Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #71
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
I bet you none of the dodge charger guys have ever had this problem
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #72
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Yep, I am an old man, my 61st birthday is tomorrow... But I remember what it was to be young and stupid too... It's up to us old timers to pass on what we learned growing up to the younger crowd, hopefully preventing them from making some of the same mistakes we did. One day you may understand we are trying to help you, not spoil your fun...
better listen to angry bird, i was once young and a bit hard headed. im only 43, but whenever you start telling people stories that start with "when you get my age" you'll understand
Old 10-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #73
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
better listen to angry bird, i was once young and a bit hard headed. im only 43, but whenever you start telling people stories that start with "when you get my age" you'll understand
I guess I have done all the damage I can to this thread.... Time to screw up another one

Bye bye!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:01 PM   #74
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I've had my tail lights tinted for 2 years and no problems. I got them from big worm graphics and you can see light through them just fine day or night.. I'm fine with them.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #75
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
I guess I have done all the damage I can to this thread.... Time to screw up another one

Bye bye!
Don't leave yet, I'm enjoying this.

"Moms and Old Men" = maturity, wisdom and knowledge. Something some of the younger ones here have yet to achieve.

I personally like to see brake lights before I'm 25 feet from your bumper. While I care about you, I care about my family more and don't appreciate them being placed in danger because of your vanity.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:05 AM   #76
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
I know that the kids who tint their taillights (and I am sure it's mostly kids that do it) think it makes them look like badasses or darth vader or something, but trust me, it just makes you look like a kid who's trying too hard.

It cheapens the look of your car, it screams ricer, and it's dangerous.

I'm sure the diaper crowd will label me a "hater" but I am actually trying to be nice. You have a great looking car. Let it be.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:08 AM   #77
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
What some of these people fail to realize is that the OP isn't complaining about getting a ticket, but rather the cost of the ticket itself. I'm sure the OP realizes that having blacked out tail lights is illegal, but I'm sure we can all agree that a $200+ ticket for tinted tail lights is a bit drastic. I've had speeding tickets that cost less than that and speeding is considered more hazardous than tinted tail lights.

Most cops these days don't worry small things like this. It's the 1 asshole cop out of 10 cops that decide to hassle people about something so small. I've got 5% tint on my front and rear windows, with 40% on my windshield. Have had it for two years and been pulled over numerous times and never got bothered about my tint until I got my first tint ticket a month ago in the entire two years of being pulled over, which the courts ended up dropping at no cost anyway. I explained to the cop that stopped me that I bought the car with the tint from the dealer (which is the truth) and that I've never been bothered about it any other time I've been pulled over by any other cops. His response was: "Well, you've never been pulled over by me."

Yes Sir! I'm just pissed about the ridiculous fine. Its hard to swallow!
Old 10-29-2014, 03:56 AM   #78
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I like my tint, dont really care about others opinions.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:57 AM   #79
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Well since I've had it on both of my vehicles and putting on countless others with no issues so far from anyone that I know of might have a bit more expirence than most there guy.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
I would rather spend that 239 partying in Vegas or buy a pair of True religion jeans.. lol.. I wish that jealous cop could at least gave me a fix it ticket. Haters gonna hate but smoke lights is way better looking than stock one. But its game over for me.
I'd take it toward a track day entry fee, but yeah it does kind of come down to choices . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
Man we have a bunch of moms, old men, and haters on this site haha.. Tinted taillights definitely look better than stock, I've had tons of positive comments on mine. I don't think big worms says "not for street use" but if it did I wouldn't really care. Most of us on here mod our cars to look better and go faster when, at the least, we all have more than 312 hp that will do 70 with ease. I agree, petty ticket and there are bigger things to worry about than someone's tailights.
In many cases, wisdom is knowledge that you acquire shortly after you needed it. Think about this a little.

And like I've already mentioned, vanity. Not one of mankind's classier characteristics.

Quote:

Bye bye!
Bet you can't stay gone . . . and oh yeah, happy birthday, kid.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #80
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
Man we have a bunch of moms, old men, and haters on this site haha.. Tinted taillights definitely look better than stock, I've had tons of positive comments on mine.
We also have a lot of young, inexperienced, spoiled, entitlement-minded, disrespectful of the law folks here as well. The point is not whether tinted tail lights "look better than stock" - I think most would say they do - I think they do. However, there are legal limits of tint for a reason and it isn't to take away your right to look cool. Grow up and start living by the laws that are there for your own safety, as well as the safety of others. There's nothing so special about you or your car that excludes you from obeying the law.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #81
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
I like my tint, dont really care about others opinions.
I like your tint too... looks great. Problem is, a LEO isn't going by how good (or bad) it looks - he/she is looking at it from a legal standpoint, a safety standpoint, and does it fit within the laws of the motor vehicle codes.

I don't know if yours is legal or not - probably not. And if not, I'm sure you know it's not. I also trust you will not be a whiney offender when the day finally comes for your ticket(s).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #82
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
We don't hate them,They are cool, don't get me wrong they are just dangerous. You can talk that ticket down with the states attorney probably to a fix it.
All this for taillights, really. If you have something that's on your car and you already know it not legal then deal with it. I believe wasting everybody's time the (Judge, state attorney, law officers and yours) just because you got a ticket for "intentionally breaking the law" is not right. I realize the OP is just commenting on the "cost" of the ticket and he's most likely not gonna change his lights. But this is "America" and we have the choice to be "different" and are allowed to do so.

BTW I grew up in San Bernardino Ca and know the laws "broke most of them". But I just took my lumps and went on with life.

My point is all the time the courts are wasting to deal with all the "fix it tickets" is just wasted time that could be used in a better way.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #83
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo View Post
All this for taillights, really. If you have something that's on your car and you already know it not legal then deal with it. I believe wasting everybody's time the (Judge, state attorney, law officers and yours) just because you got a ticket for "intentionally breaking the law" is not right. I realize the OP is just commenting on the "cost" of the ticket and he's most likely not gonna change his lights. But this is "America" and we have the choice to be "different" and are allowed to do so.

BTW I grew up in San Bernardino Ca and know the laws "broke most of them". But I just took my lumps and went on with life.

My point is all the time the courts are wasting to deal with all the "fix it tickets" is just wasted time that could be used in a better way.
On of the most basic rights the Constitution affords us is court access and the right to face our accuser.

Yes, it's probably a waste of time, but it's still his or anybody else's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
I know that the kids who tint their taillights (and I am sure it's mostly kids that do it) think it makes them look like badasses or darth vader or something, but trust me, it just makes you look like a kid who's trying too hard.

It cheapens the look of your car, it screams ricer, and it's dangerous.

I'm sure the diaper crowd will label me a "hater" but I am actually trying to be nice. You have a great looking car. Let it be.
The problems the younger drivers don't understand is it is only a styling fad, so some guy like me will go to buy that car and just think "oh jeeze, wonder what else they f'd up." Not to mention in 20 or thirty years on a "most ridiculous crap of the 2010s" show they will be making fun of blacked out lights and 30 inch wheels. Maybe they will show accidents between cars with blacked out lights and guys with 30s. Guy with 30s won't be able to stop well because of the weight of their wheels and won't be able to see the taillights because they are blacked out. Can't wait.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 10-29-2014 at 07:18 AM.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #84
garyw

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
the more I read about California the more I feel for the people who live there...I have never been, but I just can't imagine living in a place that's so contradicting...lets legalize weed, but you cant put long tubes or blacked out tail lights on your car...I know weed brings the money in, but seriously think about it..California is ridiculous
its not just cali man, think SAFETY! Why would you put something on the only warning that alerts the guy behind you that your stopping?

its one thing to be dumb, but to get on a forum and write about it?

People are ridiculous.
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote