ever.

A fifth Super Bowl ring could be a crowning achievement for Brady, but many of the all-time greats think Brady is already the greatest of all time.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-best-ever/
Old 02-28-2017, 10:18 AM   #229
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
for someone that isn't a fan of football and doesn't watch it, you seem to be very opinionated about it, and we weren't talking about the strongest arm
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #230
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
I don't even watch football nor am I football fan. Never was, never will be a fan of any team sport and I prefer to be outside on Sundays fishing or hunting. Bottom line teams win games, not individual players. Brady is great no question about it but brady has had great teams! However in terms of pure passing ability, standing in the pocket and making plays, the best release of all time and maybe the strongest arm of all time in terms of throwing the football with velocity, nobody comes close to Dan Marino.
Wait, you don't watch Football and you are all over this Thread drooling over Dan Marino.

Your description could fit Todd Marinovich until they take a snap.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #231
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Brady is ok but certainly not the best.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #232
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Wait, you don't watch Football and you are all over this Thread drooling over Dan Marino. Your description could fit Todd Marinovich until they take a snap.
Lol the Bucs suck big time. Worry about your own back yard before calling others out lol
Old 02-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #233
Dmpsix

Quote:
Well it's your opinion versus some of the greatest players to ever play in the NFL's opinion. So we'll keep Mr. Liquidity's opinion in mind when Brady is eligible for the Hall of Fame in about 7-8 years.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #234
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
The greatest QB of all time - Tom Brady.

He did have one premium receiver during his career. Randy Moss. The Pats were undefeated going into the Super Bowl with Moss, but didn't win.

Could you imagine Brady with Julio Jones? That would be "cheating".

Another player the Patriots had, who was equally a superstar, was Adam Vinatieri.

Hard to believe someone of his talent went undrafted.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #235
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
I don't even watch football......maybe the strongest arm of all time in terms of throwing the football with velocity, nobody comes close to Dan Marino.
You don't even watch, yet you know, ok. The second part about velocity is pure over the top hyperbole. He had a strong arm, no doubt, not the strongest. Strongest is over rated any way. Here's four that are stronger that I have seen myself, in person, other than Namath. Brett Farve, John Elway, Joe Namath, Matt Stafford, at best Marino is five. I'm sure others can add to this list.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:45 PM   #236
Dmpsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
You don't even watch, yet you know, ok. The second part about velocity is pure over the top hyperbole. He had a strong arm, no doubt, not the strongest. Strongest is over rated any way. Here's four that are stronger that I have seen myself, in person, other than Namath. Brett Farve, John Elway, Joe Namath, Matt Stafford, so at best Marino is five. I'm sure others can add to this list.
I remember John Madden would comment about how Brett Favre would throw with the same velocity on short routes as he would with long routes... not sure if that's a good thing but he didn't earn "The Old Gunslinger" nickname for nothing.

Also yeah, Matt Stafford has a NASTY cannon, that man can really throw the hell out of a football, seriously.

I despise the Packers and the Patriots as a whole, but Favre had a freakin' cannon and earned a nickname because of it. I don't think anyone throws a ball harder than he did.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:49 PM   #237
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Surely you gest! He's by far the best.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #238
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Surely you gest! He's by far the best.
You gotta love a player who was drafted 199 in the 6th round who tells the team owner, "I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.", and then goes on to back it up.

You absolutely cannot give him the ball with 2 minutes left on the clock needing one score.

More times then not, your going to lose. Brady plays his best under pressure, that's what makes him so good.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote